It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Purple beam shoots from cloud to ground..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
How dare you post a hoax thread.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I think it's just lens flare. Notice how the stripe leads right to where the sun is out of frame and how the stripe fades the closer it gets to the sun.

I'm not a photography expert, but that's what it looks like to me.

edit on 29-9-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

Sensor overload from the sun.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Alright so, I took a little time and did some digging on my own. I took everything said here into consideration and drilled my cousin pretty good on it. She swore to me on her daughters that she saw this WITHOUT the camera. She isn't lying on her daughters.

Aside from the usual camera discrepancies, are there any ideas on what this could be? I actually called our local news station here and I was told that a few people reported this shortly after it happened.

Also, Id like to add that I read the comments about android cameras=purple and iphone cameras=green... Well, with that said, this picture wasnt taken from an android phone.

Thanks guys

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The most likely reason has to do with the refraction of light. The sky is blue because the tiny dust particles in the atmosphere are so small they reflect blue light so that is what hue our eyes pick up. The sky isn't actually "blue" at all, it has no color to speak of. We see the lightwaves that are reflected. When you see a rainbow, it's because of the moisture in the air refracting the light and dispersing it like a prism.

The most likely explanation is some type of dust particle or moisture in the atmosphere in such an arrangement that the light reflected gave off that color. The "beam" is most likely due to the same reason that sunbeams stay uniform. The light is passing through clouds in the atmosphere and only a small "beam" of light makes it through the barrier and seems intensified.

This is a reasonable explanation and the most likely. I'm not saying it's the only explanation or even the correct one, but it is the one that is most likely.

If there is another reason, I hope you are able to discover what that reason is.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I just did a search on "purple beam from the sky" and got a tom of hits. I remember seeing one from Russia, not to long here on ATS.

Anyway, here's a fun one.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
In the pic the OP posted, the beam goes THRU the cloud as you can see in the photo that I enhanced. In the photo posted by R2D246 who thinks it might be a laser from an iphone, you can see the laser stays in front of the cloud.

Photo 1 is OP with streak going through the cloud, so I think that would rule out a laser from the iPhone.

Photo 2 is the photo R2D246 posted with his/her iPhone. The beam in this photo is in FRONT of the cloud.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I would like to add that if this beam were actually there prior to the photo, it is a pretty bright beam and there appears to be no reflection of it in the building on the right of the picture while I can make out almost all the clouds in the sky from the picture reflected on the building.....so....why no purple laser?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
This is a hoax thread and should be binned.

This is a lie -

Originally posted by warcloud41
The beam itself was there prior to the pic being snapped. The beam itself was the reason the photo was taken.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

This isn't a hoax bro. If you don't wanna see it, un-flag it.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Thanks Purp, it seems as though you know what you're talking about. Nice explanation. Was getting sick of all the hoax talk! I figured it was a reflection/refraction of some sort, just wasn't exactly sure how that worked. Thanks!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

reply to post by wigit

This isn't a hoax bro. If you don't wanna see it, un-flag it.

We'll see.

We have an easily exploited image and your word. I'm not saying you're lying, hoaxing or trolling, not at all - I'm not that rude. But expect scrutiny.

Otherwise good luck.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Where there any eye witnesses before image taken?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
*** REMINDER ***

Stay On Topic and be Civil / Kind....

your post will be removed.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

reply to post by PurpleChiten

Thanks Purp, it seems as though you know what you're talking about. Nice explanation. Was getting sick of all the hoax talk! I figured it was a reflection/refraction of some sort, just wasn't exactly sure how that worked. Thanks!

You are very welcome. Glad to shed some "light" on the probable cause

Sunbeams are often very concentrated but we don't notice them because they are usually yellow or white light. The different hues can definitely catch our eye quickly.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Wow!! Thanks for this. Did you ever see an explanation for what this was or what? I wish I had been the one to see the beam, I'm always missing out on the good stuff. Sigh.

Awesome video.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by warcloud41

Thanks, and you're welcome!

The YouTube poster had this to say about the video.

On the eve of the Spring Solstice Planet Earth was blessed with the opening of the Multiple Dimensional Energy Communication System. The turning on of this system connected the Earths energy girds with the energy grids of the Star Systems. On April 5th 2008 those grids were activated and aligned within our physical bodies through the activation of the 13th strand of DNA. The Violet Light is the energy of that Activation.
Margaret Ruby

HAHA!

Then another poster had this to say.

It's a bloody CCD lens flare you rediculous person!

You be the judge!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join