It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Key to Higher Awareness. The Purpose of Life.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The problems of this world only exist for the individual. Once the individual is able to see and live the bigger picture, the objects of problems will remain, but they will no longer be problems.

The problems that the individual has is solely due to the inability to accept the world as it is. Some might say, "How do you accept rape?" I say, "How do you change it?"

Once you realize that the world is what it is and everything that is is supposed to be, then you have effectively ended your own personal sufferring. The end of sufferring is the beginning of a new and exciting world.

Currently, most of us believe that the world is corrupt and needs to be changed. These people want a more loving world. What they have failed to see is that they are the ones who are truly unloving. To have unconditional love and love the world, you have to have unconditional love and love the world. Wanting to change the world is an expression of your dissatisfaction with it.

It is true that bad things happen. People think that they cannot love a bad thing, but you can. There is a point to the bad that is balanced with the good. The object of your love is not the bad or the good. The object of your love should be the combination of them both. Life, as you can plainly see, is a combination of things you might call, "bad and good".

It's important to keep in mind that its not all about you, and its not even all about humans. There is a movie being played, and every life form here is a cast member. When you accept the whole of the world, as it is, you are now able to participate in the movie and watch it simultaneously. It doesn't matter what happens. Everything will be okay in the end because we are growing smarter. It is even okay that there are those who are unloving. Everything is okay. It is a priviledge to exist because you are part of something great. Just because you might not know what it is, you are nevertheless a part of it. That makes you great too. But not necessarily great according to human conceptions.

Beauty will be the first thing you notice when you accept the world as it is, in full. It will be a new kind of beauty, though. This kind of beauty is truly transcendent. It is like a bridge to higher awareness, or higher being. Everything that you see, even your dirty room, is as it should be. Everything you do, is done as it should be. The point of it all is beauty. Love isn't the point. Love is what you have to learn to do to realize the point. The point and purpose of life is beauty.

Higher awareness begins with you ability to see the world as a beautiful, harmonic, movie-like dance. The way to do this is through acceptance of all things as if these things are meant to happen.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
The problems of this world only exist for the individual. Once the individual is able to see and live the bigger picture, the objects of problems will remain, but they will no longer be problems.

Higher awareness begins with you ability to see the world as a beautiful, harmonic, movie-like dance. The way to do this is through acceptance of all things as if these things are meant to happen.
Do you know what the Osterich said when he stuck his Head in a Hole?

"I don't see any problems Here".

Power to you if you can live that way, sometimes I wish I could turn my Brain Off.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Awesome.star and flag for you.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Yeah ,well it looks good on paper.its black or white, good or bad.
People are doing good if they can follow the golden rule,or at least strive to .
Life is hard and at times it blows.
I think that most of the people don't have the inclintion to do what you propose. but I could be wrong ,Just my 2 cents. Other wise good plan .Keep up the good work. peace.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Wow, stars and flags to you, whatever that means

You said:

"Currently, most of us believe that the world is corrupt and needs to be changed. These people want a more loving world. What they have failed to see is that they are the ones who are truly unloving. To have unconditional love and love the world, you have to have unconditional love and love the world. Wanting to change the world is an expression of your dissatisfaction with it. "

I've started thinking about this very thiing, lately. It's easy to talk the talk, but not so easy to walk the walk. How to start? It would be awesome if it were an instantaneous shift in perception. Maybe it is....somehow. The long way would be to practice moment to moment self awareness, shifting our thoughts, words and deeds from judgmental to acceptance.

I think it would also require some self discipline (oh no, not that.). It's so easy to get caught up in a blaze of self-righteous indignation at the self righteous indignation of others. Sometimes it's hard to resist rolling around in anger and resentment, shooting little poison energy darts at the objects of our ire.. We would have to exercise self discipline to stop those darts in midstream and change the energy to light and love.

Cool post,thanks!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Accept things as they are? Sorry, I cannot accept the starving people of the world, children being raped etc. Where is our humanity if we accept such things?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
This is one of the most ignorant posts I have ever seen in my entire life. This sounds like something the government would repeat over and over, right after feeding us fluoride. Oh! Yeah, they pretty much already have, haven't they. The world, as it is, is just fine. Nothing to see here. Just go about your lives, there's nothing you can do. By the way, I'm going to rape you now. But don't worry, life is just a beautiful illusion. P.S. Give me your wallet as I bash your head in, rape your wife, and murder your children and paint the walls with their innards! I love you, too.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

This line of thinking is exactly what is wrong with the world. Just "accepting" the world the way it is, and not trying to effectively change conditions for the better, allows those who would do harm free reign without opposition. Lying down and taking it will never get a pass in my book.

edit on 10/2/12 by VikingWarlord because: added punctuation.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I feel more whole and have more fun/experience within life by opposing things that need to opposed.

I could never just accept the way things are because that's how it is?..

