It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comprehensive List Of GMO Products

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Holy crap! How the hell are you people gonna avoid it?

That is a really 'impressive' list, but it's honestly not that hard to avoid these foods. I've successfully avoided at least 95% or more of these foods for the last year or two now. The only times I don't are when I knowingly 'treat' myself with a candybar or some kind of sweet, or if I am eating dinner out and am not able to get to a restaurant that I know and trust to be local/organically run.

Switch to eating whole foods. As in whole fruits, veggies, grains, etc. Buy organic. Just for a heads up, on any produce you buy, there will be a PLU number on it. If it is a 4-digit number starting with a ‘3’ or a ‘4’ than it is regular produce that is not organic. If it is a 5-digit number starting with ‘9’ than it is organically produced. And if it is a 5-digit number starting with ‘8’ than it is GMO produce.

Other than that…you’re going to have to start cooking from scratch more. Which can be so much fun! I love cooking from scratch and cook at least 5-6 of our dinners a week at home from nearly 100% organic foods, and as much locally sourced foods as possible. I do almost all of my shopping at a local health food store that is a part of the GMO-Free project which guarantee’s absolutely no GMO foods. Yes, I end up spending more money on food than most of my friends, but I am also a lot more physically and mentally healthier than most of my friends, so it’s definitely worth it. And it will save you a ton of money down the line when you’re not dealing with cancers and various diseases.
Just stay away from things that are pre-cooked, preserved or processed as much as you can. I’m not even trying to pretend that I am 100% perfect with my diet, but it a daily thought of mine and I’m constantly trying to do my best.
Good luck!

<< 1   >>

join