It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tainted steroid reached Illinois, 22 other states

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Tainted steroid reached Illinois, 22 other states

www.chicagotribune.com

Health providers are scrambling to notify patients in nearly two dozen states that the routine steroid injections they received for back pain in recent months may have been contaminated with a deadly fungal meningitis.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bbc.co.uk
bostonglobe.com
www.telegram.com

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Tonight, my mom asked me to look into 2 stories she thought sounded suspicious. One was the American Airlines flights that had been grounded, the other was this meningitis outbreak that has now reached to 22 states.

I think this news story is important to get out there for many reasons. Firstly, for health reasons, of course. People should be aware of this. Apparently a compounding pharmacy in Framingham, Mass had sent out some pain injections that were steroids I believe all over the country and they have now ascertained that they were infected with fungal meningitis. People all over the country are getting sick, and as of the latest reports 5 people have died.

I always am curious to find as much information as I can about certain outbreaks, especially when they concern food, vaccinations, and medical supplies. The issue of oversight is important here, as it seems that the pharmacy was shipping these steroids across the country without the proper regulation. The US Food and Drug Administration is supposed to regulate compounding companies that ship their products to many providers, one source states.

Be on the lookout if you use any of these treatments. And as far as the conspiracy side goes, well, is there one here? There doesn't seem to be but of course, every story isn't always what it seems. We know about the shady activities of certain vaccination programs and the inoculation of the masses using mutated flu viruses, but what about meningitis? From what I know about meningitis, it is quite scary because there isn't much they can do to help you if you get it.

If I had to guess, someone was asleep at the wheel who held a governmental oversight position, or (puts conspiracy cap on) this is another fear campaign to keep us scared of all the dangerous diseases out there.

www.chicagotribune.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by PatriotGames2

Any word on how such a thing would happen. I know sometimes drugs are made using human plasma and other things harvested from people who are sometimes infected with things (like when bayer used hiv infected plasma in something - an insulin maybe - I forget) and that's how it happens. I wonder how this happened? Meningitis has always scared me. I recently caught hannd foot and mouth from somewhere (lkely an infected kid snotting everywhere) and kept having weird dizziness that made me fear for meningitis (though it's cleared up now). I also had a family member develop meningitis a year ago and he was paralyzed from it though eventually recovered. Since paralysis is of any type is a huge fear of mine (and probably every onne else) I'm horrified of meningitis as it is a possible result... ok I'm rambling because I had a few killians, if you find out how it hapened i'd love to know.
Thanks, gogo.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
There are just no words to describe the poisoning. Really... steroid……meningitis......????? How can anyone think this is an accident? Who is in charge here? How do you “taint” a vaccination with a known viral? I think this is a test.

ETA

So, here's a demonstration of what goes into a vaccine. I tried to post the pic but it didn't work. Maybe someone can help.:

en.wikipedia.org...:ReverseGeneticsFlu.svg&page=1
edit on 6-10-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by PatriotGames2

Thank you for the info.....this type of announcement occurs without reaching the public in the same fashion as news about Charlie Sheehan does! Sad.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Thank You so much,
I know several people who have had those shots recently (including myself) I will be passing this info to others.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I have had the epidural shots myself. However I had them long enough ago that I don't think the tainted batch was available yet. Believe me though, I WILL be contacting my orthopedist tomorrow to find out.

new topics

top topics

join