It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TRUMP: "Obama wants to give $450M to the Muslim Brotherhood - the people that hate us"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I just read on a tweet from Donald Trump that apparently Obama is going to be giving another $450M to the Muslim Brotherhood. Moreover, Donald said that its "money we don't have going to people that hate us - moronic."

So I did a little search online for this and found this article:

U.S. Move to Give Egypt $450 Million in Aid Meets Resistance

www.nytimes.com...

The Obama administration notified Congress on Friday that it would provide Egypt’s new government an emergency cash infusion of $450 million, but the aid immediately encountered resistance from a prominent lawmaker wary of foreign aid and Egypt’s new course under the leadership of the Muslim Brotherhood.

The aid is part of the $1 billion in assistance that the Obama administration has pledged to Egypt to bolster its transition to democracy after the overthrow last year of the former president, Hosni Mubarak. Its fate, however, was clouded by concerns over the new government’s policies and, more recently, the protests that damaged the American Embassy in Cairo.

The $1 billion in aid, announced by Mr. Obama in May 2011, was initially intended to relieve Egypt’s debts to the United States, though negotiations stalled during the country’s turbulent transition from military rule to the election of Mr. Morsi this summer.

In recent weeks, negotiations over the assistance picked up pace, and the administration decided to provide $450 million instead, including $190 million immediately, because the country’s economic crisis has become acute, with an estimated budget shortfall of $12 billion.

The assistance outlined in letters to Congress on Friday would be contingent on Egypt’s setting in motion economic and budgetary changes that the International Monetary Fund is now negotiating as part of a $4.8 billion loan.

The administration has also thrown its support behind that loan, and officials said they hoped it would be completed before the end of the year. A $260 million infusion would come when the much larger loan is completed, according to officials familiar with the package. By law, all assistance to Egypt is contingent on the country’s meeting certain requirements, including adherence to basic democratic values and the Camp David peace treaty with Israel.

In addition to the $1 billion in assistance, the administration is working with Egypt to provide $375 million in financing and loan guarantees for American financiers who invest in Egypt and a $60 million investment fund for Egyptian businesses. All of that comes on top of $1.3 billion in military aid that the United States provides Egypt each year.

So can you digest where all of your tax dollars are going? The US is over a trillion dollars in debt, yet these politician are spending your hard earned cash irresponsibly overseas rather than focusing on recovering from recession and getting out of debt!

On the extremist side, Donald is arguing that those dollars are funding terrorism.

What do you think about this foreign aid, and do you think this will be good for the US in the long run?

edit on 2-10-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Trump is an idiot. The money is going to the government of Egypt not the Muslim Brotherhood. And the Muslim Brotherhood isn't on our terrorist list.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Trump is an idiot. The money is going to the government of Egypt not the Muslim Brotherhood. And the Muslim Brotherhood isn't on our terrorist list.

I'm not sure if you're aware, they aren't exactly Western friendly. The same Muslim brotherhood who turned a blind eye to the rape of western women and have actively spoken out against Western progression.

The movement officially opposes violent means to achieve its goals, although it at one time encompassed a paramilitary wing and its members were involved in massacres, bombings and assassinations of political opponents; notably Egyptian Prime Minister Mahmoud an-Nukrashi Pasha and the movement's own founder Hassan al-Banna

en.wikipedia.org...

www.bbc.co.uk...

Oh and they apparently crucify their opponents.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
First off, it is very easy for someone who follows the news, but has no direct, insider information into the affairs of the white house, to take up an issue and run with it - without fully understanding the issue itself.

The foreign aid the US gives to other countries isn't a simple matter, and it isn't something Obama started. While I agree that it does "seem" crazy, I think the US's whole foreign policy is "crazy". Something to note though - the republicans do the same thing. They give TONS of foreign aid to MANY countries.....quite a few countries who aren't at the top of our "allies" list.

