It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain to me how this logic works with Iran, but not North Korea?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I have NO idea how you figure dissension and unrest building in a MAJOR world power makes them less dangerous to provoke or piss off. Historically, the best way a government has to handle internal problems is to give it's population something EXTERNAL to focus on. War is usually the distraction of choice it seems.

So...this talk of China being in trouble (Which.. yeah... That's been a hard story to miss, but trouble is relative. ) is interesting and really worth reading about...but what does it change? The U.S. is in DIRE financial trouble....is it even slowing us down for pursuing war all over the world? Hell no.. If anything, we seem to have picked up the pace once accepting the fact we're spending debt that'll and can never be repaid.

I think China will be quite content to leave us alone....as long as we don't go molesting the client states sitting on their physical land borders and among their closest historic allies. We *MAY* get away with stomping Iran, as one of Russia's traditional and ongoing MAJOR client states...but let's not push that stupid luck we've had. China won't smile or be the least amused with Uncle Sammy splashing around in the Yalu River for Part II

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
There is a trade embargo against Iran so America is not getting any oil from there.

However, here's what I see will happen:

Iran will do what it can to cut off the supply of oil to the western countries.

There will be a huge outcry.

They will come to America for help.

America will agree to it because while it might not mean oil, it does mean more money for us.

America will more than likely win the war.

People will start whining about America because we do things our own way and not their way and do what they can to demonize America and make America seem like the bad guy instead, while forgetting that it was the world that wanted us to handle the problem in the first place.

Provided of course, if Iran decides to cut off the flow of oil.

I'm hoping that America will have the guts to say no to the world, but if America does that the world will whine and complain about it to no end because somehow America has to do what the world wants us to do and do it their way.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I have NO idea how you figure dissension and unrest building in a MAJOR world power makes them less dangerous to provoke or piss off. Historically, the best way a government has to handle internal problems is to give it's population something EXTERNAL to focus on. War is usually the distraction of choice it seems.

That is not China's MO, it's the U.S.A's. China throughout most of it's history has yet to do something of the nature you describe. They tend to just kill their own people when unrest occurs rather than try to unite them.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That is not China's MO, it's the U.S.A's. China throughout most of it's history has yet to do something of the nature you describe. They tend to just kill their own people when unrest occurs rather than try to unite them.

The People's Republic of China is a very young country, give it time. Just like it's BS to cite Iran's long history of not attacking anyone because they have some nutcases in power now that would do just that, it's also BS to cite China's pacifist history because the PRC was not in control for those many years of peace, and it is now and has proven to be ruthless. There is a time for internal cleansing, and a time for nationalistic unity. Guess what time it is now? Yours is as good as mine.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

ust like it's BS to cite Iran's long history of not attacking anyone because they have some nutcases in power now that would do just that, it's also BS to cite China's pacifist history because the PRC was not in control for those many years of peace, and it is now and has proven to be ruthless.

I didn't call them pacifists. I simply said that is not their MO. They don't go to war to unite people, they just kill those who don't act right. Eastern governments are very different from Western ones.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join