It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best music in a film..your choice

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Thank you for posting this clip. Somehow I had missed this movie and thanks to you I went and watched it... so heartwarming. Again, thank you.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Close Encounter Of The Third Kind, directed by Steven Spielberg, score by John Williams. The simple "alien-motif" is pure genius. C/D/Bb/lower C/lower G.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
CE3^ for sure(watching it now on amc lol)

28 Days Later had an excellent soundtrack imo.
Had a great feel to it.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Once upon a Time in the West! The background music sets every single scene, it's a masterpiece!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Two of my favorite Vangelis films, Antartica and of course Blade Runner.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by denver22

First thing that comes to mind is the song from D.A.R.Y.L, Somewhere I Belong. LOVE that movie, and such a moving song.

Love all the wonderful Hans Zimmer music from Pirates, too. The man is a genius. Anything by John Williams is good, too. Now, to read the thread.
edit on 28-9-2012 by LadyGreenEyes because: attempt to add video link

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by denver22

Classic sexy tune...

edit on 26-9-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

Two classic movies there, too! And wow, the Gerard McMann version of Cry Little Sister is SO much better than the one in the first sequel!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheFuzzMonster
reply to post by denver22

My personal favorite has to be The Imperial March from Star Wars. I find myself humming it sometimes and no matter what I'm doing it feels pretty epic.

Peace!
edit on 27-9-2012 by TheFuzzMonster because: redundant

My youngest goes around humming it at times! Of course, they are all SW nuts, lol!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
The movie: James Ivory's A Room With A View
The music: Aria from Puccini..O Mio Babbino Caro sung by Kiri te Kanawa

edit on 28-9-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Oh yah Braveheart music for me too! Sets off the Scottish in me.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by 2x Helix

It's a good thing I checked to see if someone else posted the Lord of The Rings music. I love all the soundtrack, especially the Shire music, and some of the pieces during the credits, which I do not know the names of.

This one is haunting

ok Enya's May It Be

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by WonOunce
Once upon a Time in the West! The background music sets every single scene, it's a masterpiece!

"Well done, quentin tarantinos inspiration for his movies...along with good the bad and the ugly etc...
Harmonica played by "charles bronson" chyene played by "jason robards" Frank played by "henry fonda"
Some classic tune moments from the star packed masterpiece the one and only once upon a time in the west

