Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The Ultimate Pyramid Crisis - The Math Doesn't Lie

page: 1
12
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
This really lays out how we are in serious trouble and how it will seem almost fine right up until the collapse of things and not only will it be financial and economical but it will be energy food water and environment. How it keeps expanding exponentially. While there is a bit of a slant on it (isn't there always?) I believe these guys lay out just how dangerously close we really are. Before you dismiss this as just more doom and gloom hype these guys really give the whys and numbers better then most..

I almost put this in global financial melt down but is is more then that and info we all need to survive the collapse.

They also talk about peak oil but not like you think they explain it not that we are going to run out its that production is already behind demand and that will make prices skyrocket at some point. I usually don;t listen to peak oil arguments but these guys make a lot of sense.

Still I think there is a lot of info in there that people need to know....


Economist Richard Duncan: Civilization May Not Survive 'Death Spiral'
By Terry Weiss, Money Morning

Richard Duncan, formerly of the World Bank and chief economist at Blackhorse Asset Mgmt., says America's $16 trillion federal debt has escalated into a "death spiral, "as he told CNBC.

And it could result in a depression so severe that he doesn't "think our civilization could survive it."

And Duncan is not alone in warning that the U.S. economy may go into a "death spiral."

Since the recession, noted economists including Laurence Kotlikoff, a former member of President Reagan's Council of Economic Advisers, have come to similar conclusions.

Kotlikoff estimates the true fiscal gap is $211 trillion when unfunded entitlements like Social Security and Medicare are included.

However, while the debt crisis numbers are well known to most Americans, the economy hasn't suffered a major correction for almost 4 years.

So the questions remain: Is the threat of collapse for real? And if so, when?

A team of scientists, economists, and geopolitical analysts believes they have proof that the threat is indeed real - and the danger imminent.

One member of this team, Chris Martenson, a pathologist and former VP of a Fortune 300 company, explains their findings:

"We found an identical pattern in our debt, total credit market, and money supply that guarantees they're going to fail. This pattern is nearly the same as in any pyramid scheme, one that escalates exponentially fast before it collapses. Governments around the globe are chiefly responsible.
Link



www.youtube.com...

edit on 29-9-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)




posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye
 


Sounds familiar, we have all been saying it for years now. I have posted the same opinion, as have many others on these forums.

I wander how long it will really be, I wander how bad it be? Will it be like the great depression? Will it be like mad max? Will it be much worse? Like way worse? Like way way worse?

I hope not, I hope it will be closer to Icelands readjustment, but I don't see that scenario playing out.

Hopefully I am wrong and so are all the others that have this oppinion at the moment.



posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional
 


Well they show the proof and supposedly they have shown it to 16 governments. Its going to be bad because no one is doing anything about it.

With oil there are alternatives like ethanol and biodeisel etc. with food and water use there is aquaponics and rain water, with the economy and financials there is sound money like gold and silver etc. But the problem is governments have us on this collision course so there is going to be a huge crash in all of these that will devastate society. In the long run I thing it will be a good thing but we are going to have at least 20 years of some severe pain.

Society will have to change to more self sufficient decentralized localized and regional communities however it looks like our recklessness is going to force us to change when it all collapses. A lot of people are going to die. Government is not going to do it we have to start doing it now.



posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye
 

If you're "in power", you're going to look out for #1 (yourself, first, those dear to you, next).
Most intelligent individuals accept that we are on an unsustainable course, with one of the greatest contributing factors being "world population"...
Cataclysm/s, be they from the sky, earth, war or disease/plague are almost "wished for" (especially by those that frequent this website/forum)...because the population reduction will be handled by someone-other than "those that should" do something about it (being - Us).
In the mean-time, TPTB will simply use the lead-up to hedge themselves, and attempt/prepare to somehow secure a similar posture (as TPTB) after the dust/fallout settles.



posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by WanDash
reply to post by hawkiye
 

If you're "in power", you're going to look out for #1 (yourself, first, those dear to you, next).
Most intelligent individuals accept that we are on an unsustainable course, with one of the greatest contributing factors being "world population"...
Cataclysm/s, be they from the sky, earth, war or disease/plague are almost "wished for" (especially by those that frequent this website/forum)...because the population reduction will be handled by someone-other than "those that should" do something about it (being - Us).
In the mean-time, TPTB will simply use the lead-up to hedge themselves, and attempt/prepare to somehow secure a similar posture (as TPTB) after the dust/fallout settles.



