It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My 180...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep
reply to post by Druscilla

I'm not sure what you're asking.

Are you asking what if I'm wrong by way of YHWH not being the real God?
Are you asking if I should be okay with sinners sinning because they do not know they're sinning?

To either of those questions I can only reply: In the event of my opinion being wrong and it somehow causes a homosexual grief then I am sorry. If I am wrong then I am wrong, and I would accept that.

You will have to clarify if either of those questions weren't what you were asking.

Okay, let's make this clearer since you feign a lack of facility for confusion regarding my previous inquiry.

Using your own doctrine as illustrated and cited below, which form of Marriage described in the Bible is the one you ascribe to?

(you may need use CTRL+mouse wheel to zoom in for a better look, but surely your lack of facility doesn't extend so far as to make such a thing impossible.

Now, which of these descriptions of Biblical Marriage do you find most appropriate?
Is it the Slavery, the Rape, the Concubines, or what?

You've 8 examples of Marriage as defined in the Holy Bible.
Since they're in the Holy Bible, certainly the very word of GOD, or YHWH as you seem intent on stating, none of these is wrong and all of these are proper forms of marriage.

Do you agree or disagree?

Are any of these forms of marriage acceptable?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I did not feign misunderstanding. I was making sure that you and I both understood what you were asking.

What your illustration shows is circumstances and practices that led to marriage and/or circumstances and practices that have been noted to have happened to those who were married - for the purpose of teaching a lesson. It does not show actual marriage.

To give you an example:
I can show you a picture of a child who is cold, a picture of a ball of yarn and a needle, a picture of a child stealing a sweater from a cloths line, and a picture of a person using a sweater as a tourniquet, but none of these pictures would accurately describe how a sweater is made.

I think what you are doing is confusing allowed and commanded; and a lesson with the action that teaches the lesson.

An example is that a teacher and a class of students watch a video of an adult reprimanding and commending students for various behavior. If you are a teacher you may focus only on the teacher so that you can learn how to reprimand and commend students. If you are a student you will focus on what behaviors are acceptable and what are not. You should be as the student.

My understanding of what marriage is has not changed from my original post. However, my take on the examples in the diagram, granted they seem strange, is that God works in ways we all cannot understand. I believe that because their culture viewed marriage as a sacred bond, it was echoed in laws in degrees that we cannot understand at first.

Consider this:
In their culture, the rape victim marrying her attacker would culturally sanctify the woman. Over time she would be able to forgive her husband and begin to live a normal life. The alternative is that she is left to find a man who would have her after what had happened (not likely in their time and it would probably lay heavily on their minds possibly corrupting them) or she would live a life of solitude (she would be shunned and lonely for the rest of her life and would most likely turn away from God because of this). So you see, what seems horrifying at first glance may actually have been for her betterment during their time(speaking of the marriage not the attack).

<< 1   >>

join