It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was asked why I loathe Romney besides. Here's why not...counting any policy or Bain.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
So, after reading your post, your basis for not liking him is that Romney is a jerk. A certain pompousness that seems to have been taught or rather silver spoon fed to him from an early age. I did not know of all those examples, but it does seem to show a pattern of behavior. I don't think its that he's a jerk, but its more complicated. Documented sources talking about Mitt's bullying behavior at his private high school show a disturbing picture of someone who will resort to violence very quickly if someone offends him. A jerk, a bully, someone with no sympathy for the poor. How the GOP thought this person was a good candidate is beyond me.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by pajoly

I hear you. Im just surprised people haven't woken up yet, to the spectacle of crooked Politics, and Right/Left BS. I see him, and Obama as Polar Opposites, looking into a mirror, with Agendas to keep this Country weak. Ive learned from ATS, that around this time, those claiming neutrality, when it comes to left and right, show their true colors, in the end. Sorry if I ranted before, but Romneys personal life, is nothing, compared to the political lives of both of these men, who are running for President. Their characters were bought and paid for, or molded early to play parts, in a bigger picture. Just MHO.

I agree both provide too much evidence of fealty to big finance. I still am angry we've not seen banksters doing the perp walk. Though I know charges of this sort are near impossible to convict on, nothing excuses not trying, if only to send a signal to the rest of us. I do though think there is a genuine contrast that can be made between the two (I guess I am violating my no Obama thing, so I rescind that): when Obama left Harvard he turned down all the huge offers from Wall Street and instead chose to pretty much live in poverty for a short period as a community organizer (something I still I don't why the Right ridicules that, other than it revealing more about themselves). We can't deny his sense of service, even if it might have been calculating for the long term. Mitt, by contrast, leveraged Daddy's contacts to immediately chase money, no matter how.

edit on 29-9-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lawgiver
So, after reading your post, your basis for not liking him is that Romney is a jerk. A certain pompousness that seems to have been taught or rather silver spoon fed to him from an early age. I did not know of all those examples, but it does seem to show a pattern of behavior. I don't think its that he's a jerk, but its more complicated. Documented sources talking about Mitt's bullying behavior at his private high school show a disturbing picture of someone who will resort to violence very quickly if someone offends him. A jerk, a bully, someone with no sympathy for the poor. How the GOP thought this person was a good candidate is beyond me.

He does seem to have a short temper when challenged, as well as a need to win no matter how. For him, a win is clearly a win and honor plays no part. I also see a certain patriarchal bent from his Mormon upbringing where the woman are not granted leadership roles and are meant to be subservient to their husbands. I wonder how many of his daughters-in-law work.

Here's another thing most don't know: Did you know Mitt paid for the contract with the surrogate mother for his son during the son's and wife's surrogate pregnancy? Mitt had a clause that allowed him to demand the woman abort her pregnancy if the child was determined in the womb to be, for example, a Down's Syndrome baby or otherwise congenitally impaired? Mitt's abortion clause So Mitt is pro-life, except where his own potential grandchildren are concerned.
edit on 29-9-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Okay, so if Mitt Romney is staunchly anti-abortion, he's wrong. If he's generally anti-abortion with some extreme exceptions, he's.....worse? I'm not getting your point here. Your story is fascinating and makes it sound like Romney has a heart more than anything else, in not removing the choice by personal belief when that choice would be the logical medical one to make.

I would wonder how that position taken, even that briefly and narrowly, squares with Salt Lake City, but then that's Romney's Faith and for him to worry about which...interestingly...wouldn't seem to be fanatic after all.

All in all, it makes Mittens more human and easier to vote for, not less so. I keep waiting for the big whammy...the big story that would actually be meaningful and important. The Affair he tried to hide......or the horrible evil deed he spent a fortune and years to bury.... You know, something that would make a difference. Chappaquiddick? A little splash?

All the public gets? Stories of tax returns...a businessman who (gasp) made money and was very successful at doing it...and indiscretions or bad sportsmanship examples from childhood reunions? We're all aware of the histories and personal stories of our past President's, right?
Romney sounds downright stuffy and boring so far.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Personally speaking the dog incident was enough for me to hate him. When I read up further on the man and his politics then I loathed him.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
The over emotional liberals in this thread sound worried about Mitt. Nit-picking details? Geez. Nothing anything else hasn't done.

Can't you guys just accept the fact that you guys are afraid of change, and don't want to move "Forward?"

The economy is a far greater issue than if he burped at a picnic table. Seriously.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
The over emotional liberals in this thread sound worried about Mitt. Nit-picking details? Geez. Nothing anything else hasn't done.

Can't you guys just accept the fact that you guys are afraid of change, and don't want to move "Forward?"

The economy is a far greater issue than if he burped at a picnic table. Seriously.

In the case of The Romney Unit I suspect that it would be more a case of "Forward" into a brick wall that then blows up and falls over. The man's the most inept campaigner I've ever seen, he's flip-flopped so many times that his brain must have whiplash and he's sold what remains of his soul to the neocons.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I, for one, can't wait for the debates on Oct 3rd.

We'll see who bumbles there!

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
I, for one, can't wait for the debates on Oct 3rd.

We'll see who bumbles there!

Apparently the Romney Unit has been programmed with a set of 'zingers' in the forlorn hope that he sounds like Saint Ronnie. He's going to have to hope that Obama falls over and hits his head, so that he enters the debate with concussion.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This is one of many things that helped make up my mind about Romney.

