It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple question.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
For those that have Heart, Know what it is like to be King for a day, And know how to let their emotion Flow like Robots. If you could talk to God, what would you ask of him? Would you think only of yourself, or would you attempt to find some sort of Knowledge to help out all Of Mankind? I personally feel that I would do my best to cover all bases so to speak. If one believes that all people are connected and all things are part of a greater whole, then what would you ask of HIM or HER? When one gets to a certain point, after being told many different things, How would one know who or what to believe? If a Doctor hands you a pill, and doesn't tell you what it is, would you swallow, or refuse until you know more about the situation? Would you do whatever it my take to get out of a bad situation, or live in Misery? If you had the ability to get what you want and need, but feel that you may or may not Desire or Require anything, then what would you yourself do? Would you be the type of person that continues to climb a ladder after repeatedly being knocked down? Or would you yourself stay at the bottom where every single person you trusted left you? I can only speak for myself when I say that I would continue to climb, regardless of what a person, says to me, or tries to convince me otherwise. Thank you one and all who may or may not have helped me in the present, past, or future.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 522777555

That's not a simple question; that's nine of them, not all exactly related. Do you have a point or are you just fishing for an answer more coherent than your queries?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Yeah I'm afraid it was not as your title described. It stopped making much sense shortly after the question about what you would ask god.

What ladder are you talking about? Why am I climbing it, whats at the top, and what is knocking me off. What is this a metaphor of? Why have people that are trusted put me at the bottom of this ladder? I don't really follow what you are getting at.

I will give an answer to the part I think I understood. I do have a question I have always wanted to ask God. I want to know if he makes the laws of nature, or if he is simply an advanced user of these laws. Is this a selfish question? It probably is, as it would be to satisfy my own curiosity. Shame on me?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I would simply ask him, who are you?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Firstly, negative one I do feel that is a bit of a low blow. I'm Afraid that the doubtful one has already answered that himself. In my own experience I can only say that I once shouted at the Heavens, this same question and only I answered.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I would not ask a question but rather offer thanks for prayres & questions already asked & answered.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
And to you I Give thanks and Take welcome. I would not be where I am now if it weren't for you and yours. I may or may not always be on, but I'm forever here.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 522777555

What would I say to God? You mean the Christian version of God, or the Grand Architect of the Universe?

If you are talking the former, I am afraid I would have such a rant he would not like me much. I would invite him to look at his creations, and what they have done to Earth. I would tell him to pull the plug already, and start over again.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Well consider me the curious one this time around.

After having my curiosity satisfied, I would love to know what God needs. I need food to live, air to breathe, comfort when I'm hurt, and many other things are needed. Does God have any needs? Is there a way to help God?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
My apologies on the term "GOD" I personally never liked the word itself. It carries with it so many connotations, so yes I most certainly meant Architect. Though I might ask what you know of Creations. As far as I know, a "god" wouldn't need a single thing. A god would only be. Though this is only my own opinion on the matter.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I suppose my overall desire is a wish to be able to define what God, or the Architect as you would say, really is.

What motivates such a figure? Or what are they really capable of? Did this figure have to grow and mature in their role? Did God (or The Architect) build this amazing universe of cause and effect, and later got bored of watching volcanoes form and galaxies collide and decide to create life to live in it to spice things up? Does this creator entity suffer or struggle with anything? Did he/she have a choice in whether to create life or not? There is a lot I would like to know.

Thanks for your response.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I'm glad that I could take the time to answer any questions that you or others may have. I do feel that I must apologize for my seemingly paradoxical nature. It may at times seem like I just ramble on and on and on, but I do this for a purpose. I think that even the term Architect isn't quite right. If I had to guess I would say that you yourself are Athiest, but hopefully you are at least Agnostic. In my own personal opinion, a Divine being has no true motivation. It just is. The best way I can think of to truly convey it is through integers and please let's not delve into theoretetical numbers and what not. Let's try to keep it basic. In the most commonly accepted thought "0" (zero) doesn't exist; It is just the absence of definition. To define zero you would need something more. Thus we come to "1" (one). So we now have this symbol to represent a thought, idea, physical object, etc. Without zero, one could not exist and without one, zero has no definition. Is that or is it not simple? If we consider 0 as divinity, then anything else is 1. Thank you for waiting patiently for my response.

new topics

top topics

join