It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welch: Obama Cooked Unemployment Numbers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Via Twitter:

Jack Welch Predicted Obama Cooked Unemployment Numbers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today: 8:35AM – Oct 5 12
Jack Welch@jack_welch:
Unbelievable jobs numbers...These Chicago guys will do anything..can’t debate so change numbers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last Night: 11:11PM – Oct 4 12
Jack Welch@jack_welch:
@DMacD11 at 7.9 it would be Chicago and labor Sec in action

JACK WELCH: Obama Is Manipulating The Jobs Numbers Because His Debate Performance Was Awful By Brett LoGiurato
www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I clicked on your source to get the proof and guess what? Nothing.

Just sour grapes from the Right Wing. The American public should be disgusted by them. Instead of cheering for improvement in the economy, they are wishing it was worse.

How low can they go?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by alternateuniverse

With the jump attributed to part-time employment and government jobs, the magic of the initial impression will soon wear off.

Most people aren't that stupid and wont find this impressive at all.

edit on 5-10-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Previous
July = 141,000
August = 96,000

Revised
July = 181,000
August = 142,000

How could the government be this "inefficient?"

July = +28.4%
August = +47.9%

This is baffling.

Source:
Jobless rate drops to 7.8 percent; economy adds 114,000 jobs By Vicki Needham - 10/05/12 08:30 AM ET
thehill.com...

Interesting Numbers From A Couple Days Ago:
Report: Private-sector employment up 162,000 last month By Vicki Needham - 10/03/12 08:35 AM ET
thehill.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Unemployement drops again, the stock market is regularly going up, the housing market is increasing and GDP is going up again.

I blame Obama.

Just think of how much farther along the recovery would be if we had a congress that actually wanted America to do well, not just obstruct Obama.

If Obama can create growth with this congress, he is the man.
Now Mitt had a great debate, but debates don't create growth.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Instead of cooking the numbers, he should concentrate on producing real, tangible jobs.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Truly shocking in the report was that the number of unemployed people dropped by 456,000 to 12.1 million.

Maybe more shocking, total employment, as measured by the Household Survey, rose by 873,000 in September to 142,974,000. That's the highest it's been since December 2008 before Obama was inaugurated.

So the Household Survey showed a gain of 873,000 people employed in September - resulting in the surprise drop in the unemployment rate - while the Establishment Survey only showed a rise of 114,000.

Hmmm.

Total Employment Rises 873,000 To Highest Level Since December 2008 By Noel Sheppard | October 05, 2012 | 08:45
newsbusters.org...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by alternateuniverse
How could the government be this "inefficient?"

I'm going to take that as one of those 'rhetorical questions' . . . .

If anyone in a position of power gave me jingle on the blower at this very moment and said Hey, the sun came up this morning, I'd go outside and check just to make sure.

The reality of it all in this case is that, yes, some people found jobs and, yes, some people lost jobs but the bottom line is that we're still languishing in the economic swamp we've been in for the past four years which was brought on by the actions of the decades of a policy of fiscal pilfery by the corporate elite who support BOTH sides of the government trough which is loaded with goodies off the backs of the average everyday taxpayer and debt sold to whoever is stupid enough to lose sight of the fact they ain't never gettin' their money back.

Just sayin'

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Presidential candidate Mitt Romney did not have anything good to say about Friday’s jobs report showing unemployment down to 7.8 percent.

“This is not what a real recovery looks like,” he said in a statement. “The results of President Obama’s failed policies are staggering – 23 million Americans struggling for work, nearly one in six living in poverty and 47 million people dependent on food stamps to feed themselves and their families.”

Instead of the lower unemployment rate, Romney focused on the fact that only 114,000 jobs were created in September, fewer than in previous months. And he emphasized the impact on the numbers of those who have stopped looked for work. While labor force participation went up in September, it is still below what it was four years ago.

The full statement is below.

“This is not what a real recovery looks like. We created fewer jobs in September than in August, and fewer jobs in August than in July, and we’ve lost over 600,000 manufacturing jobs since President Obama took office. If not for all the people who have simply dropped out of the labor force, the real unemployment rate would be closer to 11 percent. The results of President Obama’s failed policies are staggering – 23 million Americans struggling for work, nearly one in six living in poverty and 47 million people dependent on food stamps to feed themselves and their families. The choice in this election is clear. Under President Obama, we’ll get another four years like the last four years. If I’m elected, we will have a real recovery with pro-growth policies that will create 12 million new jobs and rising incomes for everyone.”

Mitt Romney: ‘This is not what a real recovery looks like’ Posted by Rachel Weiner on October 5, 2012 at 9:29 am
www.washingtonpost.com...

Originally posted by spinalremain
Unemployement drops again, the stock market is regularly going up, the housing market is increasing and GDP is going up again.

I blame Obama.

Just think of how much farther along the recovery would be if we had a congress that actually wanted America to do well, not just obstruct Obama.

If Obama can create growth with this congress, he is the man.
Now Mitt had a great debate, but debates don't create growth.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Presidential candidate Mitt Romney did not have anything good to say about Friday’s jobs report showing unemployment down to 7.8 percent.

Did you expect something else? Unemployment could be at 3% and Romney would slam it. It would not benefit him to say anything positive about the numbers.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
I clicked on your source to get the proof and guess what? Nothing.

Just sour grapes from the Right Wing. The American public should be disgusted by them. Instead of cheering for improvement in the economy, they are wishing it was worse.

How low can they go?

Since you're having difficulty comprehending what is happening here, please allow me to break it down for you both carefully and s...l...o...w...l...y.

