It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give social security it's walking papers

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Rudy2shoes

Rudy2shoes, you is off
the chain.
Do you always
type like this?
Will you

explain?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rudy2shoes
reply to post by RobinB022

I like your avatar reminds me of the vaccines,
we would line up for as children,
handed out at public schools.
When I grew up they handed out vaccines,
before SS numbers.

Yep-that was the polio vaccine, hidden within a cube of sugar. My dad took me for my "treat."

BTW-How old are you that you didn't get an SS# issued at birth? Were you born in a hospital or at home? Once SS was implemented, we were all issued one @ birth, The hospital sent the paperwork in and the numbers came soon after. SS office called me after the birth of my second son because there were 3 -6's in his numbers.. they asked me if I wanted to change his SS#

My avatar=A spoonfull of sugar helps the medicine go down

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

There were no SS numbers before the SS act , so if you were born before that you wouldn't have had one until they came out......so what's the problem?

Prove I am wrong,
whats your problem with what I am saying?

If this is too upsetting,
I will move on to open caskets,
6 family members dead,
with bullet holes in their foreheads I have been witness to.
30 years later flying dead neighbor out with helicopters.
And there is more from family members during war while I have been alive.
How much can you handle from a man that begged,
for a SS,
number as a child?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I did not want to see anymore open caskets, wanted a job.
I was born in America, I wanted to move on.
Got me a number,
now the young claim they don't want to honor that number.
I say fine, just let me speak my mind.

edit on 8-10-2012 by Rudy2shoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I really don't know what you are trying to say...I am totally confused by you.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Crime Oct 1975
Sentence to death,
overturned, insane.
Walking the streets on weekends now.
I bet SS pays for it all, and the state.

Its easy, blame me,
for remembering.
I will take the blame,
as current BS,
has not overridden my brain.

So you all have fun picking on SS,
while I still see the ones,
that have never been able to claim.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Have you ever read the constitution?

SS is not a right.

Did you come here from another country?

Then you weren't due a SS card until a citizen.

Don't know what else to say...getting off this crazy train...goodnight to you Rudy.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

Need I not remind everyone that if we cut off Social Security now, the same situation we could face in the future and could prepare for, millions of retired folks will face TODAY in the middle of a terrible recession with no back-up plans and no health or strength to go back to work. These people today worked their entire lives and because we don't want to pay they should all go broke and starve? It's not fair, it's not grandpa's fault. The gvt misused the money let them fix it, we can't turn on those who need public/government assistance now when they need us most. It is our responsibility as humans to care for our fellow man. I do agree that the people of higher monthly income could have their SS modestly deducted to help out, but it would not be right to just cut them off. Atleast we have a warning of what is to come and try to plan ahead - these people had no freaking clue. their generation is dieing off, let them do it in peace man.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Why would I give it up after paying for over 40 years? just because some kid fron the"Me" generation has an epithany and world owes him a favor,sounds like your you ,start your own plan,leave us old guys be

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Exactly, this rant comes down to this guy, took out a huge loan to get a mediocre education, landing him a crappy job and now he see's X% coming out for SS and is upset that he isn't getting that %, possibly because he can't/or is having trouble, making ends meet.

Best reply was, the "Fine go ahead and Opt out, move to china" LMAO truth hurts.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I am a Baby Boomer, and I get your point. Since its inception, the United States has had a series of missteps on its path to a nation with each generation. The difference now, is people like you who want to throw the "baby out with the bath water" attitude. We have succeeded because we learn from our mistakes, like slavery. You don't remember how desparate the elderly become in the US without a guaranteed safety net. We are no longer farmers but a mobile society, try moving an 80 yr old around. Yes, we live longer but so will you, probably. I do not believe social security is going away for anyone. The republicans will never go through with it, it is just political bait. Let us say all social security goes into private plans. You know that in another 30-40 years there will be another economic crash of some sort threatening all those retirement funds. Then what, another federal bailout?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnarchysAngel
"You pay into that son"

I'm tired of paying for the retirement of baby boomers. My generation will never see that money. Half of you that are collecting it don't even need it. We won't retire until we're 70, according to the experts. Stop taking it. If it's being taken with no reliable plan to give it back, to finance our retirement, then stop taking it. It's unfair taxation. We may be able to get by with privatized retirement plans, but that doesn't make it right.

