It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello, I am against fire arms.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
soz but say glasgow is size of even smallest town over there which we know its not,how many shooting deaths in glasgow compared to size of somewhere similar in america?bet glasgow doesn,t even come close

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
oh and soz but wud rather take my chances walking up a dark lane with someone with a knife rather than someone with a gun,

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

The Introduction Forum is for introductions… To tell something about you; not to start a thread about a topic. ATS has a twenty post requirement before a new member can start a thread on the myriad of ATS fora… “Intro threads” that are really “topic threads” will be removed. Twenty may sound like a lot, but it won’t take any time at all (especially if you start a really good introduction thread ). The minimum post requirement is there to give you a chance to acclimate to how ATS operates… And what constitutes quality content contribution (and maybe what doesn’t ). The bottom line is that your intro thread is about your favorite topic… You!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I for one like my pink hand gun...and yes it's PINK! ..Not only do I have a choice to own a gun or not...but I have a choice on the color too!.?.....so, Sparky31, do you have the right to own a gun? Or are you not allowed by your government ? Just curious.....
And , Sparky 31, I noticed you said you watched a tv show ( first 48) about people gunning each other down at a gas station, or in the streets. ...I'm guessing you have never been to United States and are basing your perception of how it is here on a TV show? So now you think people are gunning people down on every street corner, is that it?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Question 2: Is the 2nd amendment an individual’s right or a collective right?

Arguments presented aside, and I do appreciate your sourcing them and the existence of them, YES.
Aside from my own opinion:

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage then to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
--- Thomas Jefferson, quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria in "On Crimes and Punishment", 1764

To disarm the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them.
--- George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 380

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home and leave us in peace. We seek not your council, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our country men.
--- Samuel Adams

Gun Control: The assumption that everyone is a potential criminal.

The right to buy weapons is the right to be free.
--- van Gogt

These are some who said it better than I can articulate. And the last, most important, and my favorite:

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country . . .

--- James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434, 8 June 1789

I think the last, in particular, sums it up quite nicely, as to why this is NECESSARY in the defense of a represenatative republic, to ensure it continues to represent us.....
Who "us" is, may be a whole different matter, and the more pertinent question, as to the problem of what gets out of control and why, when we bear arms......that's a whole other question, and a whole other thread.
Welcome.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meldionne1
I for one like my pink hand gun...and yes it's PINK! ..Not only do I have a choice to own a gun or not...but I have a choice on the color too!.?.....so, Sparky31, do you have the right to own a gun? Or are you not allowed by your government ? Just curious.....
And , Sparky 31, I noticed you said you watched a tv show ( first 48) about people gunning each other down at a gas station, or in the streets. ...I'm guessing you have never been to United States and are basing your perception of how it is here on a TV show? So now you think people are gunning people down on every street corner, is that it? [/quote

no i don,t and i,m glad i don,t have the right to own a gun cause that means all the head cases don,t have the right as well......i like the fact that ever person i meet i know probably don,t have 1,not going to get in an argument and get shot for it ,u keep ur right to bear arms but tell u i know where i,d rather be

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

Your kidding right? ...Glasgow has more crime per head than New York City. That is why " reform Scotland" was created, and has asked to add 1,000 more police officers to the budget and try to bring the crime rate downin Glasgow.....BBC news has done several reports on this...I believe Mike Atkiin from Scotland yard has called upon New York city to learn from their Crime units and how to lower crime... Looks like I'm safer here in the U.S? Than Glasgow!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
After reading this and some comments I would like to point out two things.

#1 The second amendment does NOT give anyone the right to bear arms, it protects the right we already have.

Taking away the second amendment will not rid me of "my" rights.

# 2 A gun ban would only take guns away from law abiding citizens, not criminals.

Cocaine, heroin and meth are all banned and illegal in the USA, however you can find it on almost any city corner.

When people have their means of self defense taking away from them, they end up being murdered or enslaved.

We would all love for there to be world without crime and wars, but we live in a world full of evil. What is the old saying? "pray for peace prepare for war"

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Guns will NEVER go away just like drugs will NEVER go away...It doesn't matter how much you regulate, how much you monitor, or how much you illegalize both of them..They are here to stay. Period

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Save us a lot of tax money feeding & houseing these criminals...what would 2020 have to talk about today if the killer was convicted with a fair trial today, & turned into compost tomorrow.
.He did it not me,leave me alone let me work 60 hrs a week to feed my family pay my taxs...
Please dont thank for one minute a law of any kind over guns will make your life safer it will only make ammo go on the blackmarket like drugs..ill have to go to the hood shopping, instead of Wallmart.
ill go to jail for haveing a gun and get a education ,our prisoners are walking on carpet floors..start yelling STRONGER PENALTYS watch how fast our government for the people defends that killer with doctors & lawyers. ...& all gun owners there not going to storm your house so get your sleep,they will just stop makeing the bullet more jobs lost.....

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31
we don,t need them rights cause a gun incident in britain is rare......the reason its rare is we don,t have everyone running about with guns......seriously don,t get how uz don,t grasp that fact.

The only question I can ask is regardless of your gun laws how many incidents have occurred involving knives that are illegal in your country?