Let's begin with a basic math problem, shall we? Unemployment decreased by 465,000 yet only 114,000 jobs were created. Take 465,000 minus 114,000 equals 351,000. So Obama magically made 351,000 working Americans simply disappear from the jobs roll. Where did these 351,000 people go? Did aliens abduct them and take them to Alpha Centauri? I think not!

If you look back over the past 14 months, there have been a rather consistent number of people "Disappearing" from the work force; between 250,000 to as many as 400,000 per month. Using conservative math, you are looking at a minimum of 5 million working Americans simply vanishing from the work force. This doesn't even account for the hundreds of thousands who are joining the workforce every month. They're not counted because they aren't "Active" in the workforce and by Obama's Labor Department's definition, aren't included because they haven't officially ever been a part of the work force.

So, in summary, this administration has stopped counting people looking for or desiring employment because if the pool of available workers were FACTUALLY counted, unemployment would be well over 12%! In fact, add in under-employment and the REAL number is in excess of 18%! So, this administration, with the help of the DOL, continues to shrink the number of people in the workforce to show a lower unemployment number.

See? It is simple - you just have to employ some logic and the truth is quite easy to see!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by alternateuniverse

Yeah . . . his figures may be bang on correct, but I doubt they'll convince anyone beyond the weakest of minds that the day after Obama was elected the heads of corporate US got together and said Oh crap . . . a black democrat in the white house . . . let's send the jobs to Bangla-friggin-desh to make him look bad.

The reality is, the economic dumpster in which we reside is a result of decades of carpet-bagging on both sides of the floor and through terms of presidents from both parties.

What kinda gives me a rash where rash's aren't supposed to be is the fact that if Obama and his minions spent a gazillion dollars specifically to get people back to work and developed policies that kept jobs from going overseas, Mr. Romney would be chastising him for spending too much dough and restricting the free trade that lined the Romney family's pockets to begin with.

I'm not saying that Obama and his bustling crew of Democrats are all that and a bag of chips because if it was a Republican in office during the past four years, the democratic nominee for President would be barfing forth all kinds of similar platitudes as well.

These pricks will say anything to get elected.

Bottom line.

edit on 5-10-2012 by GoalPoster because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2012 by GoalPoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Truly shocking in the report was that the number of unemployed people dropped by 456,000 to 12.1 million.

Maybe more shocking, total employment, as measured by the Household Survey, rose by 873,000 in September to 142,974,000. That's the highest it's been since December 2008 before Obama was inaugurated.

So the Household Survey showed a gain of 873,000 people employed in September - resulting in the surprise drop in the unemployment rate - while the Establishment Survey only showed a rise of 114,000.

Hmmm.

Total Employment Rises 873,000 To Highest Level Since December 2008 By Noel Sheppard | October 05, 2012 | 08:45
newsbusters.org...

Oh how fun!!! Now try adding in all of the people that Obama has taken out of the workforce - real Americans who are still wanting to work! There are well over 5 million of them. Also add in the number of college and HS graduates who are looking for work but the BLS won't count them as part of the work force since they have never officially entered the work force.

When you look at those numbers this is the LOWEST percentage of employed Americans in the HISTORY of the country! Nice job Obama! Statistics are like prisoners, you can get them to tell you anything if you torture them enough!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Unemployment going down (?) and foodstamp usage going up.

Yeah, welcome to Obama's America.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

I totally agree with you. First, it was the polls. And now the unemployment numbers.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

So Obama magically made 351,000 working Americans simply disappear from the jobs roll. Where did these 351,000 people go?

No they went into previously existing jobs, jobs that were vacated by layoffs etc.. I'm not even suggesting that the numbers are 100% accurate but there's some serious disconnect from logic going with reaction to the claim.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by kozmo

So Obama magically made 351,000 working Americans simply disappear from the jobs roll. Where did these 351,000 people go?

No they went into previously existing jobs, jobs that were vacated by layoffs etc.. I'm not even suggesting that the numbers are 100% accurate but there's some serious disconnect from logic going with reaction to the claim.

I'm sorry but you are 100% INCORRECT! If they were employed, they would be part of the measured workforce. The DOL and BLS conveniently list these folks as "No longer looking for work" and as a result, "No longer measured as part of the work force."

If you don't desire to take my word for it, simply do some research. The data is wide open and available to anyone willing to take an honest look. If you want to base your assessment off of MSM headlines, then you will likely miss out on the truth. This administration continues to remove REAL, LIVING AMERICANS from the measured workforce in order to manipulate the numbers. It is really that simple!

the fact that you hint at me being "Seriously disconnect[ed] from logic" when you haven't even bothered to look at the numbers... well... because of T&Cs, I just won't go there.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
That welch comment is awesome, and true.

Lost the debate now change the national discussion with fake numbers.4 years later Obama is right back where he started from.

So where is that prosperity at eh?

Come now Obama saved us from the "second great depression".

Oh but then when one remembers how Biden says "the middle class is buried". and then throws out some cooked numbers that somehow things are just all fine and dandy.

They need to get their stories straight cause the facts sure say were still screwed.
edit on 5-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

reply to post by spinalremain

Like pass a budget? You know that little football spiked since the dems controlled both houses? A congress that spent itself to pass the affordable healthcare act then ended up losing it's majority? There was a reason that happened like that. So interesting the unemployment #'s climbed like that just enough to show a improvement but just that. I maybe in the wrong place for a conspiracy
but it seems just a little to perfect. Just the right thing to make the potus look good. Seems not just conspiracy theorists are on this list.link When something is to good to be true it usually is.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Even Msnbc won't spin those lies!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join