True but I think their fatal flaw is they think people will continue to except fiat currency when the dust settles and I doubt they will after just coming through hell on earth compared to what they were used before society as we know it collapsed.

The weird part of this is it does seem to fit right into the agenda of depopulation and of course the elites think they are the ones who will be left standing. So they know it is unsustainable but will let it runs its course to give them as much time to prepare as they can. That would explain all the government hoarding of supplies ammo etc. and I am sure the elites are doing the same in private too. Question is do they have a portion of the military on board to protect them when the masses look to lynch them?



posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
yeah,. well just what is keeping us going?
why are we still chugging along and I see people at stores buying as usual
and it seems like business as always,. kinda hard to believe this "crisis" is at all possible.
Market seems stable, gas prices are at a normal for the per barrel price, food prices are normal
considering the recent drought,.
Honestly,. it just seems like a scare tactic,. keep em in fear



posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Great Thread !

I believe when it all comes crumbling down, those in Power, will still be in Power. Gold Silver? Who the hell is going to want it, when it comes down to daily survival? When the need for food, outstrips the need for Wealth? Just my take on it. You will see more Bartering, when it all comes crumbling down.



posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
That would explain all the government hoarding of supplies ammo etc. and I am sure the elites are doing the same in private too. Question is do they have a portion of the military on board to protect them when the masses look to lynch them?


Unless the masses know the locations of their underground cities, then no one is going to lynch them.



posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
True but I think their fatal flaw is they think people will continue to except fiat currency when the dust settles and I doubt they will after just coming through hell on earth compared to what they were used before society as we know it collapsed.

The weird part of this is it does seem to fit right into the agenda of depopulation and of course the elites think they are the ones who will be left standing. So they know it is unsustainable but will let it runs its course to give them as much time to prepare as they can. That would explain all the government hoarding of supplies ammo etc. and I am sure the elites are doing the same in private too. Question is do they have a portion of the military on board to protect them when the masses look to lynch them?

I don't think they're so dim as to hold out for their "fiat currency" to maintain its sway... I think that the only ones who will hold to such an idiocy...are those hypnotized by the carrot-on-the-stick to the last breaths of this current system.
And, as you say - there's no way they can/will know that they will survive any such catastrophe...but I would be willing to wager that they have considered (and even hoarded) new forms of "fiat currency" for such a probability. (thinking of "The Book of Eli" -- water source)



posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Great Thread !

You will see more Bartering, when it all comes crumbling down.
I agree, bartering will be the Norm as Society evens out , Probably three months or so.

Before then, with the Avg Household having a weeks worth of food, Lock and Load.

People will kill each other over a Snickers Bar.

Excellent Video, They present 6 Scenarios of the Collapse, with a Concensus being WATER as the Catalyst.



posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
yeah,. well just what is keeping us going?
why are we still chugging along and I see people at stores buying as usual
and it seems like business as always,. kinda hard to believe this "crisis" is at all possible.
Market seems stable, gas prices are at a normal for the per barrel price, food prices are normal
considering the recent drought,.
Honestly,. it just seems like a scare tactic,. keep em in fear


I hear you that's what I thought at first. However that is what is so good about the video they explain why things will seem pretty normal right up to the end. They show how the exponential growth in all the areas keeps doubling faster and faster each time it happens. demand is out pacing production. Like in the 1940's to 1970s it took something like 30 years to double but from the 70's to the 80's10 years then 8 and then 5 up to 2011 the collapse won't happen till right at the end and we are getting pretty close and then it will speed up to warp speed and it will all crash. Of course they explain the details well worth the watch. I do not agree with them entirely however I do think they are on to something here and not far off how it will happen. The math proves it will happen its just debatable how exactly but they show the math and a lot of evidence for their version unlike most I have seen.

