It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart Managment calls riot police to arrest protesting workers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

About 650 people protested a major Walmart distribution center Monday in Elwood, Illinois.

[/align]

At Walmart contractor Roadlink, workers have been on strike since mid-September, claiming unsafe working conditions and unfair wages.

"No one should come to work and endure extreme temperatures, inhale dust and chemical residue, and lift thousands of boxes weighing up to 250lbs with no support. Workers never know how long the work day will be- sometimes its two hours, sometimes its 16 hours. Injuries are common, as is discrimination against women and illegal retaliation against workers who speak up for better treatment."

Walmart management responded by calling riot police to zip tie workers for 'unlawful assembly'.

What's most shocking is how walmart was not afraid enough of public outrage, to pass on arresting peaceful protesters . Even fox can't call these guys low-lives like they do the occupy movement at any chance; these guys are protesting WORKERS. I am terrified that if this trend continues, it will continue to become the norm.

napervillesun.suntimes.com...

edit on 2-10-2012 by ubeenhad because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2012 by Extralien because: (no reason given)

[Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Tue Oct 2 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Well, we all have our own opinion about things but having been a driver and knowing Walmart Distribution Centers from that side of the coin for most of my career, I don't have any sympathy for these people. 16 hour days? Never know when the day will end? I don't know what part of the warehouse they worked in but the Office people definitely leave at quitting time at a Wal-Mart D.C. and I've waited many long hours because shift change has to happen like clock work there and it means 45 minutes to an hour of no activity in unloading. Quite predictably.

Any driver here ought to agree, who has been into a Walmart D.C personally, they are among the worst warehouses. Grocery Warehouses are worse, but only marginally and in their own special hell kinda way. lol

The force isn't at all surprising if they had over 600 people. This isn't a store. This is an ENORMOUS Distribution facility/warehouse in the middle of nowhere and among it's many items in quantities fit to serve the whole region of stores are firearms and/or ammunition. What's in the store comes from somewhere and one of those DC's service anything from half a state to parts of multiple states. 650 people could have broken in and looted the place...and umm.. No.. not with what a D.C. has.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Thread closed.

Existing thread can be found here...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please continue this discussion there.
Thank you

Remember the search engine.
ask.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

join