It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York State Seeks to Limit Doctor Visits for 'Benchmark' ObamaCare Plan ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
New York State Seeks to Limit Doctor Visits for 'Benchmark' ObamaCare Plan

As part of its “benchmark” health care plan to satisfy ObamaCare’s requirement of the establishment of Essential Health Benefits (EHB’s) in each state, the state of New York has requested that annual doctor visit limits be substituted for lifetime and annual dollar limits in health care plans.

If this true, it looks like the rationing is starting ?

New York as well as other States may be backed into a corner by he all-authoritative Dept of HHS.

Is this what it really says ?

States had until October 1, 2012 to choose an existing health care plan to serve as the minimum “benchmark” plan that would contain the EHB’s as required by ObamaCare. President Obama’s signature health care law gives HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius sole authority to determine the EHB’s for the insurance plans in the state health insurance exchanges. The most controversial EHB to date is the “HHS Mandate,” which requires all employers to provide contraception, sterilization procedures, and abortion-inducing drugs, free of charge, to their employees.

In its letter to the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMMS), the state of New York wrote:

Removal of Annual/Lifetime Dollar Limits - New York State awaits further federal guidance on the process for substituting dollar limits on benefits with actuarially equivalent quantitative limits (e.g., annual visit limits).

New York Selected EHB Benchmark – Oxford EPO

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Yep sounds like rationing, also sounds like death panels. Limited doctor visits guess they will just have to take a pill instead of seeing a doctor.

Pretty damn cavalier attitude.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
edit on 6-10-2012 by neo96 because: holy double posts batman

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

NYS resident here and your thread is complete bull.
If this is just place for people to repose lies they read from REDSTATE then I give up. I already get emails from redstate.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andcoulter

If this is just place for people to repose lies they read from REDSTATE then I give up. I already get emails from redstate.

not so fast.

this is from the Health Care For All New York website.....

In our written comments to the State, HCFANY urged the State to select the New York State Employee Plans’ Empire Plan, which has more comprehensive benefits than the Oxford plan. Among other differences, the Empire Plan covers adult dental care, and covers some services (like physical therapy and speech therapy) according to medical necessity rather than limiting those services to a set number of visits.

Link to is in the OP. hcfany.org...

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
So wait...Obamacare tells the state it needs to set up a minimum level of coverage for its citizens and New York throws around the idea of limiting doctor visits?

How is this the HHS's fault?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234
So wait...Obamacare tells the state it needs to set up a minimum level of coverage for its citizens and New York throws around the idea of limiting doctor visits?

How is this the HHS's fault?

Maybe because there seems to be no solid provision under the Federal law.

HHS has the dictatorial powers as you well know by now.

Why haven't they not stopped the visit limits ??

Unless of course they are "working on that".

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Why haven't they not stopped the visit limits ??

The obvious answer that so, so many people screamed about and still scream about; states rights.

Obamacare, while leveraging power from the federal government gave a lot of leeway in how the states implemented the law in an effort to appease the 'other side' and set some level of bipartisanship. As we've seen though, rather than accepting compromise the modern GOP would rather say no to everything under the sun...even going so far as to denying support for ideas that they thought of but were implemented by democrats. The 'mandate' as one example.

Like I said earlier, the HHS says the states need to implement some minimum coverage for their citizens, if New York state wants to limit doctor visits as part of that minimum coverage it's their right to do so under Obamacare.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

not so fast.

this is from the Health Care For All New York website.....

In our written comments to the State, HCFANY urged the State to select the New York State Employee Plans’ Empire Plan, which has more comprehensive benefits than the Oxford plan. Among other differences, the Empire Plan covers adult dental care, and covers some services (like physical therapy and speech therapy) according to medical necessity rather than limiting those services to a set number of visits.

Link to is in the OP. hcfany.org...

And....?

I do not think you are actually reading the stuff you are posting here very well.
How about you use your own words and tell me what it is you think you are showing me?

This is easy stuff.
What is even easier is seeing that avatar that opens so many other threads that turn out to be lies followed by a post from another poster who just got done posting lies all over another thread and ran when called on it. So two people with a dodgy past are trying to read something for me and not doing well. It is about my state and something I care about. Hmmmm....should I trust you? Maybe Alex Jones and George Noory and the Shadow people need to tell me too just to make it seem believable. Got any blurry bigfoot photos to go with this stuff?
edit on 6-10-2012 by Andcoulter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Some parents think they have to take their kids to the doctors as proof when a kid is sick and misses school for a few days. They are afraid of being called a bad parent. If a kid has a bad cold, they don't need a doctor, they need rest and some tlc. If a kid gets a mild flu they need care at home, if it doesn't get better in a few days then go to the doctor. I don't understand why people think they are required to bring their kids to the doctors for everything, is this expected by the schools.