Anyway when I first saw it I was like oh wow everyone needs to see this and I still feel that way however people will do what they will. As the saying goes you can lead a horse to water... I posted this in hopes of inspiring people to prepare.



posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash
 


while you are correct that most wish for some depopulation scenario another scenario is more preferable. It would have been nice that along with this era in oil production we invested heavily on new technology for energy, space travel, investigate things like physics more and stop pissing our resources away in wars with each other. With that being said we probably would have found another habitable planet by now or been able to terraform Mars or Venus. Imagine having 3 planet in our solar system capable of sustaining human life. Not only would this introduce new resources but may prove bountiful for some older resources we haven't quite shed our dependence on yet.



posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by HellstormRising
reply to post by WanDash
 


while you are correct that most wish for some depopulation scenario another scenario is more preferable. It would have been nice that along with this era in oil production we invested heavily on new technology for energy, space travel, investigate things like physics more and stop pissing our resources away in wars with each other. With that being said we probably would have found another habitable planet by now or been able to terraform Mars or Venus. Imagine having 3 planet in our solar system capable of sustaining human life. Not only would this introduce new resources but may prove bountiful for some older resources we haven't quite shed our dependence on yet.

Can't fault your suggestions on how it should have been... But ...I am not as "optimistic" with regard to the result of spreading our species throughout the universe (inhabiting other/more planets) at this point in our social maturity. ...just prolonging more of the same...



posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
As for this video,..
all I kept thinking.."But wait theres more"

for just $20 bucks you get this survival knife and solar blanket..

stay on line to receive our financial guide to gold investments..
Interesting info,. but these guys are salesmen participation
edit on 29-9-2012 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
As for this video,..
all I kept thinking.."But wait theres more"

for just $20 bucks you get this survival knife and solar blanket..

Interesting info,. but these guys are salesmen participation


Yeah but the info is still valid I just ignore the sales pitch at the end.

reply to post by Tw0Sides
 



Excellent Video, They present 6 Scenarios of the Collapse, with a Concensus being WATER as the Catalyst.


I am watching this video now and so far I like it better then the one I posted in the OP. both put forth some good evidence that collapse is mathematically inevitable.
edit on 29-9-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Well,, Im ready for what ever,. unless of course the US is Nuked or an asteroid hits the planet

Have been for a few years now..



posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Kotlikoff estimates the true fiscal gap is $211 trillion when unfunded entitlements like Social Security and Medicare are included.


Not to worry. If the debt gets too big, the Federal Reserve cronies will simply order the Treasury Dept to print more money. We'll never run out of money unless we run out of paper. But then I guess they could print it on non-biodegradable plastic. Or baby seal hides.

Repeat after me: We should trust them implicitly. They will always take care of us. They only have our best interests at heart...



posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Many people don't realize that many states have a GDP that equals many countries, California alone could be the worlds 8th largest economy.

All that it would take is some Iceland type action here, and most states could recover almost instantly.

Round up the bankers, its all fake debt, doesn't exist, we simply need to awaken to that fact.



posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
What would a collapse even look like? People would turn to old methods like trade and barter in order to get the supplies they need to survive; people would start growing their own food on our awful soil; we'd likely transition from a service economy into a labor economy.

I mean it's going to be rough but I'm pretty sure we'll survive as a people.



posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I'm sure the world powers have a population number that is acceptable to meet their agenda of saving the earth's environment. There are a few companies doing a booming business in prefab underground shelters that a family can live in for several years without seeing the light of day. Washington orders the most. They can come with weaponry and camera's. The weapons can be operated remotely from a command station inside the bunkers.





new topics

top topics



 
12
<<   2 >>

log in

join