It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Phony Than WWE: Why Romney Won Round One

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

especially the younger generations

You better not be calling me old with that statement.

Its called youth deficiency syndrome.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by newcovenant

Not unless they somehow implant a teleprompter in his eyeballs.......

Des

Obama is not you, so don't try to impress your own shortcomings on him. He is an excellent speaker, normally very comfortable on a stage in front of an audience. He is widely acknowledged as one of the best speakers there ever was. Admittedly he was off his game last night but even so there were no missteps. At least though, he doesn't make up his own words and sound like an idiot who never made it through grade school, like our last president did. I am sure you guys miss that little bit of comedy. I know I do.

Yeah...he's cryin' right along with you.....

Honestly...blame Bush is pretty stale after 4 years....

Des

I didn't blame Bush. I said he was an idiot who made up his own words. Your idol.

I am not crying. Romney didn't win the election and I highly doubt he will.
Even if he does win I am not going to be crying because I am not you.

If Romney wins he will have pulled a great trick over on your party by making them think they were getting a far right candidate when they will have elected a middle of the road moderate.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by repeatoffender

Interesting but I didn't really need to see it since I just went to youtube and read the content but thanks it was interesting.

I still really miss the light comedy and amusing water cooler conversation GWB brought to these debates.

Yeah that's right, I am blaming Bush this debate was so mediocre and not all that entertaining,

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
What we saw from Rom Rom
last night was the"Bait"
part of the Bait and Switch.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

ROUND 2: Obama will make a decent comeback, and the debate will be scored evenly ROUND 3: Obama will shine like Zeus on Olympus

Obama will most likely win round 2 very likely 3 then Go back to the Bush/Kerry Debates, Bush Gore Debates and who won?

Yep debates are meaningless and do not always reflect who is elected potus

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
What we saw from Rom Rom
last night was the"Bait"
part of the Bait and Switch.

What we saw last night was Romney resetting his Etch a Sketch once more. The Romney that was at the podium last night contradicted almost every policy statement he has made on the campaign trail leading up to the debate. We saw Obama attempt to call Romney out and Romney would simply reply "no I'm not". Where Romney "won" the debate was on style points. Where Obama failed was in not taking it to Romney by directly asking Romney to detail his plans after each and every "no I'm not" retort.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I have to laugh becaue I agree with your assessment.
Our whole political system is a rigged turd of course.

I still love debating policies and such, but the game is so overtly phony indeed. It's reality TV for the 21st century and millions eat it up. If nothing else, it is entertaining.

Too funny the way you describe the 3rd debate. "shining like Zeus"? Haha

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The Rock says: The debates were boring, at least the WWE is entertaining!

edit on 4-10-2012 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by repeatoffender

I was gonna post this video but thank god someone else here beat me to it.

Wake up people, Obama or Romney did no better or worse than the other and that's because they both performed exactly as they should have. As the OP says, we're watching a Soap Opera here. We all know this but its time to fully accept this and to stop allowing them to play these games.

You guys like Ben Swann's Reality Check?

Reality Check: Who Is Behind The Commission on Presidential Debates? Are The Debates Rigged?

edit on 4-10-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a friend of mine posted this earlier on his page so I thought I would share it.

In all of American History, there have only been 6, count 'em, **SIX** sets of televised debates between an incumbent president, and a challenger. Last night was the beginning of series #7.

Let me say this another way: In ALL OF AMERICAN HISTORY, last night/this election excluded, there have only been *SIX* times where an incumbent president was challenged by someone for his job, where the incumbent prez had a televised series of debates with his challenger(s).

[there were multiple challengers to the incumbent in the singular case of Ross Perot + Bill Clinton vs. George HW Bush in the Fall of 1992]

Now....... The **ONLY** time in American History where the incumbent *won* the first televised debate? President William Jefferson Clinton.

Surprise, surprise.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Not unless they somehow implant a teleprompter in his eyeballs.......

Please don't give them any ideas

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I'm not sure if your premise is sound or not. I have been so busy debunking "Obamaphones" and the evils of Mormonism lately that I've been too distracted....

Wait... distracted? Awww man, I fell for it again.

We all do.

~Heff

reply to post by DrumsRfun

You broke Kayfabe!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Like I said in another thread, Obama is pulling the Rope-A-Dope. Romney will have his lunch money taken by Obama in round 3.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I'm not sure if your premise is sound or not. I have been so busy debunking "Obamaphones" and the evils of Mormonism lately that I've been too distracted....

Well I think we can all agree that there is some level of illusion being played out here.

The real question is how much of this show is illusion and acting, and how much of it is real politicians really trying to help this country? Or are they just helping themselves in the end?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Watch him go!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join