My whole point is that Trump is making a simple judgement based on an outsiders perspective. At the superficial level, sure - giving millions to a country in the middle east sounds silly. Personally, I think the fact that the US has its head up Israel's ass, and supports Israel at every turn is silly. Lots of people disagree with me. There is a lot of complexity to the reasons why we give foreign aid, how much we give, and to who we give it to.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Do you honesntly think that amount of money given to Egypt which has turmoil all through its government is going to be funded correctly.This country is absolutely has its head in the clouds and is wreckless.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
It might be to buy back all the Weapons the US sold to Eqypt.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by rolfharriss

All the US wants is to keep Muslim nations in turmoil and fighting each other to prevent them coming to the realisation.. hold on why don't we stick together and stand up to the western bullies?

The state of Israel was created to create conflict in the Middle east, the Jewish people are stooges for another agenda, which is as follows

Stop any rival power emerging which threatens western dominance.

Americans are stooges to a globalist agenda. Patriotism is a simple form of mind control that makes the population ignorant and malleable.

Communism and Capitalism both worked together to take over and industrialize the world. Like the illusion of political choice the ideological battle of the last century has been a fraud.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

buster....time to wake up, my brother.

I can't believe you posted that, what about the leaders turn around on policy towards Israel. they're good at agitating and all the countries in that school turned in unison, c'mon..

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Trump is an idiot.

Trump got it correct. Who is the idiot?

The money is going to the government of Egypt not the Muslim Brotherhood.

The Muslim Brotherhood IS the government of Egypt.

And the Muslim Brotherhood isn't on our terrorist list.

So? You think that this isn't 'terrorism'??
Department of Homeland Security Warns Muslim Brotherhood and Iran are Forming New Terror Axis
FBI Chief Warns Muslim Brotherhood Supports Terrorism
Call to Declare Muslim Brotherhood Terrorist Organization

Internationally, of course, the Muslim Brotherhood is working zealously to replace the secular liberalism of the Arab Spring with hard-core, Shariah-compliant, theocratic dictatorships. Suppressing women, eliminating free speech, persecuting Christians, and preaching hatred of Jews, Israel, and America, the Brotherhood is gradually taking over the Middle East as first dictators and now monarchs fall from power.

Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood Leader Says Jihad on Israel is Every Muslims Duty

You continually post that the Muslim Brotherhood isn't on an official terrorist list so they are just fine somehow. An entity doesn't have to be on an official terror list to be a bad entity. They want Sharia law everywhere. That's a BAD THING.

edit on 10/8/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Mohammed Morsi has already screwed up, with his "i don't believe in free speech" riot act. Not to mention he's the former leader of the muslim brotherhood. Do you really think he changed his beliefs overnight??

Anti-israel, anti-west, yeah that's him. Hosni Mubarak never felt like he had to look down on us. I do believe washington lost a key ally when he went down. The arab spring is one big joke.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Texas GOP Congresswoman Blocks Obama’s Effort to Slip Egypt $450 Million
Sept 30, 2012
joemiller.us...

Representative Kay Granger of Texas, chairwoman of the House appropriations subcommittee said not so fast Mr. President. She said that she would use her position as overseeing foreign aid to block the distribution of the money.

“I am not convinced of the urgent need for this assistance and I cannot support it at this time,” Ms. Granger said in a statement that her office issued even before the administration announced the package

She is fast.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Neither is the KKK but if Romney sent them 500 million dollars youd have his head on a spit and his liver for lunch......

WAKE UP man.........

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Seems legit.
I dont think trump would say anything that would be false.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

this $450.Million and the absurd White House stance that the 12 minute video was the root cause of Cairo & Bhenghazi attacks...

is just more posturing by the Oval Office that HE (Øbama) has a unique and sacred Rapport with the Islamics of the world... which No other American political leader has at present---
the oaf bamboozeled the voters in 2008...and he might do it again with the brain dead zombies thi November

What a Moronic action (essentially paying ransome, to buy off Egypt's 'friemdship') --- and anyone that swallows that tripe is an unenlightened churl...
which fits in well with all the middle=class reduced to the serfdom underway as the FederalReserve and the top 12 Banksters start seizing all the land/Real Estate that has any Mortgage or attachment to it....

typos... 'scuse me i'm tipsy

edit on 11-10-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Thanks for the post and your opinion... duly noted

top topics

join