It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seriously, Has Anyone Else Noticed This?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

It has become easier to forge experiences or fake evidence, so we're forced to take any news with a copious handful of salt. Additionally, no one really has any answers for what my friends call "woo woo" stuff, or the stuff usually associated with philosophy or the supernatural. So what's the point of discussing it if you can't walk away with solid answers?

“It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question and he'll look for his own answers.”

Essentially, even if you don't find the answer you were looking for, you work so hard to find it that the answers you find along the way become that much more precious and meaningful to you. The quote comes from Patrick Rothfuss's "The Wise Man's Fear"...I highly recommend you give it a look. It's full of nice little things like what I just posted.

My favorite line: "Why would I want to win anything other than a beautiful game?"

edit on 8-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
For those who say "this has already been posted" or "use the search function" perhaps they can find the important relevant information from those old threads and provide a summation of what was uncovered and the questions that remain (if any).

I know that sounds like a lot of work but at least it would be a real contribution as it brings the old upfront for people to digest, comment, and even possibly add to since new information may have become available on certain older topics.

At least this would be much more constructive than the "this has already been posted"/"use the search function" goto lines...

Peace,

-AS-
edit on 8-10-2012 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I've been an ATS lurker for some good time, but only in the passed year or so I decided to join.

It's just an "up-to-date" thing. Most of the stuff on ATS is new info.

HAARP and NWO isn't new info anymore.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I agree that new info is a problem. I come off as a complete skeptic because I don't buy these huge, overall conspiracies. I think conspiracies are local events.

I have pushed the idea that on the saturday night broadcast, people report local going ons, such as news or something that seems shady.

Encouraging people to look locally would not only give us ideas on what is going on in the rest of the world, it would bring in new material to discuss. And some of there things do end up in the big picture.

I could tell of some shady things here, and one person involved plans on running for president.
edit on 10-10-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join