It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Putin Wants Obama to Win

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
There has to be a reason besides whats on the surface. A economically weaker US is always good for the cold war enemy. Besides possible increase in russian exports (Defense Hardware), it also curbs the expansion of NATO upto certain extent (if indeed that was part of the fear by Kremlin).

But it wasn't only Medvedev and his pro-Western supporters who became critical of the Republican's views. Although President Vladimir Putin recently thanked Romney for his openness regarding the "No.1 foe" comment, he also indicated that it would be hard for the Kremlin to work with Romney as president, especially on sensitive security issues such as the missile defense system. During Putin's interview with RT state television, he also called Obama an "honest man who really wants to change much for the better." This comment was widely viewed as Putin's most direct endorsement of Obama in the presidential race.

LINK
Your thoughts/comments/opinions/viewpoints please.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Obama is a full tilt diva, he's a movie star, he's a Nobel Winner....he's slated to get an Oscar even...

Who wouldn't like him better than Mittens? And Romneys hair has a better chance of winning than Romney does...secretary of state Vidal Sisson.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

You do remember recent history right?

Obama telling putin he would have more leeway after the elections.. Especially involving the missile defense in some way If I am thinking right.

meanwhile your avatar is an add for cigarets? Yuck.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I wonder what kind of "change" Putin thinks is good change?

Has anyone stopped and looked at Russia recently? Not a very good country.

Putin would probably love to see The United States of America buckle under economic pressure, and collapse.

And if we keep following the current administrations financial precidents, that's exactly what will happen.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle
I wonder what kind of "change" Putin thinks is good change?

Has anyone stopped and looked at Russia recently? Not a very good country.

Putin would probably love to see The United States of America buckle under economic pressure, and collapse.

And if we keep following the current administrations financial precidents, that's exactly what will happen.

Don't know where you get your info from but Russia along with China, Brasil and India is emerging as global economic giant. They will be the economic superpowers of tomorrow.

edit on 27-9-2012 by MarcellusWallace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

It's not about the economy guys.. Neither one of them can fix it at this point. Have you looked at the US economy lately? Putin is used to Obama, and they may have secret deals in the works that havn't come out yet because they could make Obama look really bad whatever they are. Probably something that makes him look weak, which worries me a a lot, because we already look weak enough.

I don't expect Romney is the decided winner, unless Obama is pissing off too many Israelis...

I wouldn't want to have to talk to Romney either.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This confuses me! Russia, allong with all the other BRICS nations, were suppose to stand up against the US, France and England. Now Putin is endorsing him?

And here I though sides have already been chosen for WW3. Can somebody offer any kind of explanation, except the one where and old cold war foe would love to see economic break down in the other's country.?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Because republicans don't crap from second rate left over commies that's why.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
reply to post by hp1229

You do remember recent history right?
Obama telling putin he would have more leeway after the elections.. Especially involving the missile defense in some way If I am thinking right. meanwhile your avatar is an add for cigarets? Yuck.

Yes I do remember the hot microphone incident.
The avatar is a 1991 YZR 500

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
My step-mom is a Russian citizen and her and my dad have been in Russian for the last year or so. When I asked them about what the average Russian thought they said most Russians just can't understand why Romney seems hot and heavy to restart the Cold War. No idea what Putin actually thinks.

top topics

join