Rational thinking matters.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Rather petty thread

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

I would not expect anything less from a "successful" politician/business man. You need to be an "asshat" to be successful. To step over your own mother to reach your goals.

He is the kind of guy who would say ..it is not enough that i should succeed others must fail.. kind of guy

I really do not know why this comes as a surprise

edit on 30-9-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
How is it that this guy gets out of serving the country by claiming it goes against his religious beliefs yet he has the gall to claim he has what it takes to be the commander and Chief of all the United States Armed Forces?

To me he represents an all new low for presidential candidates.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
His personal life or the fact he tripped someone to win a foot race at a family function as kid mean absolutely nothing to me.

Can the next President face an unwinnable economic enigma and find any solution at all? In the end, that is the only question which matters, on any level. If THAT one can't be answered...and answered well, nothing else matters for the wasteland which failure there creates, IMO.
edit on 29-9-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

With the utmost respect, I must point out that the woman Mr. Romney tripped in the aforementioned foot race was his daughter-in-law. So he was no "kid".

Your next point is profound. We all see the economic crisis. Most of us see the climate crisis (regardless of cause, it's happening.) Many, like me, are very concerned about the likelihood of global oil supplies reaching their peak. So what philosophy is more likely to mitigate the effects of these Very Bad Things? The one that says "Take what you can when you can"? Or is survival more likely when seen through the lens of a "community organizer"?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
well, after this debacle of the leaderless leader we have now, Mittens isn't any better or worse for that matter.

thanks to the OP, at least i'm now more familiar with his egotistical, narcissistic, selfish and less than appealing personal attributes.

however, to add to the OP, his incessant need to fix things he has never even attempted to create, support or participate in really bothers me.

what does he know about public schools ?
military functions ?
war or the diplomatic skill of averting them ??

how has he improved the economy of the State he governed ??
how well was his governorship received by the ppl/citizens of the State ?
how much support for the POTUS nomination came from Massachusetts (delegates) ?

and lastly, isn't anyone questioning his family connections with the Mexican cartels ???
[it's only been 4 or 5 decades of influence, nothing major
i suppose ]

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Interesting OP! S & F.

It's possible that Romney has Asperger's syndrome. It's one of the disorders in the autism spectrum. The reason I say this is because of his lack of empathy, disregard for those around him and strange comments/reactions to the public. And, yes, there are many other symptoms or behavioural characteristics, so I'm more than likely wrong, but you never know! For example, from Wikipedia:

Social interaction

The lack of demonstrated empathy is possibly the most dysfunctional aspect of Asperger syndrome.[2] Individuals with AS experience difficulties in basic elements of social interaction, which may include a failure to develop friendships or to seek shared enjoyments or achievements with others (for example, showing others objects of interest), a lack of social or emotional reciprocity, and impaired nonverbal behaviors in areas such as eye contact, facial expression, posture, and gesture.[1]
People with AS may not be as withdrawn around others as those with other, more debilitating, forms of autism; they approach others, even if awkwardly. For example, a person with AS may engage in a one-sided, long-winded speech about a favorite topic, while misunderstanding or not recognizing the listener's feelings or reactions, such as a need for privacy or haste to leave.[8] This social awkwardness has been called "active but odd".[1] This failure to react appropriately to social interaction may appear as disregard for other people's feelings, and may come across as insensitive.[8] However, not all individuals with AS will approach others. Some of them may even display selective mutism, speaking not at all to most people and excessively to specific people. Some may choose to talk only to people they like.[29]

It's more than likely that he doesn't, and could just be his inherent bigoted demeanour. Then again, he could be a sociopath.

NB: I'm not making a joke out of a serious disorder, I have a friend who has Asperger's Syndrome.
edit on 30-9-2012 by roblot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

I was a resident of Massachusetts while Romney was govenor, and while I agree with pretty much everything you said in the OP and despise Mitt also, I despise Obama even more, so I have no choice but to vote for Romney because this country will not survive another 4 years like the last 4.

How hopeless has this country become to have these two pathetic excuses for candidates?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I agree. He is one of the worst candidates ever. I would even prefer Bush....yes. I would prefer Bush over this snake. Bush had a simplicity to him. Vile, but simple. Romney is a complicated and convoluted douche with deep seeded personality problems.

edit on 1-10-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
i will tell you why I dislike Romney. I am a republican from Arizona and was a state delegate to our convention. During the convention Romney and his campaign, cheated, deceived and disenfranchised hundreds of precinct committeemen and women. We are republicans and we just couldn't understand why he would need to cheat if he was such a sure thing... as it was, the ron paul campaign won about 7 of 15 delegate spots yet after Romney changed the rules and cheated, we were left with only 2 delegates... the list of wrongs is too long to deal with here but I am honest when i say he has no character, no moral compass and wants to win at all costs... but in so doing - he will lose.

additionally, since i am a republican pc and donor, my name got on Romney's mailing list and in his correspondence to me he played his cards and lost. He decided to send me a 8x11 glossy of him on some farm and i just puked... like i really want a picture of him? So the most important reason I could not vote for him is his vanity. I think vanity / pride is a deadly sin... and i can't vote for that.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Good points. He is quite the self-obsessed, egotistical twit. But at least he isn't a mass murderer. Now THAT's a reason to loathe someone.

So you loathe Obama, too, don't you, OP?

/TOA

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join