It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"...I'm not trying to give people hope." - Alex Jones

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
If someone makes the statement, "I'm not trying to give people hope." (and it's documented that Jones said that in the following video), isn't it understood that Jones is not trying to give people hope about anything? If Jones were only trying to not give people hope about a specific thing wouldn't have to modify the meaning of the word "hope" by saying "I'm not trying to give people hope about..."? What do you think?

The program presented in this youtube video is available for download here: archive.org...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by infiniteclarity

Alex Jones helped to snap me out of my slumber.
As I became more and more conscious, I became more and more spiritual.
As I became spiritual I noticed Alex was staying on one message (NWO, we = screwed)
I noticed his only purpose was to bring me down, and make me forget it's not all about this physical world, and even if it were, we need to fix it with hope and positivity. He's not doing anything, but spreading fear, as I started realizing I needed to spread love.

Alex is a Tool. Only good for one purpose, to be used and discarded, for newer and better ways...

But yea the thing he said about hope IS being taken out of context here. He should have added the word false in there, but no one is perfect.
edit on 10/5/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

"BUT we're winning the hearts and minds." "But" is a conjunction used in the following way:

"But" is used to show opposite or conflicting ideas as in the sentence: She is small but strong.

From the context it appears that he meant to say that he did not want to offer false hope, but that he wanted to point out that people are starting to hear the truth.

That's what it sounded like to me....

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

But yea the thing he said about hope IS being taken out of context here. He should have added the word false in there, but no one is perfect.

You're changing what he said and you're changing the meaning of what said based on what exactly? How can you just add words to quotes because you assume that the person misspoke?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

"BUT we're winning the hearts and minds." "But" is a conjunction used in the following way:

"But" is used to show opposite or conflicting ideas as in the sentence: She is small but strong.

From the context it appears that he meant to say that he did not want to offer false hope, but that he wanted to point out that people are starting to hear the truth.

That's what it sounded like to me....

You're skipping over the sentence that comes before "But" (The second sentence comes before the word "But", not the first.):

"So, so, I'm not trying to give people hope. (first sentence) I'm giving you a real report, all this bad stuff's happened. (second sentence)"

To me he's clearly saying that he's not trying to give people hope instead he's trying to give people a real report. The "but" acts as a conjunction between "But, we're winning the hearts and minds." (the third sentence) and "I'm giving you a real report, all this bad stuff's happened." (the second sentence).
edit on 5-10-2012 by infiniteclarity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
OK. But you are missing the entire context. You are the one warping his words to make it sound like something else. I'm done here.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
OK. But you are missing the entire context. You are the one warping his words to make it sound like something else. I'm done here.

You just skipped the second sentence in a three sentence quote and this what you say?

A direct quote with plenty of context (did you listen to the whole video?) is called "warping words"?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Say what you want about Alex but the things I have looked into he has been right. I don't care for the rants but it is stuff you will not here on Fox are any other so called news station. You might not like him but it sure beats the crap from other so called talkers of truth. always listen with open mind but look it up for yourself.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I'm done here too... cya. The first 2 sentences are ONE thought. He is telling you what he doesn't want to give hope about, BUT people are waking up, so there is hope, but don't get your hopes up cause there's bad stuff happening... Geez.

Look at your stars to posts ratio.. You must not come up with well thought out posts very often...

Read the first part of my first post. Don't warp my post to just the last bit.. You are coming in with an answer, so don't ask the question.

Originally posted by tim181
Say what you want about Alex but the things I have looked into he has been right. I don't care for the rants but it is stuff you will not here on Fox are any other so called news station. You might not like him but it sure beats the crap from other so called talkers of truth. always listen with open mind but look it up for yourself.

No ONE man has the truth. At some point one needs to outgrow the crutch of following the leader. I liked David Icke better, back when I used to listen to just a few people. Now I gain truth from ALL things, no matter what. I just don't appreciate Alex Jones' attitude.
I listened to Alex for like 5 years. Starting in 2001.. People who are new to the game may have more to gain, but I've been in it for way too long to stoop to his level of consciousness.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by tim181
Say what you want about Alex but the things I have looked into he has been right.

