It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 411 In Education

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
What all have you all been educated in thus far in you all's little lives on this little planet?

Any further education you planning on obtaining in the near or distant future?

I'll start this mug off...

I've had education in:

-k-12th grade

-some college (dropped out is why I say some. Ha. Only class I passed was health)

-master travel (course material was outdated. I graduated but was jipped out of my time on that material. It was an over-the-mail course.)

-Went to Full Sail to try to become a recording producer (the classes gave crammed assignments and I failed them, and plus I got kicked out for missing just two days because I was in the county jail for grand theft auto. And the charges were dropped to my luck. )

-truck driving (I didn't go right into it after graduation. I'd need a refresher course if I was going for it, but I'm not, but I will keep my CDL for the hell of it.)

I'm officially retired from taking on any kind of extra higher learning in life. For me, it's either self-employment or just stay collecting from the state governments.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I want to go to the art institute to increase my art skills and then I want to go into game design and design games.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I went to a Technical High School, so I was able to get a jump start on my career training. So far, I only have the typical K-12 education.

Outside of work and school, I have always been fascinated with learning, so that will never stop.

I have been tempted to go to school, but I am conflicted with what I want to go for. Biology? Religion? Psychology? I am really unsure. So, for now, I will continue with my full time job and research as a hobby.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I am currently going back to school to study electrical theory..

Other then that I completed high school.. Got a certification in personal fitness..

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I was an honor role student up to 9th grade ( girls and partying) when I got bored and stopped paying attention, so I went to vocational school for automotive repair, until i just quit in 11th grade, I went and aced the GED test with both hands behind my back. Then I joined the military and went to cannon fire direction control school at Fort Sill OK. Then I used the GI bill to go to college for computer and electronic engineering, where after my 4th semester, i was told that despite my being top in the class, the military had not paid my tuition for the last 2 months saying and paper work discrepency had been at fault, so I just went back to my old method of knowledge acquirement, autodidact learning, sneaking into lectures sometimes at local colleges when a good lecture was going on about subjects that interested me, and trying to get my hands on as many college text books in engineering ans electromagnetism I could get my hands on.

Now I learn from the net, alot of hard won lessons on life.

SnF OP very interesting subject

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Got GCSEs, A Levels and a BSc in Meteorology and Atmospheric Science.

In the future I'd look to perhaps get some form of training or qualification in music production

new topics

top topics

join