It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney strong out of the gate in debate: Obama Stumbling

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
What's up with Obama tonight?

He's struggling to remember his facts and points, and seems nervous and reserved. He's tripping over his words and isn't speaking with a whole lot of conviction.

Romney, while a bit of a bully at times by interrupting, is on his game. He seems to know his talking points inside and out---and is expressing himself very well. His energy is high.

Just a few thoughts twenty minutes in...

What say you?
edit on 3-10-2012 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

That's the impression I'm getting.. But I think they're both clowns.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Yah really who cares.

Neither one of these establishment goons is going to change anything.

The debt will grow, our dollar will get weaker, the wars will expand, our civil liberties will continue to die.

edit on 3-10-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I read an article the other day (sorry, forgot where) that mentioned the rate the candidate blinks indicates their potential to lose the election.

Obama is blinking like a crazy man.

P.s. I am voting Virgil Goode - Constitution Party. A democrat or republican vote is a clown vote.
edit on 10/3/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I think Romney is definitely coming across more clearly and more confidently.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I'm not a fan of Romney but I do have to say that Obama looks like a child at a school debate I keep waiting for him to lift his arms up and down. Its damn funny because the moderator is having to tell obama what he was talking about and even what he was meaning to say to get him back on track.

I hope all you obama people are watching... we must be racist for thinking obama cant talk off prompter... he is such a tool and the world is watching.

link   
Almost 40 minutes in, Obama is building a little steam. But it seems like Romney keeps stealing the stage back. He knows his stuff tonight.

link   
barack is a fairly effective speaker when hes talking to a prompter and not having to volley with another real person. i agree romney seems a bit more agile and polished.

i also agree that we can count on exactly zero of these promises to actually be fulfilled.

link   
i am no fan of Romney, and feel Obama is the lesser of the 2 proverbial evils... however, i must agree with the OP. though i do not agree with much of what Romney is saying, he is composed and coming off as clear and to the point.

hmmm.... this thing may be closer than we thought.

edit on 3-10-2012 by mythos because: clarifier

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
What you are hearing right now is all the things they aren't going to do once elected.
It's only a b.s. slinging contest for show. Aren't you entertained because that all we'll get from it?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite
I hope all you obama people are watching... we must be racist for thinking obama cant talk off prompter... he is such a tool and the world is watching.

settle down.... they are both tools.

so far, this thread is a nice and objective evaluation of the debates. if we start flinging mud now, this thread is going to get icky quick.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
And obamas favorite word so far is uhhhhmmm..uhh..uh...he's def stuttering more then usuall. And I agree there both clowns...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
you all do understand that the Establishment will run this race at a 49/51 saying how tight it will be blah blah blah because people are easy to control when they think that they are opposed equally.

I wish ron paul was up there debating. Romney and Obama would be schooled. Paul would point out all the flowing amount of crap that is flowing out of both of their mouths.

"Mr. President you are actively killing american citizens and destroying the constitution, you passed NDAA on dec 31 at midnight while america wasn't paying attention. How can you swear to uphold the constitution and then actively attack and destroy it. Mr. Romey you have said that you support NDAA as well. How can either of you think you are qualifed to hold office when you disregard the original document that this great country is founded on."

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Reply to post by mythos

obamas on the road to babble on, he doesnt seem to know what he's talking about, im canadian and not a fan of either so im trying to be objective but i wud say round 1 to rommy so far.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Romney is better at speaking but that still doesn mean snippity snip.

Snip snap data mine that.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Granted , Romney came out of the gate well. But he has not said one ljd e of deffinate info yet to explain his stance yet!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Do you notice that Obama will only look at the moderator when he's speaking...but Romney looks directly at Obama? Is this some type of strategy?... what does it say or mean?
edit on 3-10-2012 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mythos

Totally agree that both are tools. However its obamas supporters i was speaking too because every time you disagree with the fool or talk about what he is doing you are racist or a birther. Romney supporters at least can have a conversation about things.

Of course there are people on both sides that don't fit the norm. This is just generally how i see it.. not on line but in the real world.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mythos

You can tell Obama is trying to repeat whatever the person is telling him in his earpiece. Listen to him, It's pathetic. He doesn't even know his "position" on issues.

Romney is actually funny at times and is speaking from knowledge, not reading off a prompter.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I love how they're just ignoring the moderators at this point.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join