It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obligatory awkward introduction title, yay! Hello all :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Well, it's high time that I join in on all of this craziness. I've been poking around here and there on ATS for a few months. I finally decided to register as there are many topics that I would love to discuss.

A little about me:
I'm a twenty-something dog groomer from Oklahoma. I freaking love dogs, I can't imagine not working with them. Over the past 6-7 years I've worked in two insanely busy animal hospitals, everything from running the boarding kennels, manning the front desk and performing moderate tech work including radiology, assisting with surgery and other procedures. There isn't much that's more rewarding to me than nursing an animal back to health, they're always incredibly grateful...however, now that I'm grooming I must say that it's a refreshing change of pace, to see happy and healthy dogs and cats rather than when they're ill or injured. There is so much that I've seen that I wish I could completely wipe from my memory.

My own dogs are really the only reason that I've tried to stay strong all these years, they keep me going. My Jack Russell Terrier makes me laugh everyday, don't know what I'd do without him. We're into obedience training working towards qualifying to participate in Rally and to become certified as a therapy team. My other interests include martial arts, drawing/painting, foreign language (Russian and Japanese, especially), aviation, meditation and astral travel/OBE's.

I'm still fairly new to this world of conspiracy. It was only early last year that I really "woke up" and started to research certain theories, I feel that there is an air of plausibility within many of them. I find it all fascinating, because really, what the heck do we know? Most of the people that I have encountered during my lifetime all seem to have the mentality that we are the epitome of creation and know all that there is to know. I was raised in a family with Christian beliefs, though I never felt in my heart that there was a whole lot of truth to what I was being taught, i felt it was more like a skewed illustration of the truth, whatever that may be. I'm fortunate that my mother raised me to be open-minded and to come to my own conclusions. She and I have always been very aware of the metaphysical side of our existence. I remember when the two of us had our very first UFO sighting years ago, now that was awesome.

There's a lot more that I could add but I don't want to create anything too lengthy for people to read. I'm certainly looking forward to gradually joining in on several, various discussions.

Take care, all!

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by hazarddog

Hello twenty-something dog groomer from Oklahoma called hazarddog

Nice intro and welcome to the madhouse.

Jack Russell Terriers are the smartest type of dog IMHO.

I would say breed but that's the topic for another thread.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Welcome to the tribe!

Looking forward to your contributions.

beez

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Welcome from another dog lover.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Welcome!

I too love dogs but manatees and cats rule

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Nice intro,not to rough..tc

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Hello from another animal lover! Welcome to ATS!

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by hazarddog

Nice intro !

Welcome to ATS, the land of many animal lovers...

Have Fun & Enjoy !

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Thank you all for the nice welcome! It is appreciated.

Nice to see that there are many other animal people here!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Welcome im a newb to lol was a long time lurker also

I love dogs too i rescue them from animal sanctuarys i think they are the best dogs ever its like they know they found a new furever sofa with love.

Enjoy the madness.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Hello fellow newbie, thanks!

That's great and yes, I agree. Every dog or cat I've known that had been rescued from a bad situation are very thankful. Amazing how they're so quick to forgive. They don't ask for much, usually being by your side is the only thing they want.

top topics

join