It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Key to Higher Awareness. The Purpose of Life.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated
This is one of the most ignorant posts I have ever seen in my entire life. This sounds like something the government would repeat over and over, right after feeding us fluoride. Oh! Yeah, they pretty much already have, haven't they. The world, as it is, is just fine. Nothing to see here. Just go about your lives, there's nothing you can do. By the way, I'm going to rape you now. But don't worry, life is just a beautiful illusion. P.S. Give me your wallet as I bash your head in, rape your wife, and murder your children and paint the walls with their innards! I love you, too.

It also would be okay if you defended yourself or exacted revenge. It would also be okay if you didn't use fluoride. It would also be okay if you didn't follow what I am proposing and remained judgemental.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by VikingWarlord
reply to post by smithjustinb

This line of thinking is exactly what is wrong with the world. Just "accepting" the world the way it is, and not trying to effectively change conditions for the better, allows those who would do harm free reign without opposition. Lying down and taking it will never get a pass in my book.

edit on 10/2/12 by VikingWarlord because: added punctuation.

Those who do harm are the ones who want the world to change. Take Hitler for example. He wasn't very accepting, was he?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
I'm happy you also discovered the Beauty idea; that all of reality/existence are all expressions of beauty.

But what happens when the New World Order comes? What happens when slavery comes? Should we sit back and see the beauty in that, or should we go against it like all of the slaves have in the past to regain their freedom?

You can't enslave me. The speed limit is 45, but I go 65. If we all became enslaved, I could live with that. If we all fought back, I could live with that too. I don't know how the masses will react. But since I'm not in a position to dictate their movements, all I can do is ride the wave. But, I do try to help when help is wanted.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
You can't enslave me. The speed limit is 45, but I go 65. If we all became enslaved, I could live with that. If we all fought back, I could live with that too. I don't know how the masses will react. But since I'm not in a position to dictate their movements, all I can do is ride the wave. But, I do try to help when help is wanted.

I am a very accepting person. I try to be as open-mined with people as possible. I can forgive horrible things done to me, but it is hard to accept just living in pain and suffering controlled by another. I don't know if I can be "OK" with that. Not being able to express myself, just doing what another says.

The universe has created this "Me" for a reason, and it is unnatural to try to suppress, so I believe in free-will. It is like trying to force water to not be wet... or trying to force a dog not to wag its tail and bark.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Accepting all that is as it is doesn't necessarily entail conforming to other's wills. It doesn't mean you don't have and can't use your free will. Really, it mostly applies to things that are out of your control. But even after you've made a decision, the results of the decision, from my perspective, were meant to be. Even though you have free will, all your actions are meant to happen.

Accept the things you can't change, but also know exactly what you can. If I spill coffee on my shirt, I'm not just going to walk around with a brown, wet shirt because I believe "it was meant to happen". Although, it was meant to happen, when I change into a cleaner shirt, that would also be "meant to happen". There's no need to prolong sufferring when it is avoidable. That's why there is sufferring to begin with. That's why I like sufferring. It keeps us on track. It is the recognition of the track that this thread is based on. No matter what happens, no matter how things look on the surface, it's all good because everything is designed to keep us on track. That's how I justify accepting things like fear, hate, and criminals.

Accepting doesn't have anything to do with changing who you are or how you behave. There is no ideal that is acceptance. So it's not like you're saying, "Oh now I am accepting, so I have to stop doing this." Be you. Acceptance is just the knowledge that while you were pursuing being the natural you, you did all you could and that everything you did was okay. By acceptance, you eliminate regret in a natural way. Mistakes aren't mistakes. They are teachers that help show you a more appropriate course of action in order to develop your being to one that is in harmony with life and its purpose.

By accepting all of what life is and what it does, you are ready to move on to a new stage of experiencing it. All I can tell you about it is that it is a higher way of understanding. The details are beyond my comprehension, but I know there is great beauty that accompanies this awareness, and I know the way to achieve this higher awareness is in part through acceptance of all.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Whatever happened yesterday is what happened.
Whatever happens now is what is happening.
Whatever happens tomorrow is what will have happened.

This idea of seeing all things as "beautiful" or "perfect" is looking from an Result perspective.

It is very interesting.

Another way of saying this - looking from a Cause perspective would be...

Do what you do and then let life do...

All of these are true, just different perspectives.
"Follow your happiness and stay optimistic even when it doesn't go as you wish"

and

"Everything is perfect"

really is the same thought looked at from two different perspectives (Cause or Effect focus).

I would not have noticed this if you didn't respond in the way that you did.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Cool story bro...

...but I feel I summed it all up long ago in one sentence...see signature

...speaking for myself of course.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I accept you have just hit the nail on the head

Just watching this thread and paying close attention (awareness) to the internal reactions inside you about some of the post here, doesn't matter if you agree or not, Is how change starts.

See if you can catch your self with other moments, experiences throughout even just one day. it's enough to point you in the right direction. realizing this is something you can get better at with practice, much like exercise, your mental endurance at maintaining that awareness, if you like, grows. It becomes second nature after a while.

What smithjustinb is putting down, is that "accepting what is" is the first fundamental mechanic that you will realize in order to rid our selves of this misery, in whatever form that may arise.

