It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR.......?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Hi.

It won't be long now before Syria and Turkey are at a full scale war.

www.reuters.com...

ISTANBUL, Oct 7 (Reuters) - Turkish forces fired across the frontier into Syria on Sunday after a shell launched from Syria landed in Turkey's border town of Akcakale, underlining Ankara's warning that it will respond with force to any violence spilling over into its territory.

A Turkish border unit also returned fire after a mortar bomb launched from Syria at around 7 p.m. hit an uninhabited area of Altinozu at the western end of the Syrian border, the Hatay province governor's office said.

NATO member Turkey was once an ally of Assad's but turned against him after his violent response to the uprising in which activists say 30,000 people have died.Turkey has nearly 100,000 Syrian refugees in camps on its territory, has allowed rebel leaders sanctuary and has led calls for Assad to quit. Its armed forces are far larger than Syria's.

Okay so I kinda understand that Syria is angry at Turkey for allowing refugees. But what would be accomplished by starting a war with an old friend? A war that they will probably lose.

It makes no sense to me but very few things do anymore.....
edit on 7-10-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Oct 7 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
How wars start hardly ever makes sense. Rationality always goes out the window.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Could be the rebels firing at Turkey.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lambros56

Yup.

That's what I thought. (prob. a lot of other people too.)

Of course they are the only people who would benefit.

I wonder if Iran would intervene if Turkey attacks.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I beleive it would be a long war if nato dont back up Turkey. Alot like the Iran Iraq war. Proxie war for Nato against Russia. Just watch out for those chemical weapons. Assad said he would only use them on a forgien aggressor

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Personally my grandad always said to me you always need a good war, that is to get rid of the dross! And when you think about it as a country Britain needs something else to get involved in, And we have plenty of things back home to overcome before we invade the Middle East :-/

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by aarys

Really you think it would drag out? Maybe. I figure Turkey would go in and clean house.

It could get really ugly with chemical warfare or biological who knows what those crazy bastards have available.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

I know all the weapons discharge has us deaf and its getting harder to see thru all the smoke of battle. But it really is simple. That RT YouTube you brought makes it sound as though Syria and Turkey are the combatants but see through it. When they say "Turkey" supplant NATO. When you hear about border conflicts between Syria and Turkey read that Syria is defending itself from all the "Humanitarian aid" (weapons) that Turkey (NATO) is sending into Syria to support the guerrilla war that is being waged by the "rebels" (insurgents).

So Syrian troops have stiffened their resistance at the border where this aid is crossing and defending themselves right there, instead of waiting for the guns and ammo to get to Allepo. And Turkey is shooting into Syriai with artillery in order to keep these supply lanes open. This little gun battle has been going on for months.

Whether or not the Syrian rebels are lobbing odd rounds into Turkey is not clear but would make for good PR. Ooh, help us Syria is attacking us. Syria has its hands full enough inside its own borders, let alone attacking a country of NATO.

Turkey is still shelling inside Syria at different locations across the border. They aren't just randomly shooting, they are targeting elements of the Syrian army that are being deployed to stop the cross border Turkish (Nato) supply line. That is where the battle is heating up. That is why.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rightwing
Personally my grandad always said to me you always need a good war, that is to get rid of the dross! And when you think about it as a country Britain needs something else to get involved in, And we have plenty of things back home to overcome before we invade the Middle East :-/
''
When I was young my father said that many wars (esp the two WW's) were engineered as a culling of the human race, and a way to reduce the amount of violent men in societies by allowing them (even rewarding them) to kill other violent men.
My idealistic youthful self scoffed at the concept but now I'm not so sure. Humanity has always been blighted by its tendency toward violence and destruction so it makes sense for a society to direct that tendency outward than allow it to remain within its own confines.
As for Syria attacking Turkey, such a suicidal move would be nonsensical for Assad's forces and IMHO it is a ploy by the insurgency to drag other forces into the conflict which would only benefit them.
It is a very worrying development but sadly it seems that war and destruction won't be dispensed with any time soon.

Humans Eh!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
This is a part of the elites massive plan to take over the countries around the Mediteranian sea...By involving turkey in a war with Syria they weaken both countries to the point that they are easy to manipulate...In every war both parties involved get hurt regardless of who wins the war.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Surely , Turkey will have full scale war with Syria . Then NATO will come to rescue . After that USA , Israel will join . Iran , Russia will come to Syria as Savior .

new topics

top topics

join