Force necessary change.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Accept things as they are? Sorry, I cannot accept the starving people of the world, children being raped etc. Where is our humanity if we accept such things?

I would say it is WITHIN our humanity to see the place darkness has in our existence.

To strive to help those in need but still love those who commit terrible acts.

To love oneself despite the flaws we all have.

That is where the divinity of man lies.

In my own humble opinion of course.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Currently, most of us believe that the world is corrupt and needs to be changed. These people want a more loving world. What they have failed to see is that they are the ones who are truly unloving. To have unconditional love and love the world, you have to have unconditional love and love the world. Wanting to change the world is an expression of your dissatisfaction with it.

it’s not that the world needs to be changed.

it’s the responsibility of each of us to change within ourselves what is corrupt until the world is as we all would like it to be.

unconditional love is tougher than meets the eye. unconditional love is to support others in their need to find unconditional love and that is a responsibility !

too often new age set phrases like ‘unconditional love’ ‘accept the world as it is’, ‘The problems that the individual has is solely due to the inability to accept the world as it is' contradict the fact that social problems are the responsibility of all of us. until the last human is not free of suffering, we can not rest our head on soft pillows of “I have reached higher awareness”

until there is the slightest corruption in any of our hearts, we share the responsibility to bring it to light until it also is dissolved, transformed.

so I would like to rephrase your statement to : truly loving is to share the suffering and be crucial in eliminating suffering by highlighting corruption and helping all of us to see and change corruption where it lives for the benefit of human kind.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by corvuscorrax

I would say it is WITHIN our humanity to see the place darkness has in our existence.

To strive to help those in need but still love those who commit terrible acts.

To love oneself despite the flaws we all have.

That is where the divinity of man lies.

In my own humble opinion of course.

Neutral Good_

A neutral good character does good for goodness' sake, not because he is directed to by law or by whim. Such a character will obey the law, or break it when he sees that it will serve a greater good. He isn't bound strongly to a social system or order. His need to help others and reduce suffering may take precedence over all else. A doctor who treats both sides in a fight and somebody who feeds the starving in a war zone are both examples of neutral good characters.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Just my 2 cent worth,

Not to disagree, or to judge, but consider this,

Problems are our wacky way of identifying a situation, labeling it as such is a miss interpretation of what is. That's the first habit to break; the second is to stop thinking, so much. Constructive thought is good but don't let go of the reigns so to speak, or you'll soon be overcome again buy your stream of random thoughts, as normal as you think they are. As we know, there are never any real problems in this very moment. Its just fear; the twins love to keep you distracted that way. I mean it's only ever a problem when you randomly mind stream or think about it. No real problem, just this situation, how you deal with that right now, good or bad, is how the next moment will ripple back at you. If you can, deal with it now, or do what you can to handle it, when you can. No need to overload your self with the chaos of the unconscious mind. You're much bigger than that.

Acceptance of what is, in this moment, right now, it is the beginning of the path that leads to the end of all misery and suffering. How do you change it? You change your behavior; you do this by becoming conscious of what is happening now in you, never future or past. As a result, your environment changes and the negatives will fade; the positives will shine through in the form of surprising sometimes subtle events.

It's a hard pill to swallow I know. Even as you face extreme situations such as rape, murder or a life time in jail, just to name a few examples. Those of you who have experienced such things, good or bad on that level must be extra vigilant in acceptance of what is, now. Your reward is the release of the related misery.

But lets keep it real, bring your focus into the now always, don't slant the situation into a jaded version of my sad story. Practice what you preach, be a skeptic, observe your own behaviors and impulsive unconscious reactions. This takes practice and a taxing vigilance to be constantly present, but don't worry, just like riding a bike, you wont even notice it after a while in fact you will relish in every situation knowing that from your suffering or mistakes and experiences, you grow and gain awareness in what is. Accepting what is and dealing with it as such, is the mechanics to this game.

That's not to say you can't say no, do what you must to handle this or that very situation. The hardest thing for me personally was to learn to adopt a mental state of 'blind faith' in that very concept I speak of. I don't want you to believe me, you won't have to, you will see it for your self.

As for changing the world, what can I say, it starts within you. When was the last time you felt the cold wet grass under your feet or laid in the sun on a Sunday afternoon with the one you love, just happy in being.

Sure I don't disagree of the needs and wants of your current way of life, but if you live as if each day is your last, present and savoring of each moment, on a higher level, why would you waste your time with the small stuff, really, its just paper after all. The children grow up so fast just like your own life; don't miss it before it's all over.

Good and bad, is a condition of this realm of form, the more aware you become of this daisy chain, a collection of unconscious impulsive reactions to every given moment, the less 'bad' and the more 'good' presents its self.

Beauty comes from the experience of what we identify as love. Like a light to a moth, we are drawn towards it, it manifests in different forms, but don't be deluded, love and lust are two very separate things.

