It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US releases estimate of Utica Shale reserves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Some Goos News!
Drilling companies beginning to explore the Utica Shale got a piece of good news Friday when the U.S. Geological Survey estimated the rock formation in Ohio, Pennsylvania and other states holds enormous reserves of natural gas and oil.
Releasing its first estimate of the Utica, the USGS calculated the shale formation holds about 38 trillion cubic feet of undiscovered, recoverable natural gas, 940 million barrels of oil and 9 million barrels of natural gas liquids like ethane and propane.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

I'm not sure how this is good news, this means more fracking and the jury is all over the place in regards to that.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
How is this good news?
You do realize that they are fracking for these reserves?
Fracking pumps millions of gallons of chemicals into the ground to release the oil and natural gas which causes enormous problems.
If you think contaminating our water tables and environment so we can save a few pennies at the pump is ok then
you have serious problems.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Let's just hope they don't have to do any fracking.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I used to work and run under-ground cable in ky and oh. Omg....ky was bad enuff but when we got into oh we had to literally rent machines that could handle breaking shale plates as big as houses...we only needed to go 3ft. LoL

OH is very rich in shale, sand stone....softer rocks

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626
How is this good news?
You do realize that they are fracking for these reserves?
Fracking pumps millions of gallons of chemicals into the ground to release the oil and natural gas which causes enormous problems.
If you think contaminating our water tables and environment so we can save a few pennies at the pump is ok then
you have serious problems. [/quote

Agree'd!!! It poisons the environment and kills people. People should search out people that are going threw Fracking nightmares by companies. It seems I just read a report concerning LA. Not only are they dealing w/ that dangerous sink- hole... People are getting no wherevw/ clean up..

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

You Attack me cause I said it is good news??????? Better take a Valuim!

edit on 5-10-2012 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

No i am attacking your notion that poisoning our environment for profit is good news. Grow a set!

top topics

join