Apparently it doesn't even matter what he says about himself. A direct quote with plenty of context is called "warping words". I'm sure that Bill Cooper was taking things out of context and "warping words" when he exposed Jones:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Look at your stars to posts ratio.. You must not come up with well thought out posts very often...

When you can't attack the message, attack the messenger. As soon as I see that I know I'm winning. I often post very unpopular ideas, I don't care about popularity contests.

You said, "The first 2 sentences are ONE thought." Let's assume you're right and take the two sentences as one thought:

"So, so, I'm not trying to give people hope. (first sentence) I'm giving you a real report, all this bad stuff's happened. (second sentence)"

What's he's saying is that what he's NOT trying to do is give people hope (first sentence). However, what he IS doing (according to him, second sentence) is give a "real report" of "bad stuff" some of which is pointed out in the video.

Therefore, the equivalent of the "But" that you made such a big deal about is actually given in the second sentence. That means that your initial analysis was a complete failure.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Dude i went through all that too. no joke i was in a slumber i became more conscience and aware, and i became a much better person. exactly the same way you did. And youre right he does spread fear but he definately makes you more aware.

and If youre into some good ol fashion crude rude humor with a spiritual twist. i really really really recommend THE JOE ROGAN PODCAST OR EVEN DUNCAN TRUSSELL PODCAST. sorry for the capitals but i want it to pop out to other people. I promise you will not regret it.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by solizer

Dude i went through all that too. no joke i was in a slumber i became more conscience and aware, and i became a much better person. exactly the same way you did. And youre right he does spread fear but he definately makes you more aware.

and If youre into some good ol fashion crude rude humor with a spiritual twist. i really really really recommend THE JOE ROGAN PODCAST OR EVEN DUNCAN TRUSSELL PODCAST. sorry for the capitals but i want it to pop out to other people. I promise you will not regret it.

The following quote from an article called "The Truth About The Truth Movement" by Lenon Honor is one of the most important things I've read in a long time:

I have observed that those who hold on to the truth movement for extended periods of time do not progress much beyond the limiting programing of the truth movement itself. This limited programming is akin to that found within your average public high school which is why most people who initially find the truth movement to be appealing are usually operating, intellectually speaking, on a high school level. The truth movement caters mainly to this particular demographic which is why ultra-sensationalism and degraded lexicon is so prevalent in truth movement programming. Age is not a factor here in that there are people who are 40 years old and are still thinking on a high school level.

Reaching beyond the intellect of an average high school student is not nurtured via the truth movement. In fact, many of the truth movement mouthpieces speak and behave like high school students themselves; yelling, screaming, “rebelling” against the machine; this behavior is analogous to the rebellious behavior exhibited by the average high school teen; the teen may think that they are bucking The Power System/Their Parents/The New World Order, but often times the teen must engage in self-destructive behaviors i.e. sitting at their computer desks for hours on end while engaging in petty arguments with “the sleeping sheeple” on youtube and facebook.

This juvenile, divisional, and self-destructive behavior, stealthily conjured via Truth Movement Programming, is counterproductive and does not serve the viewer in terms of their own continued positive progressions in life. Instead, the truth movement conditions its followers into internal chaos and stagnates them in fear; internal chaos and fear being the formula for perpetual anxiety, depression, and ultimate inaction.

lenonhonor.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by infiniteclarity

The following quote from an article called "The Truth About The Truth Movement" by Lenon Honor is one of the most important things I've read in a long time:

I have observed that those who hold on to the truth movement for extended periods of time do not progress much beyond the limiting programing of the truth movement itself. This limited programming is akin to that found within your average public high school which is why most people who initially find the truth movement to be appealing are usually operating, intellectually speaking, on a high school level. The truth movement caters mainly to this particular demographic which is why ultra-sensationalism and degraded lexicon is so prevalent in truth movement programming. Age is not a factor here in that there are people who are 40 years old and are still thinking on a high school level.

