It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Below is a tally of the money raised and spent through July by the presidential candidates, the national party committees and the primary “super PACs” whose sole purpose is to support a candidate. Contribution and spending totals do not include money raised or held by each candidate’s “victory fund,” a joint fund-raising committee that will distribute funds to the campaigns and party committees. In addition to these committees, nonprofit groups that do not have to file with the Federal Election Commission and other super PACs have spent at least $65 million more on television advertising, almost all of it against President Obama or in support of Mitt Romney.
Originally posted by JIMC5499
If your union can make a donation to anybody who has a say in contract negotiations then that should be illegal.
Originally posted by Grimpachi
This really makes me mad. Has he forgoten teachers are people.
It makes me wonder if this guy is human.
Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by Grimpachi
This is so typical of the Republican mindset.
1. Elections funded by wealthy corporations are fine, but elections funded by unions is wrong!
2. Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck and FOX shouldn't be subject to "The Fairness Doctrine", but the "liberal media" should be held to a standard that includes reporting both sides of an issue.
3. Voter ID is great and doesn't suppress the vote, but reporting accurate election poll numbers is cheating, and suppressing the vote!
4. Massachusetts healthcare is great! But national healthcare is an abomination!
5. The wealthy can pay lower taxes and hide their money around the world, but the middle class has to pay their fair share.
:shk: It goes on and on and on...
I'm not suggesting that the Democratic party doesn't have its own share of hypocrisy, but this is the most blatant and obvious hypocrisy I've ever seen.
Originally posted by 46ACE
So I guess public unions should buy politicians?