It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every US president believed in redistribution of wealth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
That is what taxes do. For a long time it made us a great and powerful nation. Now spoiled rich kids would rather watch us go down the drain. All taxes redistribute wealth for the common good. That is what they are. That is what they do.

I would write a lot more but the last time I put actual effort into an OP, only one person was even able to understand the topic and address it.

So I will see if anyone can be on topic and reply to that.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wascurious

I think most thinking folks will not argue with the premise. Taxes are the kitty everyone chips into to help support the greater good. Let's skip all the different species of taxes for the moment.

Personally, I do not mind as long as that kitty is well spent. I may not agree with every expenditure and realize not every expenditure affects me. So be it. It's still OK to chip in.

My concern is what happens when those taxes are ill managed...no...scratch ill managed, plain old pissed away and stolen from. At that point my generosity ends. Perhaps this is where a lot of anger is generated among other Americans.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by wascurious
That is what taxes do. For a long time it made us a great and powerful nation. Now spoiled rich kids would rather watch us go down the drain. All taxes redistribute wealth for the common good. That is what they are. That is what they do.

I would write a lot more but the last time I put actual effort into an OP, only one person was even able to understand the topic and address it.

So I will see if anyone can be on topic and reply to that.

Taxes do not 'redistribute' money from the wealthy to the poor.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
taxes used to redistibute wealth, when corporations paid 90% tax your government was paid for by the uber rich, now they pay 25% and rich people pay 13%(romney tax rate) so your food stamps(ssi, disabilty, unemployment) come from taxing mostly poor to middleclass americans who pay at 40% percent or higher, so you see taxes can work for the poor or middle class or work against them as they do now in their current incarnation. I think we should just make a law that says anything over 2 billion needs to be taken away from corporations and individuals and directly deposited into the bank accounts of poor and middleclass americans! yeah free money!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
But tax distribution is different than live by the means give by the means.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The government was given the power of taxation to fund it's self not rob from the rich and give to the poor,

Out of $3.5 trillion dollars in tax revenue collected why is there still poverty in this country?

They blow that cash and then keep taking more and blowing that cash the cycle never ends.

Rinse and Repeat,.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
If our country stopped giving all the money to other countries then all would be good. Our doors are open to immigration so I see no need to supply other countries with our cash that should stay in country.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nrd101
I think we should just make a law that says anything over 2 billion needs to be taken away from corporations and individuals and directly deposited into the bank accounts of poor and middleclass americans! yeah free money!

You've got my vote.

Some great points, so far.

top topics

join