It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Hypocrisy.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+62 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Just been reading the latest Assange thread, inclusive of his latest speech. A speech which is probably one of his MOST detrimental yet to the PTB, and more importantly that of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

A phrase I find slightly amusing my self, as from what I gather, you aren't united at all.

It's absolutely amazes me to see some people on this site and throughout the world in general, that ACTUALLY BELIEVE Assange has done your country a DISSERVICE.

Are you freaking kidding me?

Julian Assange has been careful with the information he has leaked. Do you really believe they release everything they have? What has he leaked so far that would endanger the life of your soldiers? The soldiers who, by the way, are by majority, cold blooded killers.

Julian Assange has saved many lives, no doubt, by making the US and allied forces think twice before breaking international law and killing innocent civilians.

The people who still persecute Assange, including those on this site are blindly patriotic, or have an agenda.

Its all Assanges fault aye?

Bearing in mind if your government didn't commit these crimes, there would be no whistle to blow.

Oops, that pictures facts are little off

Keep spouting your hypocritical bull crap, your only lying to your self, close your eyes and allow all your freedoms to be taken away, including your own government ILLEGALLY detaining one of your few REAL PATRIOTS and BREAKING INTERNATIONAL LAW ON TORTURE, that they so willingly persecute in any country but your own and that of your allies. Keep your head buried in the sand as they SPIT on international DIPLOMACY and encroach FOREIGN EMBASSY RIGHTS, keep your blind fold on, as they OPENLY halt the freedom of TRUTH, press, and HUMAN RIGHTS.

PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR EVIDENCE OF HUMAN RIGHTS LAWS BEING BROKEN (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT): Your Hero Soldiers

Keep defending your so called government as they drag you into more ILLEGAL WARS, as was the last Iraqi war, a LIE BUILT ON FOUNDATIONS MADE OF SAND. Rejoice as your troops are to remain in Afghanistan TO DEFEND OIL AND OPIUM FIELDS, that are not even for the benefit of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, BUT TO LINE THE POCKETS OF YOUR PETROLEUM COMPANIES AND THE OLDEST BANKS IN THE WORLD.

Opium Production, ever on the Increase.

All for a good cause though right? BECAUSE THOSE OIL BARRENS, DRUG TRAFFICKERS, AND BANKERS HAVE DONE SO MUCH TO HELP YOU! RIGHT?

And the above is probably 1/10,000 of the reality of what's actually been going on, but hey, I haven't got time document it all, there are most likely 1 Million threads on ATS covering individual examples of Hypocrisy from the US of A. In fact, it's all there in the back of your wee minds.

Anyway, have:

edit on 27-9-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2012 by Sinny because: miss spelled title as it was orginally entitled Hypocracy - a word play on democracy, I didn't think you'd get it aha

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

edit on 10/11/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

+37 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Isn't the British government the one trying to arrest Assange? I don't keep up with the Assange stuff, but I thought that was the case.

Oh... and the Nazi's? It was the Munich agreement - otherwise known as the Chamberlain accord that let Hitler out of the bag, so to speak.

A little "practice what you preach" goes a long way.

~Heff

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I'm an Irish Loyalist, so your barking up the wrong tree

+20 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I'm an Irish American!

But neither of our loyalties or pedigrees change the facts.

~Heff

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

The facts?

The facts are its NOT Britain who want him in court. Its the US abusing the Extradition treaty AGAIN as they have since its inception.

If he were stuck in an Embassy in America, our poor boy would be dead all ready from a "tragic gas leak" or summin.

Besides, as bad as Britain is, they still didn't nuke a few hundred thousand Japs.

edit on 27-9-2012 by Sinny because: Corrected stats

+39 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Selective history is a bad thing Sinny... England doesn't have a sterling history at all regarding warfare. It was the nation that perfected the idea of Empire in the modern world and engaged in travesties globally. Of course a girl from Ireland knows these things, and they should strike home.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki cost roughly 180,000 lives, if memory serves, but ended a war that had something along the lines of 60,000,000 causalities ( again going by memory here. ) So cherry picking roughly 0.003% of those deaths to take a moral stand about... Well that is kind of hypocritical.

hypocritical
Definition
hy·po·crit·i·cal[ hìppə kríttik'l ]
ADJECTIVE
1. falsely claiming high principles: showing, originating from, or of the nature of hypocrisy

Source for definition

~Heff

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Fact of the matter is America doesn't care about the rest of the world and why should it. If your top dog, it's because you worked to get there, be that ethical work or not (including hypocrisy, show me a government that isn't hypocritical). Empires from time past were all the same and they all fall eventually.

Spouting hate on an internet forum is going to change what? Suck it up and get over it.... oh and I'm not American but I can see the bigger picture, the sooner you realise America doesn't care about you and what you think the better and the better for this forum too (10 hate America threads a day here).

This is the world you and I live in, accept it or get up and change it.... I'm lazy and I've accepted it, what are you doing?

Of course this is just my opinion.
edit on 27-9-2012 by RiverRunsFree because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2012 by RiverRunsFree because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Yes, as a girl who had her family torn apart and killed by the British government, I'm well aware they are not innocent.

This isn't an American hating thread as the poster above would have you believe, did you miss my reference to Bradley Manning? I'm here in support of the REAL patriots, and as my thread says, this is in retaliation to those defending the persecution of Julian Assange.

Also, the reaction from the above poster proves my point.

As for what I have done about it? I attend my Anti- War, Anti-Corporation protests, as anyone on here familiar with me can tell you.

Same old knee jerk reaction isn't it? Ohh noo, somebody bashing an aspect of America!! Then your BLIND patriotism kicks in.