People also think they need to go to the doctors for proof they are sick if they take time off for sick leave when they get a cold or the flue. Is this required by employers? This kind of stuff brings up insurance premiums. Premiums often paid by the employer. I can see if someone takes a lot of fake sick time, then start worrying about if their sick or just using up sick leave. Sick leave is there in case you get real sick. Most people use it up as soon as it becomes available.......

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

The problem is that the medical business "business model" is there to maximize profit. If it takes a few more visits and weeks of more care to milk the same income out of the system as doctors could do in less visits, procedures and tests.

Healthcare is already rationed by price. Insurance company death panels have existed for years .... my problem is that this business model is like a self feeding beast that expands rapidly because of the government money. This is just like housing, student loans and such which is nothing more than an artificial economic bubble.

If you want to see.. look rise in money spent on healthcare; the prices have far out paced even real adjusted inflation. One might call it "harvesting the dollars of the retired people and government"

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

So we will be forced to get insurance from corrupted insurance companies that will have the power to charge whatever they want,(Obamacare never put into words how insurance companies were to be controlled, just that they could not deny insurance to anybody with pre existing conditions) but I can no dictate when to see a doctor? that will be monitored by some outside sources?

Oh, I remember we told you soo, but hey everybody fell for Obamacare free for all.

You have not seen anything yet, is coming, is coming is coming . . . .

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Well if you learn about the Bill from talk radio instead of reading it, maybe.
Any of you actually read this legislation instead of blogs and other paranoid righties?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Anyone, anyone at all. Just show me the legislation limiting visits to my doctor.
Anyone that can show me that I will actually be limited on doctor's visits from the horse's mouth, please do. Otherwise this whispering crap is so stupid.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

ACA will fundamentally change how we go about business in America. This is only the tip of the iceberg, in my humble opinion.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

ACA will fundamentally change how we go about business in America. This is only the tip of the iceberg, in my humble opinion.

Then perhaps you or your wife can supply what I am looking for here.
You know, facts?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Anyone, anyone at all. Just show me the legislation limiting visits to my doctor.
Anyone that can show me that I will actually be limited on doctor's visits from the horse's mouth, please do. Otherwise this whispering crap is so stupid.

Here's part of it.....

From an insurance company.

The PPACA does allow some limits. There can be a limit on the cost per visit per hour and on the number of visits over a period of days. For example, a person can be limited to three annual visits, but with no cost limits per visit.

Annual limits

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
And again......

from a link in the OP article....

Removal of Annual/Lifetime Dollar Limits - New York State awaits further federal guidance on the process for substituting dollar limits on benefits with actuarially equivalent quantitative limits (e.g., annual visit limits).

New York Dept of Health

Evidence we can expect longer lines under Obamacare

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Some parents think they have to take their kids to the doctors as proof when a kid is sick and misses school for a few days. They are afraid of being called a bad parent. If a kid has a bad cold, they don't need a doctor, they need rest and some tlc. If a kid gets a mild flu they need care at home, if it doesn't get better in a few days then go to the doctor. I don't understand why people think they are required to bring their kids to the doctors for everything, is this expected by the schools.

actually unless things are different in your area a doctors note IS REQUIRED for illness making a student miss school. i know i did if over a few days.

People also think they need to go to the doctors for proof they are sick if they take time off for sick leave when they get a cold or the flue. Is this required by employers? This kind of stuff brings up insurance premiums. Premiums often paid by the employer. I can see if someone takes a lot of fake sick time, then start worrying about if their sick or just using up sick leave. Sick leave is there in case you get real sick. Most people use it up as soon as it becomes available.......

again most companies i know DO require a doctors note if missing more than one day of work. i know every company i ever worked for had that as policy, even if you were out of "sick days", in other words no pay. and in both cases i had to pay out of my pocket for them, at something like $10-30 each, for a couple lines of text.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

the limited doctor visits is about assistants and nurses calling on the patients more often thazn the doctor...

the doctor will be in the office doing diagnostic work and stastical stuff instead of wasting precious hours at a patients bedside... the technicions and nurses. doctors' aides will take up the patient connection more & more

i speak from experience at the new systems being implemented at my local VA clinic...
with the new replacement doctor. he was busy doing the digital info in my health dossier & reflecting on the recent blood test numbers... the nurse took most of my allotted time slot of 45 minutes ... the doctor himself armed with the health file data then did the 15 minute physical, as this was his and my first visit/ introduction to one another as patient & Primary health Care Provider (Doctor)...

the protocols are changed...i no longer hand carry X-rays from one doctor to another... because a CAT scan at one hospital is now available to the health care provider in front of you during that office visit

its not a bad thing... its an efficient thing

top topics

<<   2 >>

join