It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello, I am against fire arms.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamLaw

So, You're against firearms?

That's cool.

Do yourself a favor and don't come into my home unannounced in the middle of the night.

I'm pro firearms.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidsHope
reply to post by tetra50

People are not hatred: I suspect I didn't make it clear. People are the problem.
It is the hatred of certain people that cause them to kill. Did you even look at my link?
Of the killing in the UK of children alone over a 5 year period? You don't even allow guns there, and still you have people that hate: They kill. they don't need guns, they can kill easily without them and clearly they do.
There are those in the UK that are killed with guns including if I recall recently Two police officers in the line of duty?

I could find many many more links to point out the murder going on in the UK and around the world.
Most people do what is just good and right, but there are some that simply hate: And kill.
. It is only the actions of a few lunatics that are the problem.
I am protected by my constitution allowing me the right to bear arms. You don't have that right.
It has been taken from you.

Im responding to the thread.
not your post over the UK im confused,lol

yes your pink gun throws lead to,lol

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamLaw

Of course it's still relevant. I don't want to say something stupid I'll regret later. Lets just say the 2nd amendment was not set up to protect people from outside forces, nor to protect them from bears and wolves. it was to protect from TPTB
edit on 29-9-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
Thomas Jefferson

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
Thomas Jefferson

Need I say more? Quotes of Thomas Jefferson
edit on 9/29/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/29/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamLaw
Question 1: In 2012, does the most militarized country in the world, with a budget of 700 billion dollars a year requires a well regulated militia with citizens armed and ready to protect the security of the State?

Yes.

That right to bear arms secures said freedoms from all 'enemies' both foreign and domestic.

Our armed forces were established SOLELY to secure and protect our borders and waterways from invasion and or attack ... nothing more. nothing less. No matter and despite the extent to which their core principle and intent have been bastardized, used and abused over the years since.

No matter the country, nation, state, community, home, etc ... it's core purpose was to ensure the individual right to protect one's self from those who would otherwise seek to infringe upon or strip one of the same - their life and or liberty.

At a brass tacks level, it's really quite simple ...

Gun Control for $2,000, Alex?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I do not believe for one second our founding fathers would be against a comunity/citizen owning a rocket launcher.

The second is not about protecting against invation so much as about retaining personal freedom and liberty.

That is very clear in the Federalist papers.

I am not worried about "rocket launchers." Having been trained by them, for them, I/we (like minded individuals)can get one when I/we need one. It is people like you, that are cowards and fear violence, who have no duty to self, country or family that worry my kind.

Worry not your sheeple little self. When I need a rocket launcher to protect your freedom. I can get one or make one, using nothing but my 22LR or my lathe and a few things from Home Depot.

People like you kinda make me sick. NOt that you know that is what you do. LOVE, PEACE and PROSPERITY to you and your liberal ilk.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Question 2: Is the 2nd amendment an individual’s right or a collective right?

The first ten amendments of the U.S. Constitution are the Bill of Rights, contrary to the thinking of many, the Bill of Rights was designed to protect the rights of the individual. Proponents of gun law legislation overlook this fact, and use it as the foundation of their argument. The original drafters of the Constitution, our four fathers, were intimately familar with the need of the citizen to rise up and declare war and revolution against their government. Anyone believing otherwise is naive.

I support the citizen's right to own firearms. I am a veteran and a patriot. Politically, I like to believe I'm moderate in my views. I believe extremists, either left or right, are destroying this nation. While I do support the 2nd Amendment, I do not believe the ability to obtain firearms should be carte blanche.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
So, You're against firearms?
That's cool.
Do yourself a favor and don't come into my home unannounced in the middle of the night.
I'm pro firearms.

Can you imagine the spike in home invasions if guns were illegal? The risk of the home owner pointing a gun in your face is probably the #1 deterrent to home robberies. Clearly the police can't do much of anything to prevent it, it's up to the homeowner.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OMsk3ptic

I wonder what these gun control people could do if they used all there time makeing stronger"PENALTYS" law & order.. not punish me for what somebody else did....

If 911 would have been a bigger plan...it would have taken all the gun owner to save our country....
The truth is that America has been helping to paint that bullseye for a long time now.
Right now America is armed on the ground, take that away & it wont be the thug with a gun youll have to worry about....
edit on 29-9-2012 by madenusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamLaw

LOL! lets put this to bed right here and now.

1. The right to keep and bear arms is an inherent right to all mankind

2.. The bill of rights only illustrated that right it did not grant it. The right existed before the constitution was penned it will exist long after it is relegated to the dust bin of history.

2. The bill of rights is a list of individual rights not collective rights.

4. The founders who wrote and ratified the bill of rights all agree it is an individual right and there are ample of their writings to prove it.

5. The US Supreme Court recently upheld that it is an individual right.

6. I don't care what the Brits or the Aussies or any other country thinks or does.

7. I don't give a damn what your twisted belief is about guns based on media propaganda you regurgitate. If you or anyone ever tries to disarm America the Hounds of hell will be released and wreak havoc on those who try! Cold dead hands as the saying goes!

/thread

edit on 29-9-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamLaw
“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”(Constitution of the United States Of America, 2nd Amendment)

Question 1: In 2012, does the most militarized country in the world, with a budget of 700 billion dollars a year requires a well regulated militia with citizens armed and ready to protect the security of the State?

Proponents of the individualistic interpretation hold especially the second part of the phrase "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." According to them, citizens have the right to arm themselves in a threefold purpose: to defend their property and their families, to preserve a possible tyrannical government and participate in the defense of the state against foreign aggression. But the proponents of the collective right are to make cheap limitation of the clause above. Insofar as there is talk of a militia, that is to say, in the language of the time, a reserve army, the right of the states to organize such a armed force that is recognized. It was to protect at the time of ratification, was the opportunity for each State to ensure its own defense without resorting to a professional federal army. And for them this invalidates the theory of the Second Amendment right to open a vigilante. In addition, the reference to a "free state" and its security does not allow the interpretation that citizens have the right to arm themselves to resist a government deemed too authoritarian.