Stop beating a dead horse, and admit you messed up what was a nice idea.

yeah?...well i'm tired of the young thinking they are owed a living...alot of us baby boomers were working our asses off at the ripe old age of 16 while going to high school. alot of us baby boomers worked 10 to 14 hours a day just to get ahead. i went years without taking 1 vacation longer than 3 days. i paid off my house in 15 years by buying 5-year-old cars and working on them in the garage to keep them running. alot of us scrimped on our wants and desires, so we could send our kids to college. grow up, and start busting your ass each and every days for the next 30 years, and only then will i attempt to care about what you say. and stop blaming others, because in the long run, nobody gives a sh*t about you other than your family

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Dear OPs:
There are two things assured in life: Death and Taxes
And I am skepical about the first being true forever.

No, you cannot opt out of taxation for things you don't use currently. Be it roads, parks, SS, military, research and medicine, etc.

Welcome to civilization. There are still places on earth you may go where there is no social security and many other aspects of civil society...so either go there and live free, or stay here, shaddup, and live in a less savage mindset.

One day your butt is going to be old..and we don't want you starving and stinking up the street corners..this is why you pay SS..not because your helping grandpa..but because one day you will be grandpa, your kids won't be calling you, and someone has to tuck you away from society verses let you annoy the younger folks by begging for change.

SS was created for a reason..to solve a real problem that was happening in the streets.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

SS is not a right.

Don't know what else to say...getting off this crazy train...goodnight to you Rudy.

SS is a right actually. If they take tax money from us for it, then we are entitled to it.
Constitution doesn't say anything about roads either...but its your right to use em (maybe not with a car mind you)

You pay for it, its yours (sharing though, no, you don't personally own the military. Politicians are a bit like moderators to determine how to use our stuff).

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
So as I understand it a majority of responders to this thread are tired of having this taken from their checks over the years...and even though it was...they dont want it back later. Can I have it?

PS My mother had only SS until she died. She was a cancer patient, infirm, blind, and had brittle bones. I paid her monthly home mortage, insurance, medical bills, groceries, prescriptions, gas, electric, water, car insurance and bi-annual county taxes.

Without her monthly check...this aged, BLIND cancer sufferer, wouldnt have been able to pay ANY of he above. None of it.

I think many of you are clueless as to how many and in what ways, seniors depend on and have to have their only means of income, their monthly SS checks, paid into them by themselves over all the working years of their lives. No clue whatsoever.

Im going out on a limb here by saying I believe most of the posters against SSI and SSA ...are in their 30s-40s and younger. If dropped, banned or changed...how would you feel letting your parents with their canes, wheelchairs, declining health, comprehension, and dependancy...move BACK in with you PERMANENTLY???

I mean...if you feel this way now...and I dont know how well you all get along with your families..but for sure...youre planning on letting them live with you in a few years right?
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Yeah, right.......Get rid of the only stable thing in the country. I hope your parents or relatives read your post and donate any inheritance to charity. Either that or maybe they should blow all their money, if I ever caught my daughter saying anything like you are saying, she wouldn't inherit a thing.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

SS is not a right.

Do you realize that tens of millions of people do not earn enough in a lifetime to afford old age
and infirmity?

Not everyone is gonna be a doctor, accountant of executive, some people earn $400 a week and
even less.

People get old and worn out, especially as we live longer.

It is easy for you to look past it because you do not have to deal with ten of millions of these
people or possibly you don't care. Either way, my grandparents and my parents have depended
on that income and they were all relatively successful.
edit on 8-10-2012 by campanionator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Thats exactly what the GLOBALIST wants . But you will still pay in that same money but for nothing .You will not have anything and still have to support your parents who will not be able to work . Hopefully your family will not need SS if you have a heart attack at 40 . You won't be young for long . reply to post by AnarchysAngel

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Look what is going on in Spain!

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

It's not a right, it's a law...big difference.

And it's not a tax in the sense to be used for the common good...it was promised to saved to be given back to you.

You are quite confused about SS, you should read thru the thread and then read up an SS>

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join