The film portrays two conflicts that take place around Flagstone, a fictional town in the American Old West: a land battle related to construction of a railroad, and a mission of vengeance against a cold-blooded killer. The main storyline revolves around a struggle for Sweetwater, a piece of land near Flagstone containing the region's only water source. The land was bought by Brett McBain, who foresaw that the railroad would have to pass through that area to provide water for the steam locomotives. When railroad tycoon Morton learns of this, he sends his hired gun Frank to simply intimidate McBain to move off the land, but Frank instead kills McBain and his three children, planting evidence on the scene to frame the bandit Cheyenne and his gang. By the time McBain's new bride, Jill, arrives from New Orleans, the family is dead and she is the owner of the land. Henry Fonda as Frank Meanwhile, a mysterious harmonica-playing gunman, whom Cheyenne later dubs "Harmonica", pursues Frank. In the film's opening scene, Harmonica kills three men sent by Frank to kill him, and, in a roadhouse on the way to Sweetwater, he informs Cheyenne that the three gunfighters he killed appeared to be posing as Cheyenne's men. Sometime later, Harmonica kills two men sent by Frank to kill Jill. Back at Sweetwater, construction materials are delivered to build a railroad station and a small town. Harmonica explains to Cheyenne that Jill will lose Sweetwater unless the station is built by the time the track's construction crews reach that point, and Cheyenne puts his men to work building it.
easy by the fact that Morton is crippled. After having his way with her, Frank forces Jill to sell the property in an auction. He tries to buy the farm cheaply by intimidating the other bidders, but Harmonica arrives, holding Cheyenne at gunpoint, and makes a much higher bid based on his reward money for delivering Cheyenne to the authorities. After rebuffing another intimidation attempt by Frank, Harmonica sells the farm back to Jill. At this point, some of Frank's men try to kill Frank, having been paid by Morton to turn against him, but Harmonica helps Frank kill them in order to save that privilege for himself. After Morton and the rest of Frank's men are killed in a battle with Cheyenne's gang, Frank goes to Sweetwater to confront Harmonica. On two occasions, Frank has asked Harmonica who he is, but both times Harmonica refused to answer him. Instead, he mysteriously quoted names of men Frank has murdered. The two men position themselves for a duel, at which point Harmonica's motive for revenge is revealed in one last, clear flashback: When Harmonica was a boy, Frank forced the boy to kill his own brother by tying a noose to the top of an arch, placing it around the brother's neck, and forcing the struggling Harmonica to support his brother on his shoulders with a harmonica in his mouth while playing the song that's heard throughout the film. Harmonica draws first and shoots Frank, and when Frank again asks who he is, he puts the harmonica in Frank's mouth. Frank nods weakly in recognition and dies. With Frank dead, Harmonica and Cheyenne say goodbye to Jill, who is supervising construction of the train station as the track-laying crews reach Sweetwater. Cheyenne collapses almost immediately, revealing that he was shot by Morton while he and his men were fighting Frank's gang. The work train arrives, signaling the arrival of 'civilization' and the end of the Epic age of cowboys and gunfighters; thus the film ends with Jill carrying water to the rail workers and Harmonica riding off with Cheyenne's body towards the horizon. A creature of the frontier, Harmonica can't "settle down" and decides to ride in search of a place where a man like him can still have a role and a reason to exist.

Without films like this pulp fiction's of the world would never have been about...en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Once_Upon_a_Time_in_the_West
edit on 28-9-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Dragon-The Story of Bruce lee

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Last of The Mohicans

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
The song Pippin sings in The Return Of the King is a good one, always gets me a little choked up!

also Realspoke mentioned Donny Darko, another great soundtrack!
edit on 28-9-2012 by dave_welch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Out of Africa

especially when they are flying over the landscape in the plane

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Great thread; S&F!

John Williams captured my imagination and passion when I was exposed to Star Wars (Episode IV). I was young, and something about the music expanded my spirit, perception and awareness. As I grew, I would listen to symphonic music while building with Lincoln Logs and then Legos and model planes and tanks. My tastes expanded to James Horner, Basil Poledouris, Jerry Goldsmith and the other giants of the early 80s - 90s. I have never stopped acquiring and listening to soundtracks (aka scores, aka symphonic music). I must have over 400 CDs in my collection.

One particular, and widely unknown, score of John Williams is my favorite. SPACECAMP. I love the entire score, and there is one selection/cue that is somehow transcendent. "In Orbit." It's when the crew sees the sun rise while orbiting Earth. Watch a sunset (or sunrise) to this piece and you might have a memorable moment.

www.youtube.com...

Oh, and here is a compilation of the highlights of the score (very well done). This captures the best of the entire score, which is pretty amazing, and is a great tribute to Williams and the magic of this little-known score (mainly because the movie bombed at the box office). It is a shame that the movie didn't do better because the score was never released on CD in America, and only 1,000 were produced in CD format in *Japan!* --and as part of a music club. I had the score on cassette, but it was deteriorating. Luckily, I found someone willing to sell me a mint condition CD import (Japanese version) for $125 (in 1999 dollars). For me, though, it was priceless.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 28-9-2012 by GhostLancer because: Added the Compilation/Highlights

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

John Williams absolutely the most expansive uplifting music in movies.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Here is one of my all-time favorites from James Horner. THE ROCKETEER.

This is a montage/highlights/suite, so a very good listen to the high points of this *adventurous* score.

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join