It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding and healing the Shadow Self

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
" Healing the past is the way to heal yourself"

One of the ways to self-healing is by healing/facing our shadow. The shadow is that suppressed aspect of ourselves that we have kept hidden in order to preserve the ego. Amongst these aspects includes; our hidden emotions, our true personality, our denials and even in some cases, our hearts. Sometimes, we purposely empower our ego by becoming what is acceptable to everyone else except ourselves, and this is yet another source for depression.

During our encounters with the social environment, our minds become programmed with the beliefs of others, since the moment we are born to take part of the grand act, that we the human race call “Society”. To make matters worse, society has placed labels on our emotions, to get us to believe that there is something “wrong” with us. Some corporations such as “big pharma” have made it their lifelong ambition to deceive and profit from sicknesses that do not really exist! Some of their so-called “medications” actually make matters worse and in the process, they cause severe damage to brain cells.

You do not have to hear this from me, check out what some legitimate psychologists have to say about anti-depressives such as “Zoloft”

So why do I mention the corporations in this post? Because you need to understand, that anything the corporations say or do, is not for our benefit, but their own. I need you to dispel the belief, that the corporations, FDA, GMO, big pharma knows what is right for you; along with the belief that “you do not know any better than the people who poisons us on a day to day basis”.

To put it plainly, to listen to the corporations; it is like listening to someone who asks you to “jump off a bridge”. Only they do it through commercials and word it differently that makes it seem like everything is “all right”. I am here to tell you that it is okay to dispel this belief from your minds and to take an alternate road of self-healing, instead of relying on false medications and false advice, and part of this road is by healing our shadow.

(On the note on following false advice, I urge everyone, not to “believe” what anyone says, unless the truth is highlighted within your hearts. If it does not resonate nor highlighted, then it is not the truth. Even this very post that you are currently reading should be verified through your own hearts. )

Read more here from my latest blog post.

Understanding and Healing our Shadow Self

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

The best person for assessing a persons health is the person themselves. Its not any more complicated than that.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I agree. So many doctors these days have this arrogant notion that they know what we are feeling and what is wrong with us just by asking us some questions about how we are feeling. Try to tell them otherwise and the God complex suddenly appears.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I have to admit to ageeing with the majority öf what you say although i'd be loathe to claim i knew better about genuine medical conditions,could be risky.

The pharmacutical companies only serve their share holders and profit.I wouldnt trust them to treat a chemical toilet.lol.

I remember maybe 10 years ago a good friend of mine willingly gave up everything for this woman.
Oh he loved her and her him but they were toxic.They alienated family,friends,good will till they moved 250 miles away.

Far from home and in a new city he focused everything on their love for a year till it tore them apart n she went behind his back his pal.

He came home heartbroken,lost and hurt which under the circumstances i felt was a natural response.

After a fortnight he went to the doctors,explained höw he felt and was perscribed sleeping pills,valium and anti-depressants !!!

Now to my mind that was a bad move,bordering on unethical.

Yet it also illustrates how society and the medical estabilishment are too quick to prescribe mood altering drugs when that mood is either a natural response to life changes or maybe down to underlying issues.

People have gotten used to expecting a pill to change how the feel,a quick fix which echos the mantra of society these days.

Yet if the doctors didnt dole out medication so liberally maybe people wouldnt expect and want that as they seem to do more and more.

The pharma companies are also at the root of the problem producing a vast array of treatments that seem to simply mask or allieve symptoms only when they should be producing cures.

Of course if you make the cure you shrink your market which is no business model a company will endorse.

How did society cope 100 years ago ??

They seemed to manage ok with out these mood managing meds

Maybe we can too !!!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I decided to take out the biased view on the corporations which is posted in the OP, but taken out from the blog. While they do have a connection, it was best to just focus on the actual Healing of the Shadow.

I noticed that the information written in the OP caused a distraction away from the main topic. I apologize, for this, and I hope you take some time and review the actual content that is intended to help others.

namaste

top topics

join