It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the point of perfection the point of no meaning?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
if nothing has meaning then there is no reason to hold onto anything and no reason to care. If nothing has meaning then nothing requires explanation. If no explanations are required then all actions become doings initiated by will. The type of actions will be based on the true nature of the person within, good, bad, mean or friendly.

I am a being with no reason to care, no explanation needed, and all my actions are acts carried out by a volition of my will. My inner nature will shape the outcome of those actions.
So now im at this point of perfection what next?
What should i do, or mabey i should do nothing at all?

edit on 1-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
A principle is the expression of perfection, and as imperfect beings like us cannot practise perfection, we devise every moment limits of its compromise in practice.
Mahatma Gandhi

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

You are not at a point of perfection. IT sounds like you have reached a certain level of understanding though..

I used to wonder about perfection a lot, and it scared me to think about it. Just being done.. Nothing to do now..

I know now I can tell, what it will be like one day.

It will be complete contentment. It won't be bad at all. When you have no desire it sounds like it would be boring, but you don't need anything, and you experience spirit in full, it will be PURE bliss. We came out of no understanding and we are moving through complete understanding. Perfection isn't a small infinity, it is a Big infinity. Yummy.

I am still living on earth though, and I'm no buddah or Jesus.. I did become one with god for a little bit one time though... Man I want to go back. Need to start meditating again.

edit on 10/1/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Everything has meaning but that meaning will be different for each person. Everything in the universe is perfect just as it is at every given moment.

Explanations for things (scientific, material, philosophical etc) differ for each individual person. A physicist thrives on explaining the most complex and detailed mechanics of the universe whereas the average Joe will be content knowing that the universe simply exists. Neither is any more or less perfect than the other, it comes down to personal interest and choice.

if nothing has meaning then there is no reason to hold onto anything and no reason to care.

I sort of get what you mean but being careless (or caring about nothing) can have many negative effects - what would be the point of staying alive if there's no meaning? In universal terms humans are really insignificant but on a global scale we're pretty important - particularly in comparison to other species. We're constantly evolving; developing new technologies and new ways of thinking. Care about the things that affect you directly - things you enjoy in life and interpersonal interactions.

Keep living life. Enjoy and treasure the little things

edit on 1/10/2012 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
How do you define the point of perfection?
How do you define the point of no meaning?

Neither of these things actually exist, so in a way you could say they are the same. But ultimately this is the perfect example of a meaningless question.......

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Life wasn't already dressed up in a 'meaning' when were born, and it appears to have never had one to begin with, so we created 'meanings'. 'Meanings' are for those of us interested in expressing our experiences, values, and interpretations of things around us. Life only has "no meaning" if the individual refuses to participate in the expressions of meanings.

edit on 1-10-2012 by trysts because: one too many words

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
if nothing has meaning then there is no reason to hold onto anything and no reason to care. If nothing has meaning then nothing requires explanation. If no explanations are required then all actions become doings initiated by will. The type of actions will be based on the true nature of the person within, good, bad, mean or friendly.

I am a being with no reason to care, no explanation needed, and all my actions are acts carried out by a volition of my will. My inner nature will shape the outcome of those actions.

This is a question I think on alot. What to do or to do nothing. So far I feel do what there is to do in every given moment and when there is a conflict between two things follow my reason and instinct to try to produce from the best of intentions the best of outcomes. There is nothing else to do imo. When there is a matter of wants the same applies do for the long-term good as best as I can and try to be in the moment ....

For example I want your attention and you want to sleep. To my understanding the best of intention is to let you sleep and get your attention when you wake up. If however there is a fire waking you up at this point might be what is best done

What is next will appear when its time is.... if there really is nothing to do then do nothing...something will soon come along to keep you busy

As for those who say we are not able to be perfect because we are not Buddha or Jesus I shake my head. It is defeatism like that that keeps you imprisoned and not even trying to be better beyond a certain point. You can be as them but never if you do not even try. Both these persons called for us to aspire to their level yet someone decided to distort the message to say you can never achieve it so better just admire them and stay down. Perfection is aspiring to understand what is and to use that understanding in every aspect of your being.

much love

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
what does meaning mean?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Give things meaning. Re-evalute.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NiNjABackflip

I did. It was someone else who brought me to this level of understand. Unless I misintepreted. The understanding conveyed was physical and spirtual are both essentially material forms. All materials dissolve into the void so what is the point in bounding to them. Therefore nothing can have meaning. If nothing has meaning then why worry about anything. Life is then lived with greater depth as it becomes connected with its true form.

Is this loopy or sound logic??? Remember i was conveyed this knowledge not in them exact words but the ideas are the same.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

reply to post by NiNjABackflip

I did. It was someone else who brought me to this level of understand. Unless I misintepreted. The understanding conveyed was physical and spirtual are both essentially material forms. All materials dissolve into the void so what is the point in bounding to them. Therefore nothing can have meaning. If nothing has meaning then why worry about anything. Life is then lived with greater depth as it becomes connected with its true form.

Is this loopy or sound logic??? Remember i was conveyed this knowledge not in them exact words but the ideas are the same.

It's not loopy. Many, including myself, have been in stuck in a nihilistic state once it has been determined that there is no spiritual world. It's can be depressing and difficult to crawl out of. But in my case, I was soon able to forget about my contrived meanings, i.e. the human soul, the afterlife, God, spirituality, purpose etc, and make room for real meaning and real value on real things. Existing is meaningful, life is meaningful, things that exist are meaningful.

The one's who are nihilistic are the ones inventing and living for the spiritual, as it's done at the expense of real things, including themselves.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
i have just realised reading the responses i created possibly the most meaningless thread ever on ats. Oh i wish i could delete this nasty thread.

top topics

join