Beauty can also be experienced as a sense of intelligence, awareness because once you figure out how to open up to the rest of whom you really are. The realization of that experience is indeed overwhelmingly beautiful.

Thank you for your time and post smithjustinb.

Muzz

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I'm happy you also discovered the Beauty idea; that all of reality/existence are all expressions of beauty.

But what happens when the New World Order comes? What happens when slavery comes? Should we sit back and see the beauty in that, or should we go against it like all of the slaves have in the past to regain their freedom?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You missed the point.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
I'm happy you also discovered the Beauty idea; that all of reality/existence are all expressions of beauty.

But what happens when the New World Order comes? What happens when slavery comes? Should we sit back and see the beauty in that, or should we go against it like all of the slaves have in the past to regain their freedom?

I know i certainly wouldn't allow for total passiveness in your suggested situation arpgme, if it came to my door I'm sure i would apply the required amount of tactical training and skills given to me by the very same people who would come no doubt.

nwo & slavery are already here as far as i can see, that same slavery will remain until we become aware of the insanity of unconsciousness, money is just one of the tools used against us to reenforce that apparent "norm".

A well entrenched egoic mindset (the twins), will defend that with absolute vigor.

we are all smart beings, but we miss the point, and continue to be drawn into the insanity. If you don't like it, change it, Now.

If you still cant wrap your head around it in a realistic reality kind of way, think of it this way.

Its like a regime change, paradigm wise, can you let go of the old system, grow, and help those you point out that need help along your journey?

you can still live a normal life via the points i made in my previous post.
you just doing it now with a conscious sanity free of that impulsive slavery of the mind.

Muzz

edit on 3/10/2012 by Ormuz because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/10/2012 by Ormuz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I appreciate your post, and think there is much to learn from it, as I agree a lot of it...to a point.

This has been a topic brought up a few times in the past week amongst my friends and myself. It is also an internal battle that I observe almost daily: How do we balance the state of pure love and happiness with the act of eliminating suffering for others?
I agree that all actions are divine in their own right.
All that has happened and that is happening is happening for a reason. Maybe the reason the violence, rape, corruption must continue UNTIL we end it is because if it weren't happening we wouldn't feel so compelled to take action and to work hard to preserve true freedom and happiness for others.
It is possible to find happiness within, acceptance and compassion for all, and still retain the desire to improve the world. Heck, I think that may be more important than strictly 'observing beauty.' This world IS infinitely beautiful, no doubt, but brother, the place we came from is infinitely MORE beautiful, and this is the incarnation we have been given to not simply observe physical beauty, but to take part in it and interact with it. We are the keepers of beauty.
By taking action and trusting our instincts, we are letting God channel and work through us. May we become the White Blood cells of the world. May we be the immunity, restoring harmony within the One Body. That is what I strive to be.
The attachment to the outcome is what we must release. Do your best. Work to attain peace, happiness and harmony within your own life before extending it. But if at the end of your time, the world still is not a utopia, be proud knowing you lessened the suffering of others, no matter how few or 'insignificant', during their life and journey on this planet.

I think you're own the right path. Your heart is in the right place. But don't deny the power of your actions. Trust that what you do in the name of Righteousness will be equally as in divine order as what those do in the name of Darkness.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Mr Uncreated said:

" By the way, I'm going to rape you now. But don't worry, life is just a beautiful illusion. "

I was the victim of a very brutal attempted murder and rape from an intruder when I was 21 years old. That incident was so traumatic that I blocked the expected emotional reactions for 18 years. It did, in fact, seem like an illusion or a dream or something that had happened to someone else.

I may be misunderstanding the OP's point, but I now feel, at 51 years old, and after lots of healing, that the rape and attack helped make me who I am today. I like who I am today I met my (now) ex-husband as a result of moving away after the rape, and had my daughter, who is the light of my life. As astonishing as it may sound, I'm grateful for both the rape and attack, and the failed relationship with my ex.

It's not about being passive, it's about acceptance for the reality of a situation, then behaving in a way that's beneficial for the highest good which includes healing the wounds that have made us angry, cynical or disconnected,

It all plays out the way its supposed to, even the traumatic stuff. Its all about lessons and paths that lead us to being the highest versions of ourselves, What changes the world is when our actions match the highest vibration. Feeling angry or saying that "I don't accept" that there are people starving around the world or being sold as sex slaves doesn't change it. Selfless service might help another person's life be better.

I have a hard time wrapping my brain around it as well, but I get glimpses of understanding and for me, it resonates with how I'd like to be, but it's challenging.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The OP makes bold claims about the purpose of life and similar subjects. What evidence is there that these assertions are correct?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

If you cannot accept that, what have you done to stop it? Do you donate money to the starving or the raped?

<<   2  3 >>

join