It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress hasn't adjourned this early since 1948... the weasels.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Funny though, one of the last things they did was...

passed a bill before leaving town that further delays the online posting of senior executives’ personal finances. S. 3625, sponsored by Sen. Joe Lieberman, I-Conn., delays until Dec. 8 the posting requirement for thousands of high-ranking career employees subject to the Stop Trading on Congressional Knowledge Act

Senate delays STOCK Act for senior execs

December 8th, let's see, is that before or after the elections?

Under pressure from several groups over the STOCK Act, Congress already had pushed back the deadline from Aug. 31 to Sept. 30 for federal executives and others covered by the law to provide personal financial information for the public database. Earlier this month, a federal district court judge, issued a temporary preliminary injunction delaying enforcement of the STOCK Act until Oct. 31.

and...

Various organizations, including the Senior Executives Association and the American Foreign Service Association, have objected to making 28,000 high-ranking career employees subject to the requirements of the STOCK Act.

Bill Text

No wonder they left early, they have things to do!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

(b) Financial Disclosure Forms Not Subject to New Effective Date- Financial disclosure forms filed by the following individuals shall not be subject to the effective date under this section: (1) The President. (2) The Vice President. (3) Any Member of Congress. (4) Any candidate for Congress. (5) Any officer occupying a position listed in section 5312 or section 5313 of title 5, United States Code, having been nominated by the President and confirmed by the Senate to that position.

Weasels is too nice I am thinking of a more profane perjorative.

Yep Yep.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
This has been the least productive congress in over 50 years and now they adjourn early?
i guess it gets boring sitting around washington doing nothing so they wanted to go home early.

What these crooks have accomplished is nothing short of:
treason for providing financial aid and comfort to our enemies,I.E. pakistan who is providing a safe haven to terrorist.
Theft and fraud for accepting a paycheck and doing nothing to earn it.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

Makes me wonder about the "conspiracy theory" of martial law before the election.......Usually when rats disappear, something bad is coming........................

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

If we hear about many of them "vacationing" at the same time, out of the country, then yes prepare.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
This has been the least productive congress in over 50 years

You got that right... almost.

The Least Productive Congress Ever?

So far, the House of Representatives this year has taken over 1,000 separate votes which has surpassed the most recorded votes ever in the history of Congress. We also have been "in session" voting for 146 days so far, which is also headed to a record number of days in Washington, DC. So, that's the input.

But what about the output? So far, only 107 bills have been signed into law. Over half of these were either naming something (like a post office) or extending an existing law that was scheduled to expire. several more were simple land transfers from government to government. National Review has suggested that has been only one piece of legislation of any significance that has passed and been signed into law which was the increase in the minimum wage. This Congress is on track to pass the fewest bills since electronic records have been kept. Furthermore, Congress has failed to send a single appropriations (budget/spending) bill to the President after a full month into the fiscal year. The is the first time Congress has failed to do so since 1987.

So, arguably, this Congress has been the least productive Congress ever.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Look at it this way. If they aint in session, they aint screwing us over...as much...
Wonder if this is why so many of them are quiting and not going for reelection? the longer they stay away and dont do their jobs, the safer i feel lol
edit on 25-9-2012 by roaland because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2012 by roaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

What these crooks have accomplished is nothing short of: treason for providing financial aid and comfort to our enemies,I.E. pakistan who is providing a safe haven to terrorist. Theft and fraud for accepting a paycheck and doing nothing to earn it.

You are painting a ultra-simplistic view. For instance take Pakistan, if you remove the corruption money you are putting into their pockets what will you lose? The same is valid to Israel, stop supporting them and what will you lose? Then reverse that and ask who will gain from the US have diminished influence on those regions ?

I'm not stating that the status quo is great and that the funds are well spend and in the interest of the US citizen, especially in Israel to me the investment there is also a bit of political corruption (some money returns as campaign money) keeping the US-Israel deadly embraced.

Also interesting is that if Israel ceases to be an issue (whatever outcome), what do you think would be the next issue dominating that region ? (hint. it starts first word starts with an S and the second with an A, not not South Africa, that is not in that region)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

What are you trying to do, hi-jack my congress bashing thread?

This is about them delaying the Stock Act, and skipping out of town earlier than any congress in 60 years.

With an approval rate lower than Atilla the Hun, it should be fun for everybody!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

Sorry for that, I was just making a small correction to the comment listed. No intention in derailing the thread. This is a problem of limitation of the software on ATS is should be more like /. in regards to the relevance of the subsequent posts and their visibility.

In any case I doubt that you will find anyone disagreeing with your view of congress, and your point was already well made (I gave you a flag and a star for that)...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11
Sorry for that, I was just making a small correction to the comment listed.

No worries, I was just trying to bump the thread without making it loo...

I mean...

Those Crooked Bastards!

It's just one of those discussions I feel we should be having. Their net worth doubles while ours is cut in half and people should be fired up about it.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
One of the last things they did before leaving was vote down a veteran’s jobs bill. Vote was 58 for 40 against.

All fifty one of the Democrats two Independents and five Republicans voted for it but they still needed two votes to pass. Everyone who voted it down was Republican it really makes me mad because I read the Bill and I guarantee it will pass when they come back in session.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Obvious partisan dig noted...

At least it wasn't directed at us po' votin folk.

Not even subtle, are they.

new topics

top topics

join