+34 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

No blind patriotism here Sinny. My posting history proves it. Neither am I naive however nor selective about who I blame for the worlds woes. Greed and corporate avarice is to blame - not a single nation.

Now, go author a thread about the horrendous injustices done by the Chinese towards the Tibetans and I'll happily talk about it. Or start a thread about how the US Government is mistreating people and overrunning its own authority and I'll also happily agree.

But to lay all the blame on one target? To make America the sole source of the worlds woes? C'mon now, we're all better than that. America has done good things and bad things, as has every nation. Currently we're just the target of opportunity. But we are certainly not the only candidate for the role of villain.

~Heff

ETA: By the way, flag on the field.... What other posters say has nothing to do with me. Poor form!

edit on 9/27/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
your two governments (British and US) are one and the same. I'm just not sure yet, which is the dog and which is the master. They are both controlled by the same money men.

edit:

btw. nice thread. I agree with what you stated...just don't be fooled that the Brits had nothing to do with it.
edit on 27-9-2012 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by RiverRunsFree

I think the point has nothing to do with America being hated. Instead, it has more to do with Americas "do as I say and not as i do" attitude.

So my question to you is....if America is such a beacon of light and liberty...why this attitude towards other countries? What makes America sooooo special aside from being able to buy its way into history?

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

Yes, as a girl who had her family torn apart and killed by the British government, I'm well aware they are not innocent.

This isn't an American hating thread as the poster above would have you believe, did you miss my reference to Bradley Manning? I'm here in support of the REAL patriots, and as my thread says, this is in retaliation to those defending the persecution of Julian Assange.

Also, the reaction from the above poster proves my point.

As for what I have done about it? I attend my Anti- War, Anti-Corporation protests, as anyone on here familiar with me can tell you.

Same old knee jerk reaction isn't it? Ohh noo, somebody bashing an aspect of America!! Then your BLIND patriotism kicks in.

Sure reads like an American hate thread, and the title? Who are you kidding.

So you've protested, what did you change? Why not become a politician and put some real effort in because your protesting has done nothing has it.

And who's being a BLIND patriot, where are you getting this from? please quote or was it a knee jerk reaction on your part?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

My comments about patriotism weren't aimed at you, I was trying to kill 2 birds with 1 stone aha.

Where does it state the "worlds woes" are based solely on American shoulders?

See what happens now, after the "America Hating" card, is the "but that country done this, and that country done that" card.

Tit for Tat, and Eye for an Eye.

That's just not how it should work.

I chose AMERICA for this thread, as, after all, you have proclaimed your selves to be the worlds police, you do get involved in **sovereign** politics.

And you are BY FAR the most hypocritical country on the face of the Earth. For the last 60 years anyway.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Uncle Sam wears the hat of a bankster.

This has been the philosophy for some time.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by RiverRunsFree

Another hate thread I see.... lovely.

Your very first line was a knee jerk reaction.

Ohh that's brilliant advice! "Your protests have achieved nothing, why do you run for Parliament?"

Unless your replies start getting a little smarter, I shall not reply again.

1) You know nothing of my protests, so you are unable to make that claim (FYI they've been very successful)
2) Run for Parliament? I'm sorry I didn't come from riches or worthy lineage, plus, my back ground check would put me on terrorist alert. Did you know you have to have gone to the exclusive Eton College to become an MP?
3)What have you done that's so worthy? (and remember not to answer, unless its a rational point)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Well said Sinny and nice handling of the rebuttal. If we keep clutching to symbols instead of realising what it is they represent we will lose both.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Julian Assange has been careful with the information he has leaked. Do you really believe they release everything they have? What has he leaked so far that would endanger the life of your soldiers? The soldiers who, by the way, are by majority, cold blooded killers.

Wow - I didn't know that. I'll be the first to admit that there have been and are some sick twisted folks in the military. The photo's you linked attest that at least a few are - no doubt about that.

But the current US military size is about1.4million active and another roughly 860k reserves (as of 2010) source

So that's over 2 million people and most of them are cold blooded killers? Any stats that indicate what % of that 2million are actually cold blooded killers? You wouldn't want to accuse most from the actions of a few would you?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Kastogere

Read my post again, I'm not saying America is a beacon of light, I'm almost saying the opposite.

Try to pick out the points I was making. They are a powerful country, the only way they got there was by using methods that are not ethical (including hypocrisy), like any other Empire, why do people expect anything different from them? I can accept this, others can't and complain on a forum.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Well, after reading this OP, I sure as heck am happy to be Canadian...

Not saying your facts aren't straight Sinny but there are always two sides to a coin. Two to tango...

Oh...and please do put some armored suit or sumtin'...I feel you're gonna need it...

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

My comments about patriotism weren't aimed at you, I was trying to kill 2 birds with 1 stone aha.

Fair enough!

Where does it state the "worlds woes" are based solely on American shoulders?

I was merely speaking to the apparent tone of the OP - not quoting you.

See what happens now, after the "America Hating" card, is the "but that country done this, and that country done that" card.

Missing the point here entirely?

Tit for Tat, and Eye for an Eye.
That's just not how it should work.

Again, missing the point. But I agree. An eye for an eye is poor policy and is barbaric. I do fail to see what it has to do with US policy however. The US isn't war based upon an eye for an eye... From what I can see it is more of an "Oh, look... you've got oil" proposition.

I chose AMERICA for this thread, as, after all, you have proclaimed your selves to be the worlds police, you do get involved in **sovereign** politics.

Can you source where this was said please? As far as I understand it, the closest thing to a "world police" that actually exists is the UN Security Council. Not the United States itself.

And you are BY FAR the most hypocritical country on the face of the Earth. For the last 60 years anyway.

Opinions are great things! But at the end of the day, they're just that. Opinions.

~Heff

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join