It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Forgive. PROMETHEUS - GENESIS - BLACK GOO - JESUS - ALIENS - DEMONS - OUR HISTORY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I originally posted my idea on this forum. Origins and Creationism is the best thread to discuss this idea. Even though the topic comes from a movie.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I originally posted the above thread on this forum. My second thread, ppl on this forum thought I was a little crazy. They thought I believed the movie to be real life/reality.

The movie Prometheus is being debated and destroyed all over the internet. It is being destroyed on extremely shallow debate. The movie was basically ripped from the idea's and threads of this site, and even this forum.

The movie begins to explore: Jesus, God, Nephilim, The Genesis Progenitor(Black Goo), Demons, Angels, Darwinianism, AI and the role of Androids, the creation of creation, what is the true meaning of life, etc.

I figured this movie would engender the deepest "MOVIE" debate of all time. I predicted it would make "THE MATRIX" movie debate look small and retarded by comparison. But, this did not happen. Maybe it did not happen precisely because of The Matrix. People are tired of debating a movie's trajectory and ultimately being disappointed with the outcome. (I thought Matrix 3 was pretty fkn cool!)

I'm an MMA, Military, Martial Arts, Heavy Metal, Star Wars, LOTR, Christian nerd. I love Hal Lindsey and Chuck Missler. Maybe I'm too well versed in the topic for it to be a discussion??? But, I don't have a large ego on this particular subject and assume otherwise. Which brings me to a conundrum,,,, why oh why isn't this topic being discussed at great length on ATS?

Here is what I posted as my theory on the other thread. But that thread is basically dead, as the "movie" forum is seldom if ever visited by members of this site.

"The Black Goo was not created by the Giant Aliens. It was discovered.
From watching the deleted scenes,, you see that the Aliens at the beginning of the movie seem to be religious, and are performing a ritual. The ritual is probably the seeding of earth with life via the black goo.

The Aliens worship the black goo.
The Black Goo is the Genesis of all life in the universe.
The Black Goo created the Giant Alien Humans.
The Black Goo created us.
The Black Goo created the xenomorph.

Jesus was created by God and not the Black Goo. Thus, the Giant Alien Humans want to destroy humanity on earth because we crucified him.

The trilogy it seems will center on the Giant Humans as our creators. But, it will come full circle to the Black Goo as the progenitor of all life.
So. Who made the black goo? Of course, God did.
Full circle back to the girl and her cross, christmas, Jesus, and the Black Goo.

Maybe the next movie will start out 3,000 years ago when Giants walked the earth. They weren't Alien. They were earthly humans just like the Alien Humans. Hence, the black goo likes to create humans.

Through our evil, it also creates demons = Xenomorphs. "

edit on 4-10-2012 by Fing3rm4n because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
"Guys,

I'm confused. This movie engenders a new debate. This is a new idea. ATS is the fertile ground for such a debate, and for such an idea to completely explored...

But, it is other sites that debate this topic. And I can't get access to those sites because I don't have the right kind of e-mail account. I can watch the debate, and while I'd love to chime in, I can't.

Many of you have been dismissive of this thread. I remember back when the Matrix was such a hot topic. And, it has nothing on this!!!
I am confused. Prometheus is the ripest ground for movie to theology to philosophy topic of a movie that has ever been created. Why oh why don't you talk about this?

The movie has been destroyed on the internet. Many people talk about how the writer was horrible, the story is full of holes, etc. And I completely disagree. I'd like to have a debate on the subject.
I was one of those people at first. I was very angry. I was pissed at how lazy the subject matter had been presented. It was as if the director and writer were just there to cash in on the name and prequel because they could.
I have obviously changed my mind. I think that this movie could be the most deep/provacative/interesting/artsy type of sci-fi film ever created. But, it may never come to fruition if the mass movement on the internet cannot be changed. The funding would just fade to nothing. And that's sad. The idea's of the movie Prometheus are very profound. They cover the technocalypse, the matrix type of evolution of AI and android's, the possible progenitor of life in the universe(a new topic altogether), our history with aliens, the bible, giants, nephilim, spaceships, the purpose of life, GOD, JESUS, the human condition, hell, demons, angels, life after death, etc.

To see the ambition of this endevour is truly amazing. I see it. I am impressed.
But, where many see plot holes - I see hooks to sequels. I don't see any plot holes. I see things that beg our prognosis, our premonition, and our prediction!
Like with the Matrix movies, our discussion should be speculative, explorative, and fully debated.

We have all been a part of the sparks that kick off internet movements. You have all been a part of these internet movements at different times on topics you have been invested.

Reconsider your thoughts on the movie. I truly think the movie was born of ATS in mind. I wouldn't be surprised if the writer and Ridley Scott were adamant members of this site. The entire basis of the movie was right up the alley of ATS.

MY VOTE: The movie was absolute genius, and very artsy fartsy.
MY REVIEW: They should have marketed the movie as such, and not as an Alien Sci-Fi Horror flick. Which is why I think ppl are so angry with the film.

BTW: I originally posted this thread on the "Origin's and Creationism" Forum. They kicked it to the DEAD movie forum. I will go there and post another thread with a link to this thread. Ppl thought I was a crazy LOL. Took me a while to explain my reason for a thread."

