It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge unexplained boom in small central Texas town

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
About 40 minutes ago I was lying in bed watching tv. All of the sudden I heard a huge explosion and jumped up to ask my husband if he heard it. Of course he did , and asked where my car was, I guess he thought someone had hit it.

We both went outside and didn't see anything. Right then my mom called to ask what that was and to see if we were ok. She lives fairly close. I asked on Facebook if anyone heard it, and several people had. Some even about 2 miles away across the river said it sounded like it was right outside. Some closer ( like my mom) said the same thing , it sounded like it was right outside. Some said it sounded like a transformer blowing , but it was much much louder, it shook the house. And there is no electricity out anywhere. The cops and city drove around checked the transformers and said they seem fine. They do not know what the boom was.

I thought someone's house exploded or a bomb went off. There are no reports of anything like that.
Neighbors were woken up, and gathering in the street asking each other about it. The police received 25 calls about it. Others said they felt houses shake too. So I guess it could have been a sonic boom, but those seem more rare now days. I think it was from the sky... so what else can make booms like that ? Meteors?

I guess wanted to make a record of this somehow in case it was something besides a sonic boom. What that may be .. who knows

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Was it a sharp shockwave or did it have that sort of precursor rumble to a sharp shockwave?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Is there any airfield near you that you are allowed to call and inquire on this? That would clear up the Sonic Boom question.
edit on 4-10-2012 by ApolloBloodline because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
It was just Kaboom!!... Ft. Hood is like almost 2 hrs away. Is that close enough to call?
We have a tiny unmanned airport here. Sometimes a small private jet flies in for the best BBQ around, and it is always pretty loud. Other than that is is just single engine planes, and almost always during the day.

edit on 4-10-2012 by toolstarr because: add

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

I'd still call both and inquire as to whether there were any planes capable of a sonic boom flying.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I'm in Waco tx and I was told by my girlfriend that MCC's (JuNior college) electricity went out. You near the city?

It's good and back on now. Think it happened this afternoon sometime....
edit on 4-10-2012 by BurntOrange because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I'm in the Hill Country.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Is there any military bases around you?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
You're in Luckenbach...huh!! don't bother calling about aircraft....transformers blow but not that loud....I think these enigmas are cool....oh....an acetylene bomb....the youngns' take a trash bag and blow it in a barrel....55 gallon drum with the lid off....that would carry2 miles really loud ... 3 miles medium loud...but not 6

ETA they fuse it with paper towels or toilet paper....but they end up too close when it goes....a little lip on the rim and you get the coolest effect....a rising ring of air explosion that makes a sound you can hear as it goes say 300 feet up. I was told all this....by a stranger, an upstanding member like me would never have any firsthand....oh nevermind
edit on 5-10-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahweh is our new king

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

We live just north of Austin, and about the time of your post we heard a small rumble and our 52" TV made a loud pop and went out momentarily. Didn't think much of it at the time, but could be related. Last time we had an explosion here it was a little-known weapons testing site blow out onto the road just a few miles away

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I like to use this website for instances like this to see if other people are talking about it. Here is the link: www.kurrently.com... It searches public facebook/twitter/google pages.
I found these comments on there. I'm not sure what Hill Country is, a town, an area of Texas, etc. So, I am not sure if these were close to you, or completely different booms. Interesting, nonetheless.

Adam Dunn
Did anyone else in Church Hill hear a boom and the earth shake at about 8:05 am this morning?
Around 10:30pm 10-4-12

Vance CoachdemUp Johnson
First real life zombies then earthquakes now loud boom sounds like s spaceship just crashed landed in North Dallas.....what is going on in Texas?
Around 9:30pm 10-4-12

Andrew Smith
Did we just have enough another earthquake in Dallas? Humongous boom....
Around 1:30am 10-4-12

Also found this: Fracking in Texas Causing Earthquakesl
edit on 5-10-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join