Comprehensive List Of GMO Products

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I didnt want to believe how many of our products are tainted with Gmo products. But here it is, showing that we are eating this junk everyday in one way or another. I have been looking for a good list, and here is is. The one that shocked me was the baby food list. Click on the link for the full list.

list

NOW we can understand why Monsanto and partners are so desperately fighting California’s Prop 37. This list is truly sickening. ~G Rumor Mill News agent writes ~ I have always wanted to know which foods I have been eating are genetically modified. This article is quite ironic because I just ate a Hostess Cupcake (which I normally never eat) as a lunch treat. It tasted awful! I remember when I was little how good foods used to taste. Reeses peanut butter cups used to be good too, now they taste like detergent. Fruits and vegatables used to be crisp and juicey, now they’re mushy and dry. Dorito’s used to be a favorite of mine, now they’re disgusting. I just found this article, and the foods listed shocked me. Cheerios are GM food! This is another list of products everybody should boycott, just like the “Outsourcing,” list I posted last week, thanks to Lou Dobb’s and his fantastic coverage. GM labeling on all food products is mandatory in Europe, but here in America consumer’s are left in the dark as to exactly what they are eating. Here is the list of Genetically Modified Foods – get ready to clean out your pantry!Prepare to blow chunks, this list is shocking. A few general observations: The availability of Non GM food vs. GM food is about 50/50. Most “brand name,” products and corporate giants genetically modify their foods. Most foods listed under the “non-genetically modified,” section are not well known and are not considered “mainstream.”

Baby Food ~ Genetically Engineered Ingredients Nabisco (Phillip Morris) -Arrowroot Teething Biscuits -Infant formula Carnation Infant Formulas(Nestle) -AlSoy -Good Start -Follow-Up -Follow-Up Soy Enfamil Infant Formulas (Mead Johnson) -Enfamil with Iron -Enfamil Low Iron -Enfamil A.R. -Enfamil Nutramigen -Enfamil Lacto Free -Enfamil 22 -Enfamil Next step (soy and milk-based varieties) -Enfamil Pro-Soybee Isomil Infant Formulas (Abbot Labs) -Isomil Soy -Isomil Soy for Diarrhea -Similac(Abbot Labs) -Similac Lactose Free -Similac with Iron -Similac Low Iron -Similac Alimentum Baking ~ Genetically Engineered Ingredients Aunt Jemima (Quaker) -Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix -Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix -Cornbread Mix -Easy Mix Coffee Cake Betty Crocker (General Mills) -Pie Crust Mix -Original Pancake Mix -Complete Pancake Mix -Buttermilk Complete Pancake Mix -Muffin Mixes -Banana Nut -Lemon Poppy Seed -Blueberry -Wild Blueberry -Chocolate Chip -Apple Streusel -Quick Bread Mixes Banana -Cinnamon Streusel -Lemon Poppy Seed -Cranberry Orange -Gingerbread -Cookie Mixes Chocolate Chip -Double Chocolate Chunk -Sugar -Peanut Butter

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Holy crap! How the hell are you people gonna avoid it?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

holy # balls they feed this to kids?
omg
i cant believe they feed this poison to babies,

cant speak atm going to cry now.........

xp

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Crazy,

Anyway here's an idea inspired by your post. Choice is vital; that's my the law to label GMO food doesn't go through. We deserve a right to know what's in something and then decide for ourselves if we want to buy/eat it. So if the likes of Monsanto get away giving us GMO food and not having to tell us then someone should make an app and build up a database of known GMO food. The consumer scans in the bar code with their phone and it comes back with info on its GMO content, like if its GM free or potentially from animals fed GMO food and so on. Like a computer virus scanner, but for our food!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Unfortunately the list is woefully NOT "comprehensive".

If the product contains wheat, canola, soy, corn (or any derivatives of them) are not specifically labelled as "organic" or "NON-GMO", you can be 99% certain the food in question was made with GMO crops.

On the bright side, even Costco (Kirkland) is starting to specify Non-GMO on their labels. We got our kids a big jar of their Organic animal crackers and the soy-lecithin was specifically labelled "Non-GMO Soy Lecithin" a small step in the right direction I think. I don't care if other people want to eat it, but at least label the garbage so you can have a choice!