Question 2: Is the 2nd amendment an individual’s right or a collective right?

United States v. Miller 1939, the supreme Court took a position that could not be more ambiguous. If it upholds the constitutionality of the federal law of 1934, it is for a reason that is not likely to set a law: the Second Amendment does not guarantee the right to possess the type of weapon involved in the case considered (a sawed-off shotgun), because it is not part of the usual weapons of a militia.

The Supreme Court ruled that individuals have the right to bear arms for protection and not only that but if you lived in a state that had in it's constitution a clause against that, it would now be null and void. This answers your 2nd question.

www.washingtonpost.com...

As for the 1st question, we would hope the trained professional law enforcement officers would do their job but if you listen to them, it is Not their job to protect citizens from harm. It is their job to enforce codes and statutes of our maritime law system. This doesn't necessarily include protecting citizens.

www.firearmsandliberty.com...

So the ability to protect ourselves and our families lies with us. The Supreme Court understood this That's why we have the right to bear arms as individuals.

To answer another of your questions, Here are some Crazy weapons Americans can legally own.

Flamethrower. Tannerite (An Explosive Compound). any kind of Improvised Weaponry including homemade guns like zip guns, A Mini-Gun !!! (super cool) , and Thermite.

This article explains each of these and tells why they are legal.
www.cracked.com...

edit on 29-9-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: addition

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by OMsk3ptic

Can you imagine the spike in home invasions if guns were illegal? The risk of the home owner pointing a gun in your face is probably the #1 deterrent to home robberies. Clearly the police can't do much of anything to prevent it, it's up to the homeowner.

A few years ago, I was up late at night and heard a jiggling sound at the front door. I grabbed my Mossberg, grabbed the phone, dialed 911, then went to the front door and screamed "If you touch that XXXXXXX door knob one more time, I guarantee it'll be the last thing you ever do." I then chambered a 12 ga round, with the undeniable "clack" echoing through the house. When the police showed up a few minutes later, all they could find was tracks in the snow from someone running away VERY quickly.

edit on 9/30/2012 by ~Vixen~ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Firearms will not keep people free anymore. They are worthless if your Government/Corporations are zapping you with microwaves or other directed energy weapons to take your health away from you or kill you.

Do yourselves a favor and start building yourselves directed energy weapons. They are being used against you.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamLaw

Let me help you out. The 2nd amendment was to guarantee the of the civilians to have the same weaponry as the government. That's right. The same. You have a problem with Americans Carrying a gun or whatever new agenda you may be on.. It Stinks. and as a vet I question who and where you come from..Little govt cheer leaders

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
reply to post by AdamLaw

Let me help you out. The 2nd amendment was to guarantee the of the civilians to have the same weaponry as the government. That's right. The same. You have a problem with Americans Carrying a gun or whatever new agenda you may be on.. It Stinks. and as a vet I question who and where you come from..Little govt cheer leaders

I did a study one time on the Constitution and it turns out we have these rights for the purpose of being able to overthrow the United States Government when it becomes a tyrannical government and usurps the powers that We the People deem it to have. It was all very clear and logical. I wish I knew what happened to my notes, I'd make a thread about it.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Thank god i live in a state that has a stronger second amendment in our state constitution than the federal. It actuallg says for personal protection

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
"Question 3: Should we conclude that the Second Amendment protects the individual right to possess rocket launchers, bazookas or tanks if the times we live in makes it militia relevant weaponry?"

Just as an aside, all these things are legal. One needs just apply for a federal "any other weapons" or destructive devices" license. Except for the tank. All you need for a operational tank is the money and be willing to break track once in a while.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

Sparky, you have to right to be against fire arms. You are lucky to have that opinions, since where you live it's ILLEGAL to own one. So all is right in your world. I hope you are never confronted with anything more than a kitchen knife.

In my country, we are allowed to have guns. Those of us who have them, know how to use them safely and if necessary, to protect our homes and families. We don't care how you do things "over there" as it's not "over here". So you can do everyone a huge favor. and stay "over there".
Thanks and have a nice day.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Here's the thing. I may catch some flak for this but here goes. A gun, knife, bow, etc. is not a weapon. They are tools. The person using them may be a weapon, but the gun is not. It can't fire on its own. People are the dangerous element, not the guns themselves. America is also not the murder capital of the world. Better look in the countries of Africa where unarmed people are slaughtered all the time. Better to arm the population and educate them on safety and how to use firearms, than to leave them defenseless. Banning "weapons" only helps crime. While some "weapons" may no longer be available, there is always a replacement. An armed and educated society, is a safer society. Notice, I said educated.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Sparky, I have gotta say, I'm terrified to visit the U.K. I saw in this movie once called Eurotrip, that drunk football fans beat up innocent people that support different teams! They go around looking for these people! In another movie I saw called Hostel, psychos would catch people and kill them for fun! On 60 mins they did an story about all the riots that happen everyday on every street corner in the U.K......Do you see how silly I sound?
Maybe if you actually went to a shooting range and shot a real gun you might find that they are not these WMDs that everyone can own in the U.S. It is not like in the movies, not everyone can shoot a pistol a 100 meters and hit a target in the head! 80% of the population couldn't hit center mass from 15 meters away. Guns don't have unlimited ammo like in the movies if you do get hit, it is not some death sentence you cant recover from. And lastly, not EVERYONE can get a gun. In fact, it takes skill and money to get a LICENCE to carry one.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join