It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I altered my Passport (or viewer's perception of it) with my mind.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Before I go on I want to state something. I do not appreciate when people attempt to debunk my story as a lie, or say things like I don't believe it. If you don't believe it say why. If you want to debunk my story that's fine. However, saying something like "wait, so you experienced a reality shift and now you altered your passport...? BS!" you should say something like "I don't believe you. I think that you misread your passport the first time and thus every time you read it you saw the confused text, and now you are seeing it clearly."

Okay here is the story.
I own a British passport, as I have dual citizenship (UK + USA). I am not speaking about the actual ink changing. I am going off the debunking theory that perhaps I misread my passport and after that starting misreading it each and every time. However, this is the thing. So did everyone else.

A British passport displays a birth date in the following format as this:
## *** / AVR ##
An example: 15 APR / AVR 88
This would mean that you were born on April 15, 1988.
My passport shows: 21 APR / AVR 93.
But here's where it gets funky. When I looked at it, or anyone else did it did not show AVR *93*. I have starred 93, as it was a constantly changing number. While 21 APR always stayed the same - AVR 93 did not. I studied my British passport constantly and could never figure out what AVR ## meant. I, and everyone who looked at it, could never actually figure out how it related to me.
We knew my birthday was April 21, 1993. However, NO numbers on my passport ever matched up to 1993. What I'm saying is that my, and all viewers, of my passport read the passport with AVR ## not being AVR 93. It was always some other number.
For that reason there was always the thought "well how the hell can someone know if I'm over 18 or not when I purchase cigarettes?".

However, here's the "alteration of my mind" part. I bought cigarettes today from a guy who most likely does not even care about my age, but simply "looks" at an ID so he doesn't get fired if his boss is watching. He, like every other cashier, was confused by my passport and asked about my birthdate. I told him, like I tell all other cashiers, what my birthday was and he gave me the very common "err..Okay", thus confused about the passport overall.

When I got into the car I said to my friend Stephen that I hate using my UK passport because everyone is always confused about it. I told him what i told you now, about the birth date not making any sense as it doesn't show up, etc etc.

I opened my passport for one, to show the confusing expiration dates. UK passports have an odd way of declaring what year a passport expires.
It says ## MON / MONT ## for when it was issued, and ## MON / MONT ## for expiry.
Ex: 13 SEP / SEPT 11
However, nothing changed there.

When I looked at my birthdate though it was not the normal confusing format that never included 93, (short for 1993) which is my birth year. However...It did.
It now says 21 APR / AVR 93
It does not make sense. It has never shown up before for me, cashiers, or anyone else that I have told about it. I can honestly say that our perception of the passport changed. When I had told Stephen I had asked (in my mind) that my passport not be so confusing, as i had been complaining about my cigarette purchases often turning into lengthy conversations about my actual ID or why i have an American Accent, but a UK passport. Something in my mind changed, or something about the perception of my passport altogether did as well. Instead of it containing a confusing birthdate, it shows a valid one.
It does not make much sense, but in a way it does.
It makes sense in the same way reading the following 'meme' wrong makes sense:

I gotta dig bick.
You that read wrong.
that awkward when you read that wrong too.
And said "moment" after awkward.
This is awkward.

However, it is not just like I became more aware of what was there / what I thought was there. I have changed the entire perception of my passport that everyone else experiences as well. Was my own confusion of my own passport so strong that it actually implanted a false perception of my passport into other's minds as well? Perhaps. I think so.

That's my story.

edit on 2-10-2012 by Ghostx because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2012 by Ghostx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghostx

Well dang...pull out your wallet and start changing one dollar bills to twenty dollar bills.....

Des

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by Ghostx

Well dang...pull out your wallet and start changing one dollar bills to twenty dollar bills.....

Des

These changes, disappearing items, etc are quite common in my life. However, I cannot control them at the moment. They simply happen, and I notice and usually are based on some driven motivation for something to change. However, if I really try to change something it doesn't. I can't say like oh that'd be cool if it changed and have it changed. It truly is based on true, deep, powerful subconscious desires that simply exist.

The perception of a dollar bill is possible to alter. However, it would take full control of sending out perceptions of the item, which as I just stated is something I cannot do on command.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghostx

You don't have the power to control peoples minds or change their perception of written dates specifically on your passport.
The truth is nobody gives a damn about the full date if the photo you have provided them is a likewise match many people tend to accept the fact that you have handed them real I'D as proof of your age been over 18 or 21, If a bouncer on a night club door read every date he received in a night he would go insane.

Your not a mind-bender, The truth is nobody cares.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
You must have really ***tty passports in the UK if its not immediately obvious in what year you are born.

