It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is a healthy corn chip?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
What is a healthy corn chip? Corn chips nowadays are claimed organic/natural. Welcome to the GMO world. Out top of that, they have very little nutrion/minerals. Carbs are good, with moderate amount and fat is good in moderate amount.
So these corn chips are primarily a carb/fat source. The fat is monosaturated (most chips) which is the good fat and ontop of beans and all that other salsa stuff, nothing is wrong. So i've been eating these as a major crutch on my bodybuilding lifestyle (good choice, i thought) so now I am cutting (losing weight) and rethinking on the corn chips.

what is the difference of blue and yellow

i do very well not eating bread and little carbs, but i need some source
edit on 25-9-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
To answer your last question first. The difference between blue and yellow corn chips is the variety of corn they are made from. There is actually a blue variety.

Now,"what is a healthy corn chip"; it is an oxymoron. Considering the invasion of GMO pollen into non GMO crops being grown down wind from the GMO crop, more and more of the non GMO corn crops are showing up with at least traces of GMO DNA. The genie is out of the bottle and we may already be too late to stuff it back in before it does major damage to the people who eat this poison.

TRUE STORY...

One of the agribusiness giants, I think it was Monsanto, was growing a GMO corn crop for seed corn near an organic farmers fields of corn. One of the things they do as part of the GMO modifications is to de-tassel the corn stalks before the tassels release their pollen. Then they take pollen collected from another variety (it does not take much the way they introduce it) to pollinate the GMO crop.

It turns out that Monsanto was very careless in transporting the tassels from one or the other in open bed trucks past the organic farmers fields. As a result the organic farmers corn had GMO DNA in it. So Monsanto took him to court and sued to have the organic farmer destroy his entire crop of corn without compensation for "patent violation". The court actually upheld Monsanto's claim and the farmer lost his whole years worth of profit. Hey, do you think Monsanto "bought" a judge.

If you look for it there is already a very good thread here on ATS about new long term studies showing the GMO foods are very dangerous causing tumors, organ failures and much more.

edit on 25-9-2012 by happykat39 because: Typos and added last paragraph.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

,just what are you eating lately?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I eat almost all fresh produce supplemented with a little meat for a nutrient balance. And I have learned to identify produce, by PLU code, that is supposed to be non GMO. Other than that I guess I just have to take my chances like the rest of you. Its either that or starve.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

Or move to another nation altogether. It's an option I'll probably implement as soon as I can. It's not only limited to food: I cannot stand fluoridated water permeating nearly every aspect of my life. All I can do is minimise it.

But back on topic... Hah! It should be the other way around for those farmers! But justice is dead. Still I can only hope the big M's days are numbered.
edit on 27-9-2012 by Jayesper because: (no reason given)

join