It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How have you awakened to the search for Truth?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Peace to all of you

We all have our intentions for changing our ways.

Some of our awakenings can be summed up in one word and some are incomprehensible. But usually it is good natured(i don't think it's an awakening if it isn't) and a thought of wisdom. I would like to hear what the awakened truth of your soul is, because it can help and encourage us, especially those who are misunderstood by those around us.

So let's hear it, pour out your hearts without shame, because we are One Family.

Here's my example:

a couple of years back, one summer I was very irritable, and I was arguing with my friend who had worn my pants, kept them and said they were his. Me, being very frustrated, pushed him. He got up, and punched me in the face while I was sitting down.

Right as that happens, I become numb and physically paralyzed, with no feeling of pain, but only that of peace and that everything would be okay. I was still awake and my whole body was vibrating and buzzing, and I looked at my brother who had a scared look in his face.

When I came back to my senses, my face was pouring blood, and i started puking up the dip I had swallowed from the impact. I looked in the mirror and saw my nose broken and oozing blood. My other friend's dad took me to the hospital.

The ground breaking part for me was the rest of the day. On the ride home I felt no pain, but filled with peace, feeling that everything around me was eminating love.

I realised that the bad behavior I was in was the cause of that happening. The idea that you get what you give was shown to me, and I could no longer be mad, but love my friend who hit me, because I drove him to that.

Late that afternoon I went over that friend's house on a bike, went into his house and forgave him and gave him a
hug.

My nose healed up completely straight by the next day, and contrary to what the doctor said, there
was no more pain.

This showed me that we must love, to be happy, and to make others happy. We are sensitive humans and we affect our lives by living out our emotions, which come from our spirit.

I decided to be reborn in the spirit and live a life of mercy, because if you give mercy it will be given to you.

Now it's your turn, don't be shy
edit on 8-10-2012 by backcase because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-10-2012 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

thats what opiates are all about

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Well, for one thing, I've found that I'm not so lonely that I need a "friend"
such as the one you just described.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Honestly, one day I just kind of 'woke up'..
I knew I had to change, things had to change, and I had to start searching for the truth.
I still to this day do not know what really triggered my awakening, but I am so thankful it came about.

I'm sure a good punch to the face would do it too.. Jk
Glad you only gained good from being knocked out, and not a concussion.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
My search for truth started at a young age.
I explored everything I could,
tried everything I could,
and found that just like science, it leaves more questions than it answers as you search, which is kind of fun! After around 25 or so years of searching for the truth, I found it was inside me all along, guiding me to it.
But that is just my truth,
and that is good enough for me.

I love the truth you have OP! Love IS the answer

edit on 8-10-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

Ha, I got one of those too

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
One time I got knocked out and ended up in an episode of Hawaii 5-O, I woke up when the guy said Book em Danno! You would have to be semi-old to remember that saying though.
Wish I woulda gotten some love and forgiveness feelings for that, cause that hurt.Flipped right over a rock on my mountain bike and slammed my head into another one.
edit on 8-10-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase
reply to post by Katharos62191

Ha, I got one of those too

Oh no!! I guess that is where the saying 'knock some sense into ya' comes from.

That would be one of the only situations you can be thankful for a concussion, I suppose.

It really did give you a head change, and for the better!!

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Truth cannot be seen because truth is always happening now.

To search for truth is an imaginary idea looking for an imaginary idea of "past" , "future", "whatever"....

Truth is here now and you are truth also. A lie is only an idea.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Peace to you, I have noticed that there are a few who speak like this, and because I do not posess God I will not be skeptical but only tell you that I see no spirit in these words. But I am curious and would like to know what you think the "now" is, and how you arrived at that understanding?

Peace to you

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Now is the presence of the lord - now is the knigdom.
Now is all that can be known.
edit on 8-10-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Don't they say in Zen that any moment or happening can lead to enlightenment? I don't have a similar story to share but I think you had an authentic awakening to truth. I wouldn't gainsay it. I have felt like that after hours of mantras and it feels unmistakably good and so right. So peace right back to you my friend.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

How is this truth understood?
By looking at the world and seeing what's real, you realize that lies are only in the mind.
Sometimes one mind will bring this lie into another mind, but the reality stays the same.
Thinking about the past, distracts you from now.
Preparing for the future, makes you miss the moment.
Whatever you need protection from is instinctive, like putting your hand on a hot stove.
The hand moves itself with instinct.
Worry, Fear, Trauma, these things slow you down from living in the moment;
and even this is ok, because these emotions are there to protect you.

Now is what is appearing. The future does not appear and nor does the past.
When it gets here it's the present - and only then can you act.

The personality (the beliefs, emotions) determines the choices
Experience determines what you can imagine
(the things you imagine is combinations of experienced things).
Even changing your beliefs, thoughts, emotions is determined by Personality.
(Since initially your personality can "like change" or "hate it" be "strong-willed" or not)

You are not that:
The emotions which comes and goes
The thoughts which comes and goes
The beliefs which you hold on to or allow to be released...
The personality which is the light/spirit (combination of all light and forms of thought/emotion/etc.)

You are that which KNOWS what is happening.
You are that which knows what is presently appearing (as these different things arise).

Do you realize it full now?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I like it arpgme but its too da*n complicated. Wouldn't it just be easier to be punched in the face?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by fc487

What's difficult? The explanation?

You are one who sees and everything (including your body, intentions, emotions, and thoughts) are all things which you are "seeing" - they come and go. To be focused on reality is to be aware of what is happening now.

The simplest way to say it is this:

The key-word is "Know", know what? Know what is happening now...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
This is my awakening story and how i got here, my grammar is not the greatest, so bare with me. it started one day when i was medicating by myself, after i dropped off my girlfriend at the time. Well I started analizing myself and how i was acting towards other people. Laughing at people that were less fortunate, not caring about them. Letting my mouth run when i would get drunk. pretty much breaking myself down. After that i gradually made changes in my life, to be a better person. So down the line i found a guy named Ron Paul, And thats how i really got into the curruption of the government. I wasn't going crazy over it, like some people on here, but it opened my eyes even more. It was disgusting and it made me that more motivated to change. Now being 26, Im more spiritual, more comfortable in my own skin. way more confident with the ladies. ive takin a couple "magic journeys" which really broke down my life and motivated me to become that 1% or come close, and stay humble. with all that rambling, my little awaking did teach me that i get to be the hero of my life and to make it count. try to make as much money as i can and give as much money as i can. At the end of the day its really is about Spreading the love around. Thanks for listening

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I agree with what you are saying, just wanted to be a smarta*s

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by solizer

Peace to you, I had a simmiler experience where I looked hard at myself, saw how I see people, and was ashamed of myself, this was also a real game changer for me.

I try not to worry or look at politics because it disgusts me and the government is only going to get worse. Also I think money is worthless and harmful to the spirit so I try to make sure that I live life more for the spirit than the material life.

May the peace and love of Christ be with you, and thank you for sharing

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Peace to you again, i feel like theres a little more to life than this one understanding. It's like the universe in a nutshell, and looking at life under a magnifying glass takes away from the experience. There are three states of matter in man and in God, not just ONE. But all Three are One.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

If you want, I guess you can split it into three.

The Formless (Existence / Knowledge / Observation)

The Spirit (Energy / Personality / Intuition)

The Form (Matter / Body / Instinct)

The Formless is beyond all, the spirit which has its own will and personality, and the body which has survival instincts.

edit on 10-10-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join