Reaching beyond the intellect of an average high school student is not nurtured via the truth movement. In fact, many of the truth movement mouthpieces speak and behave like high school students themselves; yelling, screaming, “rebelling” against the machine; this behavior is analogous to the rebellious behavior exhibited by the average high school teen; the teen may think that they are bucking The Power System/Their Parents/The New World Order, but often times the teen must engage in self-destructive behaviors i.e. sitting at their computer desks for hours on end while engaging in petty arguments with “the sleeping sheeple” on youtube and facebook.

This juvenile, divisional, and self-destructive behavior, stealthily conjured via Truth Movement Programming, is counterproductive and does not serve the viewer in terms of their own continued positive progressions in life. Instead, the truth movement conditions its followers into internal chaos and stagnates them in fear; internal chaos and fear being the formula for perpetual anxiety, depression, and ultimate inaction.

lenonhonor.com...

That was fun to read, but I hope you don't think I'm following the "truth movement" the only truth I know is that everything is all just a rerun, from politics to television. The alex Jones guy I do not follow his show. I do know that's he's too intense and over exaggerates. and that hes making money from his viewers and rating. So obviously he's going to keep the ball rolling with the truth movements. I do like to read articles on conspiracy,well because I'm a stoner and I love to read entertaining things. One of the reasons I signed up for this site. One thing I did notice is the author didn't bring up religion. Which in my opinion is the biggest piece of bull on this planet. Religion is elementary thinking.
The blogger in a way is still part of the truth movement. Spreading truth about the truth movement, same tree different branch. So while i sit back hit this hippy crack one last time, I say just have fun, make as much money as you can, and treat yourself never cheat yourself. Oh and that high school comment he wrote thats a dull statement. He can't speak for everyone.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

This entire post is a waste of time and a complete failure. What exactly is the conspiracy here? That a well known conspiracy theorist said something out of the ordinary, and that is the big deal? Give me a break this guy has said many things that could be misconstrued. You could probably any one of his videos and twist them to fit any agenda given enough time. Get over it and move on because it's not like everyone here worships Alex Jones. Who gives a $4!T

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Alex Jones says he's giving people hope?? Really?

I thought it was more like PANIC ATTACKS that he was giving people.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

They're only catching up on where I have gone.. But I love listening to the Joe Rogan Podcast for entertainment value. Started by searching for terrence mckenna, and then saw the "fear factor guy" talking about the same things as terrence?? What?? Haha, and then I started liking Joe.. Duncan is one of my favorite people for joe to talk with.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

No buddy... We agree. Why can no one get that?

Do I have to spell it out for you ALEX is a TOOL...

If you go back up you will see I already wrote that.
But you will get stars for a silly line "attack the messenger"

Gawd you guys...

I have observed that those who hold on to the truth movement for extended periods of time do not progress much beyond the limiting programing of the truth movement itself.

I said this above as well. Time to grow up. Seriously, it's just a few posts up.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThoughtIsMadness

This entire post is a waste of time and a complete failure. What exactly is the conspiracy here? That a well known conspiracy theorist said something out of the ordinary, and that is the big deal? Give me a break this guy has said many things that could be misconstrued. You could probably any one of his videos and twist them to fit any agenda given enough time. Get over it and move on because it's not like everyone here worships Alex Jones. Who gives a $4!T

exactly.. I thought this was WAY old news by now surely... Like I said way before, No one man will give you truth. Take what you need from any man, and figure it out on your own. It's an advanced concept For some of the others I know, but come on.

I'm thinking the OP is about 17-19 years old. I was about that old for 9/11. I've gone through all of the "truth" stuff... Some of it has value. Most of it has more value than mainstream. In the end, all that matters is YOU.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join