It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by domain1000
reply to post by AthlonSavage
I think the advantage will have to go to Venus:
1. The main advantage men have is strength, this is negated when both sides have modern weaponry, as guns are great equalizers. In our modern era, an elderly person possesses the power to shoot down the mightiest Mr. Universe with a single pull of a finger - quite impressive really. Strength then, is a minimal factor.
2. Women are more dextrous, and can sprint for longer. They will have an asset of speed.
3. I am no expert, but I have read that women make great snipers because they are more patient, less impulsive and they have a better center of balance. All together giving them an edge in the long-game.
4. Women are more social then men. This may translate into them operating better as a coordinated group. I can't say for certain, but it is a possibility to be considered.
5. Close combat: martial arts training is often centered around negating an opponents advantage of strength and/or using it against him. Again the one strength of men is negated. In such an environment, speed would be crucial. Also, men have the disadvantage of having particularly fragile genitals which would be fully exploited by quicker women. (Just how is it that evolution saw fit to put the most fragile part of a man's anatomy near center mass with no protection and external of the body? Seems like a bad idea overall.)
I don't see much going for the guys in this sort of match up. Technology has taken away the prime advantage of having testosterone-pumped muscle men.