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I didnt think much of the movie.
For me, it was just another "group of people go to a remote place and get killed off one at a time" movie.

Yes, there was occasional grandeous talk of the "biggest questions humans can ask" and references to how aliens made us / are us, or whatever but for me it wasnt convincing or meaningful (*) and much too vague and wanky.

(*)

"But it was the Great Question! The Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe and Everything!" howled Loonquawl.
"Yes," said Deep Thought with the air of one who suffers fools gladly, "but what actually is it?"
A slow stupefied silence crept over the men as they stared at the computer and then at each other.
"Well, you know, it's just Everything ... Everything ..." offered Phouchg weakly.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

I didnt think much of the movie.
For me, it was just another "group of people go to a remote place and get killed off one at a time" movie.

Yes, there was occasional grandeous talk of the "biggest questions humans can ask" and references to how aliens made us / are us, or whatever but for me it wasnt convincing or meaningful (*) and much too vague and wanky.

(*)

"But it was the Great Question! The Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe and Everything!" howled Loonquawl.
"Yes," said Deep Thought with the air of one who suffers fools gladly, "but what actually is it?"
A slow stupefied silence crept over the men as they stared at the computer and then at each other.
"Well, you know, it's just Everything ... Everything ..." offered Phouchg weakly.

I don't know where your quote comes from. Please enlighten me?

It wasn't the movie's script per se that engenders my thought and motivation to discuss.
It was the setting. The fact that Scott had the ballz to go in a direction that we've traversed many many times on these boards.
For us Christians who search the bible for truth, and are on the cusp of new ideas of how the bible is constantly re-interpreted to fit our new realities and understandings of the world in which we live,,, this movie is a treasure trove of new idea's.
I just found this movie to be utterly ambitious. Who would've thought Ridley Scott had the ballz to call Jesus an Alien???
Who would've thought Ridley Scott had the ballz to insinuate there was an all encompassing progenitor of creation that seeded the Galaxy?
Whou would've thought it would be possible to create such a fiction and tie in all the loose ends of our unexplained and highly discussed history on Giants, Nephilim, Bible, Jesus, Angels, Demons, Genesis, etc...

This is an idea that has NOT been discussed on ATS.
What if Angels were Humans? What if they were the purest form of humanity? But, here we are proving them right and wrong simultaneously!
I think this is an intriguing idea. Not to mention the other topic of the movie,,, the evolution of artificial intelligence.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
i flagged because i like where you are going with it, not so much with what you have said so far. the movie definately inspired me to think differently.

i too am a christian (dad and step mom are pastors, grandparents are missionaries). but i liked how the movie made me think.

keep going with this thread, id really like to see where it goes, and of course will contribute more as the thread grows.

PS. SOOOO excited for prometheus to come out next week.

PPS. WAY better than the matrix.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
very interesting read op snf

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fing3rm4n
I don't know where your quote comes from. Please enlighten me?

Its from the The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Radio comedy in 1978, books from 1979, etc...

The quote refers to a group of beings who want answers to the big question of life. One problem is that although they may talk about this question as being important, they never defined *exactly* what the question was.
I thought the movie suffered the same problem.

Originally posted by Fing3rm4n
Who would've thought Ridley Scott had the ballz to insinuate there was an all encompassing progenitor of creation that seeded the Galaxy?

Are you kidding? Its a very very old idea, done a million times before in better ways.
TV Tropes

Edit - even in the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, a comedy from decades ago, Earth itself was created by advanced aliens. (Along with any other planets that would make profits)

edit on 4-10-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I read your "tropes" story idea.
That's not really where I was going. When I say Genesis Progenitor, I mean the black goo.

It's a great idea. One I have not yet seen in any worthy sci-fi novels/movies.
The black goo, for lack of a better description, is the cause for life throughout the universe.

The Giant Aliens worship the black goo, as seen in the deleted scenes and the first scene of the theatrical release.

Why would they worship this black goo? The Ship Captain seems to suggest they created it as part of their weapons of mass destruction laboratory.

I think it's much deeper than that. They worship the goo because it is what creates life throughout the universe. They discovered it created them, and they discovered it comes from god.

They, like us, looked for the spark of life. How did life in general get it's start?
BLACK GOO.

So, I think the premise of the movie PROMETHEUS is the black goo.
The genius of the movie and it's title is that it's right under our nose the whole time, but is so obvious that we walk right past it without noticing.

The Black Goo is the purpose of the entire trilogy IMHO.

But, the interesting part, the artsy fartsy part, is not what the black goo does with us. Nope. The conclusion to that is demonic worship. The conclusion is death, sin, idolotry, XENOMORPH.
That is the dark side.

The bright/light side is, I believe, the creation of a new life form.
Remember, Ridley Scott loves the idea of AI life/love/reality/conciousness/etc.
So, I think the trilogy will travel the path of David and his new species. The creation of creation.
Our merger with our creation is what will bring us closer to god and see our misgivings and make us realize that we are essentially hypicrites.
God created us. Loved us unconditionally.
We created AI. Hated it. Judged it. Was eventually surpassed and usurped by it, and in defeat merged with it.

Only then did we come to terms with the entire process. A full circle back to God.
edit on 4-10-2012 by Fing3rm4n because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This topic was posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

new topics

top topics

join