It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney was sweating, not cheating.......

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Honestly, I'm not for either candidate. I think our country has been forced into a corrupt, money hungry, power hungry two party system. But, that's a completely different subject. I just wanted to clear that up because I know someone will attack me saying that I'm a Romney supporter. I just wanted to get this out there. Cheating or not, I don't know but I do know that there are major news sources that are saying there is video that the white object he had was a hankerchief and not a note, and that he was seen wiping his brow with it. So, for whatever it is worth.....sometimes youtube postings are true, and sometimes they are pure speculation with a spin. Take this for whatever you will. It is from the Chicago Tribune.

Romney was sweating, not cheating

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Then what are these notes he is taking off the same podium after the debate that he handed to his Son?

Notes removed AFTER debate

Clearly not a handkerchief

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
OMG!

Does anyone knows what this means?

He's human. Well, that hanky should put those evil android rumors to bed, anyway.

There were multiple threads accusing him of cheating, I guess it is just as well that you put the headline up that has the fact that he wasn't.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Those were the notes that he wrote during the debate pertaining to what Obama said in the debate. It was allowed by rule and pen and paper were provided for both at the podium.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
If Romney was actually using "cheat" notes....

Why make it look so open and obvious ?

Only Obama would "cheat" out in the open I think.

He's been pretty successful at it so far in his illustrious career.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Sweating? That's not possible because Romney is reptilian. Okay, just kidding.

Oh, no, he may have had notes! How horrible.

I say give Obama his teleprompter and Romney his notepad and let them go at it.
In the end it's still two jackasses fooling the American people.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
They're allowed to take notes you know? To address the stuff the other guy's saying.

in minute 0:28:22 you can clearly see obama with a pen writing stuff down. So I'm sure Romney is allowed to do the same, and that was what it went for the podium after the debate.
edit on 6-10-2012 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Perhaps his son holds his dirty hankerchiefs??
I have absolutely no idea.....just putting it out there. There are always two sides to every story.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
OMG!

Does anyone knows what this means?

He's human. Well, that hanky should put those evil android rumors to bed, anyway.

There were multiple threads accusing him of cheating, I guess it is just as well that you put the headline up that has the fact that he wasn't.

Ya know, I don't really know if he was cheating or not and honestly I'm not sure I care. Isn't that what politicians do is cheat and lie.....I mean pretty much all of them. I just figured that I kept seeing alot of threads accusing him of cheating and I might as well post his campaigns response. Looks like I started a fire with this post though...Oh well.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Those were the notes that he wrote during the debate pertaining to what Obama said in the debate. It was allowed by rule and pen and paper were provided for both at the podium.

This is true. Wasn't Obama also taking notes. I watched most of the debate and it was clear that they were both doing some note taking.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
If Romney was actually using "cheat" notes....

Why make it look so open and obvious ?

Only Obama would "cheat" out in the open I think.

He's been pretty successful at it so far in his illustrious career.

Good point! And isn't a politicians cheating usually followed by some sort of lame scripted fill in the blanks apology??
I think Romney owes an apology to the elite of the world. It should be something like....I apologize that I allowed them to see me sweat. I'm just psyched that rich politicians sweat like the rest of us!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

I say give Obama his teleprompter and Romney his notepad and let them go at it.
In the end it's still two jackasses fooling the American people.

Thats great! Thanks for the laugh! Either candidate will suffer severe amnesia after being elected, that is for sure. I think it's like the water in the white house or something. They get elected and then after they move in they can't remember a darn thing they said before they were elected.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Really really good point. I mean in my line of thinking, the whole thing was videotaped and then videotaped some more. If there would have been cheating I think it would have been pretty clear. It's hard for me to imagine how it would have been allowed considering the other candidate was the POTUS and clearly more powerful at this point than Romney.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

If those are the notes he removed which he took during the debate, perhaps you can show us where this amazing hankie is? Notice, he puts down what could be a hanky or could be notes, but no hanky is ever picked up off the podium. Just notes. So where is this hanky or is he really just Mitt the Magician?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I am not sure, but he did use the hanky to wipe his face during the debate. In the scenes where he is seen to be doing that, we don't see where the hanky goes afterward. He may have put the hanky back in the jacket pocket that he originally pulled it from.
I honestly do not know the answer for certain.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I saw the interview. Romney, was looking down alot when Obama was talking. While this isn't prove of anything.

He did in fact go back to podium at the end of the debate. And i saw him pick up sheets of paper. He then handed this sheets of paper to one of his sons, his son put those sheets in his left jacket pocket.

Did the sheets of paper list talking points and stuff for Romney to remember during the debate? intriguing.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I am not sure, but he did use the hanky to wipe his face during the debate. In the scenes where he is seen to be doing that, we don't see where the hanky goes afterward. He may have put the hanky back in the jacket pocket that he originally pulled it from.
I honestly do not know the answer for certain.

And here you say he originally pulled it from his jacket pocket during the debate. If this is indeed true, then what did he pull from his pants pocket at the start and set onto the podium?

See the problem here?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

I went back and watched the video again.

The hanky came out of his pants pockets, not his jacket pocket. Sorry about that, I was wrong about where he pulled the hanky from. Either way, I am guessing he still could put the hanky back into a pocket during the debate. Or, he may have left the hanky there on the podium when he left. Did anyone check to see if it was still there?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I posted a link to after the debate and the only thing I saw was some papers which he folds and gives to his son.

At this point who really knows? It very well could be a hanky that we see at the start, it really is hard to tell. After the debate was clearly papers.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Romney graduated from Harvard with a double major in Business and in Law.... simultaneously. That means at the same time for some of you. He does not have to cheat. Like him or not, that's pretty impressive.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join