Even more confusing, that as you claim, you had a passport all this time which was more or less useless (since you claim your birthyear always changed..and caused confusion with anyone who looked at it)

Have you never wondered to complain about this useless passport or get a new one (of course, i assume your story is true
) - or why would you go through the headaches to keep this PP when it cannot even serve a simple purpose like buying booze?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
You must have really ***tty passports in the UK if its not immediately obvious in what year you are born.

Even more confusing, that as you claim, you had a passport all this time which was more or less useless (since you claim your birthyear always changed..and caused confusion with anyone who looked at it)

Have you never wondered to complain about this useless passport or get a new one (of course, i assume your story is true
) - or why would you go through the headaches to keep this PP when it cannot even serve a simple purpose like buying booze?

My US passport is in the mail as I had to get a real one (i had a temporary one) as I lost my full one while traveling.
I'm also getting a Texas State ID sometime in the next couple weeks as I just moved here. my permit is expired. I don't have a license due to my permit being suspended / delays in getting the new license because of DMV.

Therefor I had to use my UK passport. I don't buy booze with my UK passport - I'm 19 and currently in the US - In Europe though I use it.
the thing is though is that at airports it works. However, I think when they look at it they only do so for the picture / name to match up with the ticket. Age is less important there.
When they scan it it takes in the details.
However, the perception of my passport regarding "what the hell is wrong with my age display" doesn't come into play in airports as that is not based on human mind, but a computer (which is something perception projection cannot really alter...well as far as my experiences reveal).
Because of that my passport is not useless. Can't wait for a US passport or perhaps my "perception altered" passport working just fine now!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Cool story bro'.

How do you know that you passport wasn't printed with psyche paper and it is just UNIT trying to get a message through?

Fish-fingers & Custard? Anyone?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

I am not familiar with UNIT or fish fingers, etc. Can you explain? I'm assuming this is sarcasm / a not productive post, but perhaps I am wrong.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghostx

Just regarding immigration and ignoring the retail sector. You are also aware Immigration officers already have your passport details on file from your Foreign affairs / Home office right? Since applying for a Visa (in your case, you are already a resident) all the details are linked. So Immigration just looks at the passport swipes it in, and your details magically appear in front of him/her.

We'll take the US / UK / Australian treaties for example. When I (an Australian Citizen) flys over to the UK/US/NZ/Japan our passport details are already in a central system, when i reach my destination my AU passport is scanned and my details appear, including biometric, fingerprint and personal details. The officer looks at my photo on file and looks at the photo on my passport then at me, if all three match and no criminal history is logged against my file(s) then why bother accosting me, i have my defaulted visa they have my details.

Coming back into AU as a citizen i just scan my passport, not smile at the facial recognition and just walk into the country.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghostx

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Bananas are good and bowties are cool.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

And no more Amelia Pond

Glad I'm not the only one who thought of the Doctor when I read the title.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by Ghostx

Des

I did this at least once that I am sure of...
No evidence to back it up, but for me sure did happen sure was the happiest day that I can ever recall lol.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
No clue about your story, but I'm pretty sure that the AVR part is just the french abbreviation for April. Unless everybody with a UK passport has AVR regardless of their month of birth.

I don't necessarily disbelieve in things like being able to bamboozle people into seeing things that aren't there, it's doable through sleight of hand, why not psychicism? So, extremely hypothetically, you could have some sort of spooky, uncontrolled ability to whammy people by accident into consistently misreading your passport. Or it could be coincidence and UK passports are crap. But it is an interesting coincidence, though, whatever the reason.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Bananas are good and bowties are cool.

Originally posted by AlphaHawk
reply to post by Phage

And no more Amelia Pond

Glad I'm not the only one who thought of the Doctor when I read the title.

We might have to start a weekly water-cooler thread on "What the Doctor did this week".

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghostx

I think you have psychiatric issues perhaps. Easy experiment. Take a picture of your passport, you can blur out anything important. Then alter it and put up a pic with the altered number.

If you can't do it, debunked. Welcome!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Reply to post by Ghostx

I have to call hoax on you, as far as I know, people are not allowed to hold 2 different passports from 2 different countries, even with dual citizenship. I have both Spanish and French nationalities, but the law only allows me to keep my Spanish.passport.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Jooles

Easy enough to post pics of them. He won't.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Reply to post by OccamsRazor04

If he posts a pic of two different valid passports under his name, he can get reported and fined. A big fail either way!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Jooles

No he can't as he can claim photoshop, and remove his name either way. It's an obvious hoax from the get-go.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join