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpiderMonkey

Thats what im hoping, but they are pushing to keep us from knowing whats in our food. Why do that and hide if its not dangerous. Alot of us would not buy that crap, and it should be our choice to eat it or not. It feels like were just a bunch of unsuspecting guinea pigs.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by UdonNiedtuno

Now i wish we had a Costco where im at

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpiderMonkey
Crazy,

Anyway here's an idea inspired by your post. Choice is vital; that's my the law to label GMO food doesn't go through. We deserve a right to know what's in something and then decide for ourselves if we want to buy/eat it. So if the likes of Monsanto get away giving us GMO food and not having to tell us then someone should make an app and build up a database of known GMO food. The consumer scans in the bar code with their phone and it comes back with info on its GMO content, like if its GM free or potentially from animals fed GMO food and so on. Like a computer virus scanner, but for our food!

this^^^^^^^^^^
some one please do this ^^^^^^^^^

xploder

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
People should gather outside of the stores that sell GMO products with big signs that say WE WONT BUY GMO GARBAGE. Publicity is the key.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

Originally posted by MrSpiderMonkey
Crazy,

this^^^^^^^^^^
some one please do this ^^^^^^^^^

xploder

I was gonna say the same but it would be almost impossible. They'd keep changing the bar codes.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
There is another point to consider. Since we cannot control the wind these GMO crops will likely cross pollinate with the crops of small farmers who are trying to do the right thing and not use GMO seeds.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChefG
There is another point to consider. Since we cannot control the wind these GMO crops will likely cross pollinate with the crops of small farmers who are trying to do the right thing and not use GMO seeds.

Already happening and if memory serves I believe those farmers get prosecuted for being in possetion of monsanto property due to the patent on the strain that pollinates.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Incredible.
I've been training myself to stop buying anything processed for the past several months. I can't avoid it completely but I'm making progress! It's very time consuming and not practical in the modern world, but I try to do what I can. Even on fresh fruits and veggies you have to be extremely vigilant though. It's really sad when you think about how good things used to taste! It doesn't seem like it would cost the companies more to use non-gmo products (??) I guess that's just an indicator of how insidious GMO companies are.
I was thinking about the farmers getting sued the other day-- isn't it possible for them to form a class action suit against Monsanto for infecting and poisoning their crops? Any lawyers wanna weigh in?

Thanks for posting the list! It boggles the mind!
edit on 3-10-2012 by Starcrossd because: spelling

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

thankyou for the link

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Pretty much the rule of thumb is, if it's a big brand name it likely contains GMO.

Just wanted to add a bit more info on the non meat products: Boca Burgers(a subsidiary of Kraft Foods) and products should fit the list, also because they have hid the fact of what they use. Admitting - here, but offer "blue boxes" that claim to be GMO free. Gardenburger is claimed to be the "only burger product that does not contain GMO", but their are others-see below. I suggest try and or make your own: hemp burgers.

Other "claimed" non GMO meat alternative companies;
-Tofurkey products of Turtle Island Foods
-Lightlife
-Amy's - Veggie Burger

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Basically unless we are growing our own foods...'they' are growing their own mutations!~

∞LOVE

mayallsoulsbefree*

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
You all understand that this is

A, Almost every item available on the market food wise

B, The source is something I've never heard of

C, I want a source I know isn't just trying to scare the shat outta me

D, Really, if this is real, short of a civil war, what can you do, growing food costs money and space, as well as not covering meat, dairy and other things some people need.

E, Run

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I just assume anything on the shelves these days are GMO unless I know for sure otherwise. Just to point out that the source of the article you posted is actually from 2004 (www.rumormillnews.com) so I can imagine if the list was that long before - it is much longer now.

Of course it is much easier to get a list of items that are not GMO since it is much shorter! There are various websites that will give you lists although I'm not sure how up to date they are. One such website includes a non-GMO shopping guide and even has a smartphone app (www.truefoodnow.org). I can't attest to it's accuracy but a step in the right direction I guess.

If you really want to avoid GMO 100% the only real thing you can do is find some organic heirloom seeds and grow it yourself. Of course this is impractical for almost everyone these days. I wish I could say I am self sufficient when it comes to food but I'm nowhere close although that is my eventual goal.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
This link is a 2011 guide for Aussie foods

www.truefood.org.au...

Not happy little vegemites any more (it contains GMO) like hundreds of other foods do.
I don't think we have any fruit or veg grown here that is GMO so search for Aussie grown,
better still,grow your own,heirloom as much as you can source.

There is a phone app or you can print it out

S & F

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The only thing wrong with prop 37 is from the way it is worded it could be a field day for frivolous lawsuits.
I'm still in favor of labeling, however I don't want grocers getting sued because the Non GMo signage wasplaced half an inch in the wrong direction.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join