It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halliburton Flouts Iran Sanctions.Profits Before Security.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Of course Cheney still has an estimated $18 million share option in Halliburton and the company�s trade with Iran is already being investigated by the FBI for a federal grand jury inquiry ordered by the US Justice Department.

A GIANT oil company once headed by Dick Cheney, the US vice-president, used its British subsidiaries to flout American sanctions against Iran.

A Sunday Times investigation has established that the company, Halliburton, has been supplying Iran with oil drilling equipment through its companies based in Arbroath and Leatherhead.

The exports � estimated to be worth more than �30m a year � have continued despite sanctions introduced by the US government nine years ago barring Americans from trading or �facilitating� business with the Islamic state. The new findings will embarrass Cheney, President George W Bush�s running mate in next month�s elections. Cheney has described Iran as �one of the world�s most dangerous regimes�.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I just love the hypocracy.The Bush administration is willing for political purposes to use scaremongering tactics in the U.S Media in the long run up to the elections but that ain't going to stop 'em creaming in the cash when ever they can.

You try selling something to Iran and see how far you get.They'll be on you like a ton of bricks.

The average Joe can't even buy a cigar from Cuba but they're off making over $50 million a year trading with a member of "the axis of evil".

[edit on 17-10-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Cheney firm uses UK to dodge Iran ban

The Arbroath subsidiary is one of the area�s biggest employers, and Iran is a growing market for its engineering and manufacturing services.

I think we should write a letter to Halliburton and demand they shut down the Arbroath facility at once and stop this madness, stop exploiting those poor employed Scottish people, and release them immediately from the bondage called gainful employment....let all those Arbroathian engineers regain their honor by sweeping the streets and picking up aluminum cans. After all, according to the article the designs are all American designs, so the engineers in Scotland aren't doing anything but whoring their titles out and drinking coffee. Or maybe, since the Scots seem to have no big problem working with the Iranians, let the whole facility move over to Tehran and work for the Iranian government.

This is an outrage.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Ah Valhall blaming the Arbroath monkey and not the Texan organ grinder.

Infamy ! Infamy !!! The've all got it in fa me !!!!

Of course what is even funnier is that the people raking these illegal profits are exactly the same ones who have got a tax cut under George Bush.

So they can enjoy even more of their ill gotten gains.

[edit on 17-10-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
Ah Valhall blaming the Arbroath monkey and not the Texan organ grinder.

Maybe the REAL question to be asked is "why is it legal for a U.K. company to trade with Iran"? I would think the near term repercussions to the current Iran WMD issue is far more pressing to the U.K. (the EU for that matter) than the U.S. Placating the mouse that roared? Neville Chamberlain�s legacy of foreign policy? Maybe a case of getting your own house of order?

I also deeply resent the Monkey/Organ Grinder reference, the organ grinder might just be an entertainer for the monkey, it's just a manner of perspective...

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
It seems to me the entire thing reeks of hypocrisy. We have a tanker-load of UK employees who are basically admitting they're on the dole from the big bad NWO corporation and not doing a stinking bit of work for it accept tripping through life as the "fence" for supplying the evil Iranian oilman.

Typical European welfare system combined with typical anti-American snot-nosed behaviour....and then they've got the gonads to act like their sugar-daddy's the big bad boogie-man here.

shame shame shame

p.s. And then I also wonder why any non-American citizen is so upset about how our tax system is operating right now too....oh, I forgot, it might be jealousy. What, are you guy's up to 70% yet?

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Maybe the REAL question to be asked is "why is it legal for a U.K. company to trade with Iran"?

No that is not the real question.

The UK has had diplomatic relations with Iran for a few years now.

What strikes me as complete arrogance of many Americans is that they have the ignorance or audacity to believe that their own national laws are international laws.Or is it delusion ??

Along with Libya,Iran had a reproachment with the UK which led to a cooling of relations between the two countries.All was going quite well.A deal had been reached about a nuclear reactor which could not be used for military purposes.

Unfortunately,that all went pear shaped once Peewee Bush called them an axis of evil,pushed for an invasion of it's neighbour,flew in it's airspace,and funded and organised "opposition" to undermine the elected government.

Now for MM to mention Neville Chamberlain in this context is ignorant.He atleast declared war on Germany in 1939 in defence of Poland.

Where as Germany declared war on the USA in 1941.

A typical example of abbreviated history in bite sized pieces easily digested for short attention spans.

Now Valhall.

No income tax in the UK is about 25% for most people.About 33% if you include national insurance.

I don't understand the rest of your post.It doesn't appear to address the issues raised in the initial post.

The issue isn't that a UK company in Arbroath sold oil equipment to Iran because that is not against UK law.The point is that Halliburton circumvented U.S congressional law to make money out of a country that their own government believes to be a direct threat to national security.

The irony being that the Vice President will yet again take his cut.

top topics

join