More Phony Than WWE: Why Romney Won Round One

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

"Oh.... My... God!
Nancy, did you see how Romney just pummeled Obama all night last night?"

"Yes, Marge, and did you watch the champion vs. champion match between CM Punk and Sheamus on WWE last night? Brutal!"

Well, I see a whole lot of similarities between these two forms of scripted entertainment that apparently the non-thinking sector just doesn't get.

Of course Obama lost round one! It isn't an exciting match without some give and take!
(And who's really surprised that every 4 years the polls show a near dead heat?)

Here's how the rest will play out (Mark my words):

ROUND 2: Obama will make a decent comeback, and the debate will be scored evenly
ROUND 3: Obama will shine like Zeus on Olympus

How is this not completely predictable to people?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

Not unless they somehow implant a teleprompter in his eyeballs.......

Des

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Its very predictable to me.
Its called the false finish in wrestling terms.

Signature move gets put on and everyone thinks he will win now...but he kicks out and does his own signature move.
The crowd thinks that guy will win....but he kicks out.

I am calling 49 to 51 in the next election and near the finish they will make it look like anyones game (just like the polls say)...its not,its theatre and its called the false finish.(in wrestling terms)
Look at the last moments of the 08 election for proof to my theory.

For the record...i have been in a ring and its a mindgame with the audience.
edit on 4-10-2012 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Des

Obama is not you, so don't try to impress your own shortcomings on him. He is an excellent speaker, normally very comfortable on a stage in front of an audience. He is widely acknowledged as one of the best speakers there ever was. Admittedly he was off his game last night but even so there were no missteps. At least though, he doesn't make up his own words and sound like an idiot who never made it through grade school, like our last president did. I am sure you guys miss that little bit of comedy. I know I do.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Signature move gets put on and everyone thinks he will win now...but he kicks out and does his own signature move. The crowd thinks that guy will win....but he kicks out.

Yessir! That's exactly how it's done!

And the crowd eats it up every time, especially the younger generations.

link   

I was telling a buddy of mine this after the debates. The LAST debate is the one that matters.

Since the debates are scripted prior to allow the debaters time to prepare, I bet that we will see attack ads prior to the debates that address those scripted questions the week before.

Should be interesting.

link   
Whether it was scripted or not, the win was def Romney's. I actually kinda expected it. You might be right, it was planned this way. Obama appeared...to me...to be somewhat arrogant....as if he was perturbed this "man" was questioning him and calling out his policies. Romney appeared well prepared. His people had released this "bait" that he was basing his position for the debate on "zingers" and Obama's people took the bait and he was not ready for a a well prepared Romney. Pretty funny actually.

On the other hand.

If Obama would have won, then Romney would have lost more ground in the polls, the "investors" in his campaign would have pulled out and the show would be over...It's all a buncha hooey...

I hope my guy at least can be on stage for one of the remaining two debates. I'm not going to hold my breath though.

The way it went down needed to happen the way it did. Romney put the pressure on and caught Obama completely off guard. Had my guy been on stage, it might not have went the way it did.

Don't get me wrong...I think they are both big turds...(I'm not voting for either of these stinkers). But as far as last night's debate, the win goes to Romney.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

Its very predictable to me.
Its called the false finish in wrestling terms.

Signature move gets put on and everyone thinks he will win now...but he kicks out and does his own signature move.
The crowd thinks that guy will win....but he kicks out.

I am calling 49 to 51 in the next election and near the finish they will make it look like anyones game (just like the polls say)...its not,its theatre and its called the false finish.(in wrestling terms)
Look at the last moments of the 08 election for proof to my theory.

For the record...i have been in a ring and its a mindgame with the audience.
edit on 4-10-2012 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

I don't think either one of them had a "false finish" planned and acted out like a wrestling match although there is a thread on it so probably where you got the idea. It doesn't hold water and you might be talking about either one of them here, hard to tell, it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. I will attribute it to a fighting injury.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
It is very predictable indeed

he wanted to look like defeated .. creating an illusion

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

At least though, he doesn't make up his own words and sound like an idiot who never made it through grade school, like our last president did. I am sure you guys miss that little bit of comedy. I know I do.

I take it you missed his "Aircrafts" remark? That was much like his "Corpseman" gaffe.

I thought it was funny myself as we all make grammatical mistakes from time to time.

Ya gotta admit, Joe is still the King of Gaffes, the VP debate will be amusing to say the least.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Des

Obama is not you, so don't try to impress your own shortcomings on him. He is an excellent speaker, normally very comfortable on a stage in front of an audience. He is widely acknowledged as one of the best speakers there ever was. Admittedly he was off his game last night but even so there were no missteps. At least though, he doesn't make up his own words and sound like an idiot who never made it through grade school, like our last president did. I am sure you guys miss that little bit of comedy. I know I do.

LOL, I think you need to see this.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Des

Yeah...he's cryin' right along with you.....

Honestly...blame Bush is pretty stale after 4 years....

Des

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I have to admit, the whole thing did feel completely scripted to me.. the only thing that seemed genuine is that Obama seemed visibly angry at times.

What annoys me most though is Romney's smile.. he smiles when he's being ripped.. and it's a smile that you know through his teeth he's thinking "I want to kill you"

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
But wrestling is real?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Des

Nah... the bush effect hasn't worn off yet.. his actions are going to ripple for years to come yet..

The foolishness is thinking that any politician on the planet could undo the bush effect in their term.. whether it be four or eight years.

I find it amusing attacking Obama for not fixing the economy in four years.. nobody could.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I can see how the debates are fake but how dare you say that WWE is fake!

And CM Punk makes a crap heel. (had to get that in there)

Originally posted by borntowatch
But wrestling is real?

Of course it is! Shun the unbelievers
edit on 4-10-2012 by Miri08 because: ...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Ya gotta admit, Joe is still the King of Gaffes, the VP debate will be amusing to say the least.

Personally, this is the one I am waiting on, as well. October 11th, I believe. It will be very fun to watch.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Des

I find it amusing attacking Obama for not fixing the economy in four years.. nobody could.

Thats why they gave Bush 8 years......

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Here are some other possible excuses for Obama's defeat:

1) He had some bad Thai food before the debate. Never go over 3 stars.
2) The lights were too bright,so he couldn't look anyone in the eye.
3) The air is too thin in the Mile-high city... lack of oxygen to brain

or, more likely...

Romney has much better debate skills and was better prepared.

Obama is better prepared-speech guy.

It was embarrassing for Obama, but I assume he will be better prepared for the next one.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Your right. It's all a show. This is how I see it all:

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join