I also accept that in our discussion, someone out there will read this thread at some point, The realization that arises will help them gain a clarity of such things. I identify this as, a positive ripple.

Muzz

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
It's almost like the world works on reactions, Almost like I am the only sentient being and everyone reacts off of me how I react off of them and they in return make a change according to action, This post is very informative, very interesting.....

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Brilliant thread.
Accept this because this is all there is.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I'm having a bit of a hard time at the moment in trying to see how the ego is a bad guy...I get that its self destructive to be at its mercy but surely death of the ego means you lose your spark and instead of living life as an individual you get encouraged to just fit in and that fitting in and not being strong in your beliefs is the way to go, like there is a nothing is definite mentality growing larger every day, which is correct nothing is definite as we know it but because of that does it not create mindlessness and carelessness? Laughter is all well and good and I love to laugh but when everything becomes a joke where is the meaning? Where is the intensity? Where is life? To me it is almost if not equally as pathetic as the "TERRORISTS MUSLIMS BURN THEM" brigade of ignoramuses, all of it is utter apathy.

Sure there has to be a level of acceptance and tolerance of others but that doesn't mean you have to be them despite the spiritual connection with all, this physical experience is still one you chose to participate in so what is wrong with dreaming big and wanting as much as the world has to offer provided you put the effort in to get it? why wouldn't anyone want everything? maybe people are scared of their own power? what is wrong with wanting to elevate yourself as high as you possibly can and try to experience ALL of the sensations there are to feel on earth knowing that love can be "negative" which isn't to say harmful but rather why cant a person be the negative in someones life to help that person break free from the illusion of duality? all there ever is are moments that don't hold any significance to the next unless we choose them too which on a mass scale we do because emotions are apparently something permanent and life is linear.

If we are everything then why cant we be how the moment tells us we should be. the light is in the dark why are we urged to ignore the dark, the sun is beautiful, illuminated darkness is beautiful. why is this world so docile. why is everything accepted as being just the way it is? maybe I have secluded myself for too long or have a complete lack of understanding but it seems clear to me that the only thing wrong with the world is that people have stopped dreaming. nothings definite except "cant do that im not good enough so I'll settle into mundane society and just be a cog". monkeys dance....gods create. Maybe my ego wants to be god but if we already are god observing itself then why is that so bad? does anyone else feel the ego is unfairly villified?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OdeToFreud

What is 'ego'?

And you are not becoming what you are becoming - you are!
To be or not to be? That is the question.
edit on 4-10-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Now I see, Thank You.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Brilliant thread.
Accept this because this is all there is.

What is this 'this' you think we need to accept? If you mean the 'present,' don't we do that already? Mustn't we always do that?

If redundancy is brilliant, I'm afraid I'm missing something.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by OdeToFreud
I'm having a bit of a hard time at the moment in trying to see how the ego is a bad guy...I get that its self destructive to be at its mercy but surely death of the ego means you lose your spark and instead of living life as an individual you get encouraged to just fit in and that fitting in and not being strong in your beliefs is the way to go, like there is a nothing is definite mentality growing larger every day, which is correct nothing is definite as we know it but because of that does it not create mindlessness and carelessness? Laughter is all well and good and I love to laugh but when everything becomes a joke where is the meaning? Where is the intensity? Where is life? To me it is almost if not equally as pathetic as the "TERRORISTS MUSLIMS BURN THEM" brigade of ignoramuses, all of it is utter apathy.

It's impossible, if not dangerous, to take a part of oneself and make it evil. I agree with what you say in regards to the ego. For the discerning philosopher, the ego becomes a tool, not an enemy.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

wow, your totally right. the next time i hear someone moaning about rape murder and molestation ill just tell em to get over it.............. idiot

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by OdeToFreud

Ego could be identified as a troll

I don't know about the death of the twins, or ego in total, just doesn't seem doable from my experiences; Turn it down maybe, or regain control again is highly probable for some and seems achievable with avid awareness, its only then could it be useful.

Your moments will always seem hollow if you live through the eyes of the twins in total. Sure, you can try it, but you'll find the same result in the end, and that too is ok.

Experience is a good teacher.

Muzz

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This is essentially Buddhism no?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I've heard people talk about going through ego death's and they always say its like breaking down a barrier that seemed impossible, they say it is like finally being at peace with everything in the universe and comes with deep understand an egoic death doesnt ever seem to last a long time, but that doesnt mean eventually you wont find it. The experience is worth the small amount of time it really happens, but the emotions and the things you feel or experience during that time are so vivid in such a small amount of time it almost makes up for it. I've never experienced it myself, but thats what I've heard and it sounds amazing to be released from some bond that would want you to just be argumentative and to be a duality, live out of duality.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaveNorris

wow, your totally right. the next time i hear someone moaning about rape murder and molestation ill just tell em to get over it.............. idiot

Then you would be unaccepting. That seems to be what you want, so yeah, do that.

But seriously, when one is in pain and you say, "Get over it", it is because you are frustrated with their pain and apathetic. The situation happened, and all that is left is the pain and the memory. The pain and the memory are both good and acceptable. They help bring everyone back into balance. My advice is, "don't be a rapist". Don't upset the balance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join