It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Purple beam shoots from cloud to ground..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This picture was taken last week in New Haven, Connecticut. The beam itself was there prior to the pic being snapped. The beam itself was the reason the photo was taken. Anyone have any ideas on what this could be? I've never seen anything like it before.. Thanks for checking it out

PS. The beam stops before the ground in mid air just out of frame. Didn't seem to disperse or anything like that, just came to a dead halt in the air.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
How odd. Thanks for posting, even though this thread will soon be closed.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Where was it taken? What time? By whom? Is it still there? Did it vanish? How long was it there? Any link?

Hi and welcome

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I think it's just lens flare. Notice how the stripe leads right to where the sun is out of frame and how the stripe fades the closer it gets to the sun.

I'm not a photography expert, but that's what it looks like to me.

edit on 29-9-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS..... I look forward to hearing more, outside the introduction area.
I'm sure a Mod will be along shortly to give the official welcome message but it's always nice to see new folks that come all set with material to share. (outside the Intro area of course....)

Good to have ya!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reflection off somethin

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
So you took one picture?

got any more..

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Thanks for checking this out guys. As I said in the intro, it isnt a lens flare as it was there to the naked eye prior to taking the picture. The pic was taken around 1pm on Sept. 24th. It was taken in down town New Haven, Connecticut on the corner of Temple St. My cousin works in a medical building on that street and took an early lunch and then went back outside for a smoke around 1-1:30. She said she was the only one outside and she noticed it there before she took the picture. There are 2 pictures but they are pretty much exact copies of each other. If I may add, my cousin was completely dumbfounded. She immediately texted the pic to her husband and I as we are avid sky watchers. I called her 5 seconds later and she was staring at the beam while on the phone with me. None of us have any kind of explanation for what this is. I just know it isnt a lens flare bc it was visible prior to her taking the camera out. I suppose it could be a reflection off of something, but if it is, its a very strange reflection. I do notice in the picture also that there is a blue ball of light near the left of the beam. THAT I attribute to being lens flare.

Edit to say, no, it isnt still there. She noticed it while smoking and when she got out of work it was gone.
edit on 29-9-2012 by warcloud41 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-9-2012 by warcloud41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Why will my thread soon be closed?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by warcloud41

Some sort of sensor overload because the camera can't handle the brightness of the sun up top? Something like that I reckon.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Guys, it was there without the camera. She saw it, then took out the camera and snapped a pic of it.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I concur.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Found this purple sky, uploaded December 2007:

[yvid]

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Hmmmm, intriguing for sure!!! Hello and welcome!!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
what type of camera did you use?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe that no one else saw this if it where really there before the picture was taken...I found no other reports of said beam other than this post on ATS. Downtown New Haven, CT Is a busy place..I think your cousin is pulling a fast one on you or smoking wacky tobaccy
edit on 29-9-2012 by TheLonewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Look.... taken with my iphone.... Clearly the lazer comes from the iphone. I think it's how TPTB track your iphone ha ha. Then if they want to get rid of you they use the lazer on you. (and look at all those chem trails! no joke!)

edit on 29-9-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
Look.... taken with my iphone.... Clearly the lazer comes from the iphone. I think it's how TPTB track your iphone ha ha. Then if they want to get rid of you they use the lazer on you. (and look at all those chem trails! no joke!)

edit on 29-9-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

That dude walking by in your picture is about to get his brain toasted by the Green Beam of Death

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I haven't a clue. If she saw it before the picture than it did exist. I see the line goes almost to the top of the clouds. I can't even make a guess. Could the light actually be coming from the ground somewhere and be illuminating a fog or smog or even smoke? If the fog or smog wasn't present at the ground it wouldn't be seen there.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLonewolf

What it demonstrates is they're using 2 frequencies. It's green if you're with iphone, and it's purple if you're using Andriod. So anyone using those phones needs to be careful as they have the lazer kill switch in place obviously

top topics

<<   2 >>

join