It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were Midgets Asronauts ...sent to the moon after Apollo missions?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I am hoping NASA is thinking in another direction. At anytime during our space adventures we could encounter other than human beings. I think it behooves us to consider that when we do meet these other worldlies we want do so with our larger and more powerful earth representatives. Maybe people like denver22 or winofiend or even SLAYER69 might be the better first astronauts any aliens should meet. We use subtle intimidation to project a ’do not mess with us’ image.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by apsalmist

I like your thinking but i would take it the other way - send lions and any hostile aliens will be expecting sharp teeth and claws rather than nukes and armour piercing ballistics.

Or send Jeremy Kyle / Jerry Springer, etc type guests. Lull them into a false sense of "stoopid".

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This makes perfect sense. Now we can take it a step further and say the aliens at Roswell were really midget astronauts and base that on the size on the caskets ordered by the Army from the local funeral home.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

I admit I am confused as to where you came up with this idea. I've never even heard of such a conspiracy. Is this just a random thought you had or is there some conspiracy site floating around talking about midget astronauts that I have not seen?

That said, I've never seen or heard of any kind of evidence, what so ever, that midgets were used by nasa...At all.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

There is no evidence to suggest such a conclusion but this thread is hilarious, please continue.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DirtyLiberalHippie

Has the poster considered the effect on your average midget after being strapped into a centrifuge?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Midget Astronauts. Dwarfs in Space...Sounds like a new reality series on cable.
Bet my mother would watch it.....

Has the poster considered the effect on your average midget after being strapped into a centrifuge?

Would it be anything like Warwick Davis being made to squeeze into a toilet by Johnny Depp?
In that case even I'd watch it...
edit on 26-9-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by apsalmist Maybe people like denver22 or winofiend or even SLAYER69 might be the better first astronauts any aliens should meet. We use subtle intimidation to project a ’do not mess with us’ image.

I'm sorry that you see it that way ... sir/mam..

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This thread reminds me of this :

answers.yahoo.com...

But let me direct you to this article.

NASA cuts astronauts down to size
www.usatoday.com...
edit on 26-9-2012 by MarcellusWallace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This is one of the funniest threads I have seen on here.

On a more serious note, I bet NASA are kicking themselves they didnt think of this before Apollo.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
i remember seeing a sci-fi movie where the techies on a space ship were dwarfs retrofitted with artificial hands and limbs that could be changed out for tools. Their small size allowed them to access the mechanical compartments of the the ship that might need services or repaired. I can't remember what the name of the movie was, but the dwarfs voluntarily signed up for this duty and for the bio-mechanical modification.

If I was a dwarf I wouldn't think that being an astronaut was too tall an order.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22

Originally posted by Dr Expired
Was the utterance by Neil Armstrong , as he made the first steps on the moonmore pertinent than first thought for future astronauts?midgetnouts?

That's one small step for man..that's one giant leap for dwarf kind..

(O.P. is Kidding right?):

Brings a whole new scale(meaning) to "dwarf tossing" doesn't it??????

"Uh... Houston, "EAGLE" ; I've got Mission commander "Little Louie" by the grab handles;
lem depressurizing... hatch open;
And there he goes sailing across the lunar surface.....sailing....sailing...
still going...
contact. Louie has landed. Cleared 450meters!":

Congratulations eagle a new record.

lol:

and no footprints around the lander ladder("PROOF"!!!!!?
)

edit on 26-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
That's a crazy idea !
Also what is an Asronaut?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by apsalmist

I like your thinking but i would take it the other way - send lions and any hostile aliens will be expecting sharp teeth and claws rather than nukes and armour piercing ballistics.

Or send Jeremy Kyle / Jerry Springer, etc type guests. Lull them into a false sense of "stoopid".

I think you have something there. Wasn't there a report about a year or so ago suggesting that couch potatoes are possibly more suited to long term space travel than the super fit astronauts we usually send up. Either it was a serious suggestion or some sneaky way of social cleansing.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

edit on 26-9-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The scary thing is that some one else had the same idea as you.

media.moddb.com...
edit on 9/26/2012 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

No offense intended, lad. It’s just I think we would be better represented by a strapping, bright and handsome astronaut than not. Your avatar suggests you fit the bill.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by apsalmist
reply to post by denver22

No offense intended, lad. It’s just I think we would be better represented by a strapping, bright and handsome astronaut than not. Your avatar suggests you fit the bill.
Compliments are appreciated

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Okay, I agree that this thread was not coherently constructed and more brainstorming should have been done, no disrespect at all to the thread-author, just some constructive criticism but Many replies are filled with prejudice and hate. So to the ill-mannered pigs, grow up.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join