It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palm Scanners in Maryland Schools

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Hey everybody, this is my first thread. I did a search and it appears that this particular story has not been covered.

Well, it seems like biometric security measures are spreading and becoming more prevalent. This is obviously to get the kids conditioned to being subject to such measures and technologies. It shouldn't surprise us since the Rockefellers have controlled the U.S. Educational system since 1903, amongst many other things.

MSN - Parents Upset Over Lunchtime Palm Scanner

From the MSN article linked above:

"The controversial system is operating in three Carroll County elementary schools with plans to expand to the whole district within a year. It’s also used in many other schools around the country where there have also been concerns about invasion of privacy as well as the cost of the system. Once implemented, PalmSecure will run the Carroll County district about $300,000."

"The district said the goal is to decrease the time it takes to pay for lunches since the children have a limited amount of time to eat their meals."

All of this reminds me of what Aldous Huxley said in his letter to George Orwell in 1949.

Huxley's Letter to Orwell

"Within the next generation I believe that the world's rulers will discover that infant conditioning and narco-hypnosis are more efficient, as instruments of government, than clubs and prisons, and that the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging and kicking them into obedience. In other words, I feel that the nightmare of Nineteen Eighty-Four is destined to modulate into the nightmare of a world having more resemblance to that which I imagined in Brave New World. The change will be brought about as a result of a felt need for increased efficiency."

-Aldous Huxley

They are getting away with it and we the taxpayers are paying for it. They are implementing these "security" measures to catalog us from here on out. Somewhere J.Edgar Hoover's ghost is getting a happy.

I truly hope more of us speak out against such measures.whenever we get the chance.
Although, it's also interesting to note that the school districts are sneaking them by to an extent.

edit on Mon Oct 8 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: EX TAGS ADDED

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gusmonkey

It's complete bs. Staff more employees to handle the load if it is a problem. It would be cheaper.

Our quest for efficiency is meaning more and more that there simply aren't enough jobs available to employ everyone. What are we going to do when there are no more jobs at all?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Schools are so incredibly broke, they cannot afford basics like pencils, crayons and paper....but they have money for this?

It doesn't take that long to collect money, and to write down the student's names that don't have money that day.

Perhaps if we gave these kids more time to eat and play, and have a few more employees to get them through the lunch line, the problem would be solved.

There is nothing admirable or efficient about this. It's just plain creepy.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS,

An absolutely solid fist post Gus. An example to our new members coming from sites that don't have the ATS guidelines for quality thread posting.

SnF and a tip o the hat.

edit on 8-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

Yeah, sadly, we are in the business of shipping jobs elsewhere, and using the latest technologies to condition our people into servitude. It's a win win for some. It's notable here because Fujitsu is the maker of the PalmSecure systems/technology.

Also, there's talk of these systems finding their way into grocery store checkouts.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Also, there's talk of these systems finding their way into grocery store checkouts.

Oh, hell no! They had better create one that reads only my middle finger, because that'll be the only one I give them to read.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Hey, thanks! It's great to be here at ATS. Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

With these technological advances and the slave/servant conditioning (for lack of a better term) going on,
I wonder where we will be in 10 to 20 years time in the U.S. Sadly, Huxley was right about the ruling class and the fact that we are slowly being dumbed down and ushered into a Brave New World.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Hey, FissionSurplus. Haha I'm with you.
Yeah, I'll have to find the link where they mentioned grocery checkouts and other uses for this technology.

I wasn't able to find the grocery link mention, but this is from their own manual or documentation.
They outline some industries that are employing PalmSecure.

Excerpt:
"PalmSecure technology has been deployed worldwide in a wide range of vertical markets, including security, financial/banking, healthcare, commercial enterprises and educational facilities. Additional applications include physical access control, logical access control, retail POS systems, ATMs, kiosks, time and attendance management systems, visitor ID management and other industry-specific biometric applications."

PalmSecure's Own Documentation

This link is outlining how some biotech companies are partnering with and offering Fujitsu's PalmSecure to businesses.
Vantage Data Centers and PalmSecure

Looks like it's going to make its way to everything. If not by Fujitsu than through other means.
This really does sound like a way to have "The Chip" without having one.

Note: I'm not a "Mark of the Beast" kind of guy, but I definitely see the oligarchs employing this widely eventually.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by gusmonkey
reply to post by randyvs

Hey, thanks! It's great to be here at ATS. Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

With these technological advances and the slave/servant conditioning (for lack of a better term) going on,
I wonder where we will be in 10 to 20 years time in the U.S. Sadly, Huxley was right about the ruling class and the fact that we are slowly being dumbed down and ushered into a Brave New World.

Yes indeed and you will come to find out, I am in agreement with you in the most extreme ways you can imagine.
What does a person do when he recognizes someone has declared war him ? What would be your reaction to finding out someone wants you dead ? What do you do with people who want to kill everyone ?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Why don't they just cut out "hot" lunches at school. It's cheaper than scanners, and it helps the economy

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Working in retail, I began to notice a troubling trend in the middle school aged kids. They would buy a 35 cent lollipop or 79 cent doughnut, maybe a bag of chips, or a candy bar etc. I would tell them the total and they wold hand me a big handful of change that was often way more than their purchase, or less than their purchase. The kids could never get it right! I talked about this wih my boss one day, and we came to the conclusion that it is because schools just aren't teaching this skill anymore! When I was in pre-school, I remember doing math exercises where they would have a picture of money in the workbook and you had to count it. Something this simple is lost to these kids. That's ok though - they're not going to need it in a cashless society

top topics

join