That is the elephant in the room. It does not matter what is regulated criminals don't care if they want guns they will get guns if they prefer to kill or maim with knives they will get illegal knives.

It's illegal to carry a knife over something like 2" there isn't it?

same goes in America with guns. If they outlaw guns the only ones with guns will be cops and criminals and we all know cops can't respond quick enough to someone who wants to pull a trigger on some unsuspecting or defenseless chap.

I GUARANTEE that gun crimes will double in the first 6 months if America outlaws them.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
answer to question 1..."bang"

answer to question 2... see question 1.

and so on.

you get the drift.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meldionne1

Your kidding right? ...Glasgow has more crime per head than New York City. That is why " reform Scotland" was created, and has asked to add 1,000 more police officers to the budget and try to bring the crime rate downin Glasgow.....BBC news has done several reports on this...I believe Mike Atkiin from Scotland yard has called upon New York city to learn from their Crime units and how to lower crime... Looks like I'm safer here in the U.S? Than Glasgow!

jesus am i talking a diffrent language?i never said crime was less here.....i,m talking about guns......i,d rather take my chances here fighting someone with a knife than every head case i know running about with a gun,didn,t i make that clear

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31

Originally posted by VikingWarlord

I'm sorry, but I really cannot understand your post.
Please forgive me if English is not your primary language.

to u its not but least i can walk anywhere in my country and getting shot wudn,t even cross my mind.....bear arms?no license to open fire on who u want is what it seems like

If you walk anywhere in your country and do not worry about getting shot that's a good thing.
But an axe may be just around the next block or a bat, etc. and what about these statistics concerning Children in the UK? Most were not shot, but they are just as dead. And these are your children...
www.nspcc.org.uk...
It is a people problem, not a gun problem. People wield the axes, and shoot the guns.
Society breakdown leads to this. Guns are but one medium for those that wish harm to others.
Terrorists prefer bombs. But if they had no bombs they would use guns, and if they had no guns they would use clubs and if they had no clubs they would spit on you and use their bare hands. It is people.
Hatred.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidsHope

People is not hatred.
There was a time, its history, since removed and obfuscated, so you could reach this conclusion with nothing else to inform something different.....
It amazes me, sometimes, on a conspiracy website, the lack of imagination, that the greatest manipulation we see happening before us is the divide and conquer atmosphere, and history that continues and profligates the same, so that we reject our own, or this species, in just this way.

We have been given reason to react with hatred, and see it, in fact, as the only logical and, more than that, survivable, natural, instinct.....We are baited for and with it constantly.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

In my little town if a ratical church mob started burning buildings there would be a lot of Deer hunters throwing lead,lol
everyone runs to help when the fire trucks start up
you can say we have our own
“A well regulated Militia
Our police force has rocket launchers, bazookas relevant weaponry....
just there little stash pile..
GOD BLESS AMERICA

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

People are not hatred: I suspect I didn't make it clear. People are the problem.
It is the hatred of certain people that cause them to kill. Did you even look at my link?
Of the killing in the UK of children alone over a 5 year period? You don't even allow guns there, and still you have people that hate: They kill. they don't need guns, they can kill easily without them and clearly they do.
There are those in the UK that are killed with guns including if I recall recently Two police officers in the line of duty?

I could find many many more links to point out the murder going on in the UK and around the world.
Most people do what is just good and right, but there are some that simply hate: And kill.
. It is only the actions of a few lunatics that are the problem.
I am protected by my constitution allowing me the right to bear arms. You don't have that right.
It has been taken from you.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Awesome! I like the " throwing lead" quote LOL. .....I'll bet my pink gun against any crazy knife wielding maniac any day!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidsHope

Perhaps you didn't look at my initial response in this thread, in which I quote many, august, founders of America, and even some "traitors," which historically speaking, have become true patriots to some, depending upon perspective and their knowledge of history.

I am American, sir.

Yes, people do hate. No doubt about it.
And in my response to the question of bearing arms in this country, I completely feel it is not only given, but necessary in protecting the republic as being representative.
What I replied had nothing to do with that.

I also alluded to people hating being a totally different topic than the one this thread addressed.
This is a complex issue, and, I feel, nothing to do with what is being discussed here, in the question asked. Taking away rights we are guaranteed by the document supposed to base our laws and representation upon is only going to engender more hate....and more killing.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetra50

Question 2: Is the 2nd amendment an individual’s right or a collective right?

Arguments presented aside, and I do appreciate your sourcing them and the existence of them, YES.
Aside from my own opinion:

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage then to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
--- Thomas Jefferson, quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria in "On Crimes and Punishment", 1764

To disarm the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them.
--- George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 380

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home and leave us in peace. We seek not your council, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our country men.
--- Samuel Adams

Gun Control: The assumption that everyone is a potential criminal.

The right to buy weapons is the right to be free.
--- van Gogt

These are some who said it better than I can articulate. And the last, most important, and my favorite:

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country . . .

--- James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434, 8 June 1789

I think the last, in particular, sums it up quite nicely, as to why this is NECESSARY in the defense of a represenatative republic, to ensure it continues to represent us.....
Who "us" is, may be a whole different matter, and the more pertinent question, as to the problem of what gets out of control and why, when we bear arms......that's a whole other question, and a whole other thread.
Welcome.

This was my response, David.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join