It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Compares Student’s Romney Shirt to KKK Robe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

A Philadelphia high school teacher is under investigation after she reportedly ordered a student to take off a t-shirt supporting Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign and compared the shirt to a Ku Klux Klan sheet.

link

This is absolutely ridiculous. Liberals are incapable of being respectful or even sane at this point. This lunacy has to end- not everyone who disagrees with you on everything is a racist, or a sexist, or a bad person.

The teacher reportedly told the 16-year-old student that the high school was a “Democratic school” and then threatened to use a marker to cross out Romney’s name.

edit on 4-10-2012 by cetaphobic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cetaphobic

So just being an opponent of Obama is considered "racist"?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Not that it matters in the least, but for fun let's speculate on this teachers probable demographic details...I'm getting the impression from the story that she may in fact be african american. That's the only way the story "makes sense".

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I didn't know public schools were party-affiliated.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yes, of course it is...where have you been the last four years, beez?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by cetaphobic

Wow.
If the T-shirt in the pic at the link is the one that she was wearing at school.... It's PINK.
That teacher should go back to college. Maybe they could teach her about, hmmmmm let's see, the first Amendment to the Constitution. Maybe she could research the KKK and find out that they wear white robes, not pink?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Since a Democrat founded the KKK i think the teacher needs to be educated. An education and being educated are two different things. If you want a real education you have to educate yourself. Education actually begins after you graduate in America.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
Not that it matters in the least, but for fun let's speculate on this teachers probable demographic details...I'm getting the impression from the story that she may in fact be african american. That's the only way the story "makes sense".

Yes, most people likely assumed that the teacher was black. That suspicion was most likely confirmed when they read the quote from the teacher referring to the school as a "Democratic" school, which would be interpreted by many as simply meaning a predominately black school.

However, speaking those assumptions is not allowed unless you want to be labeled as a foaming-mouthed racist.
I also don't think we're supposed to refer to black people as black anymore.
However, it seems to be perfectly acceptable to refer to white people as white. Go figure.

edit on 4-10-2012 by stupid girl because: plural verb

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Well why do don't the parents run her dumb arse out of town then? If a teacher ever tries to treat my children this way I may just wind up seeing the inside of a jail cell IRL. How do these people manage to rationalize this kind of behavvior to themselves? Or is this just more democrat demonising everyone who isn't full on in thrwaled with absolute worship of obama?

Hell I don't even like romney, matter of fact I hope he loses, but I don't want 4 more years of this loser we got now either.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Then trim my 'stache and call me Adolf!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Whenever I read threads like this, it makes me seriously ashamed to be a teacher.

I need a new career. Seriously. Anyone have some suggestions?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

There is nothing wrong with being a teacher. Actually, thank you for committing your life to it. There is only a problem when teachers have an agenda. Teach the truth and show your students you care about them and your a superstar to me.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Good teachers have a hard job, but this stuff is exactly why I am going to homeschool my kids.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Whenever I read threads like this, it makes me seriously ashamed to be a teacher.

I need a new career. Seriously. Anyone have some suggestions?

If you enjoy teaching, you should keep doing it.
No need to be ashamed, you didn't do it!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
So now democrats are publicly ridiculing free speech?

Wonderful.

At this rate, by this time next year they'll all be hell bent tyrants.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

Originally posted by Urantia1111

Yes, most people likely assumed that the teacher was black. That suspicion was most likely confirmed when they read the quote from the teacher referring to the school as a "Democratic" school, which would be interpreted by many as simply meaning a predominately black school.

However, speaking those assumptions is not allowed unless you want to be labeled as a foaming-mouthed racist.
I also don't think we're supposed to refer to black people as black anymore.
However, it seems to be perfectly acceptable to refer to white people as white. Go figure.

edit on 4-10-2012 by stupid girl because: plural verb

You seem awfully sharp for a stupid girl

Yeah I know we're supposed to pretend there's no correlation of this type of behavior with any particular group. Most of the time I'm wiling to do the pretending but not always. Another clue was that the student appears to be "white". Id be pretty surprised to find out that this incident wasn't racially motivated. There, that sounds better.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
So now democrats are publicly ridiculing free speech?

Wonderful.

At this rate, by this time next year they'll all be hell bent tyrants.

Yes, all democrats are now publicly ridiculing free speech. This one incident is representative of all democrats and all liberals [/sarcasm].

And btw, not that it means anything, I would classify myself as liberal and I find this deplorable.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

Yeah I know we're supposed to pretend there's no correlation of this type of behavior with any particular group. Most of the time I'm wiling to do the pretending but not always. Another clue was that the student appears to be "white". Id be pretty surprised to find out that this incident wasn't racially motivated. There, that sounds better.

Why are you turning this into a race thing? There is ZERO evidence the teacher is black. There is evidence the student is not black. We can make assumptions all we want but I think you need to be more responsible in your assumptions and show facts and not try to stir things up unnecessary.

I, for one, know that the Port Richmond area is a heavily Polish and Irish populated area. This doesn't mean the teacher is not black but it does not provide any evidence whatsoever the teacher's predisposition to the child's political preference lends credence to her race. That thinking is baseless and should not be tolerated. You are free to think whatever you feel like but just know your assumption is way off base.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Oh I don't have any hard facts at all. Just pure speculation. I'm not all that educated in the ways of the world to be making any accurate predictions on this. Certainly don't mean to intentionally offend. Hope we can be best friends

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by redtic

No but while the democratic party largley compares republicans to Hilter and the KKK, they are the ones acting like Hitler and the KKK. It speaks loudly doesn't it? Actions really do speak louder than words.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join