It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture Criteria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Imagine that, if there was an actual, quantified criteria by some group of extra terrestrial/dimensional/astral beings looking to take up humans in the case of some upcoming Earth catastrophe, or deserved advancement of human beings, aka ascension?

What would the criteria be? Post what you can come up with!

I'll start:

Mine would probably have to do with people that are less capable of considering certain parts of their "in the moment" thoughts, feelings, and/or beliefs in general, with a level of reasonable uncertainty, aka reasonable doubt.

Modern day humans, especially here in the good 'o US. of A, seem to lack the ability to reasonably doubt much within themselves, such as their own thoughts and feelings.

I'll give a modern day example: I have reasonable doubt about 9/11 because I'm thinking in the "rapture-sense".

edit on 25-9-2012 by Soloro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
There's literally dozens of threads on the rapture. Do we really need one more?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Do we really need one more post about a thread being about the rapture being the "final straw?"

Besides. It's my first one!

Its not like it's real

But i starred your post because I thought you took the spirit of my idea straight to fruition.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloro

Okay, how about if in order to be "raptured" you have to know how to roller skate, you have to like Eggo waffles and you have to be able to drink a half gallon of chocolate milk in under two minutes.

That's it.... that's all I've got!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I like your post, i like your avitar, and you have chocolate bliss. forget the dark side i'm comming to your side and bringing milk!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tluna1

Come on down- we always have room for one more!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by Soloro

Okay, how about if in order to be "raptured" you have to know how to roller skate, you have to like Eggo waffles and you have to be able to drink a half gallon of chocolate milk in under two minutes.

Hahaha.

That half gallon chug would be way too barf-inducing. Perhaps we could use the thrust of our collective projectile barf to lift off into orbit?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by Soloro

Thank you, littled16...
Now I know - I won't go.
...can't roller skate without a full squad of cheerleaders (yeah right) holding me up (36 years ago)...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
that's simple....go to the truth source....Holy Scripture...I always post that one has to read this scripture book. It has all the answers....did you know it says His yoke is easy and His burden is light...yep, the verse we have for criteria for approval is John 17 or so....as long as a believer is not doing what the verse says....you're in! how cool to actually know ahead of time not to worry.I'm going from memory but jn. 17....the master went away for a short trip and when he returns.....that one.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
If I were the Aliens I would take the children. Much easier to manage and indoctrinate. Much more tender too.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
My main criteria would be ethics. People should be ethically developed, respect all life. Second criteria is intelligence - interest in learning, openmindness, critical and analytical thinking. Or at least good potencial to develope these things.
It´s good question, because it makes you think what you value most in humans

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloro

Wouldn't this be about like a mass abduction, not the rapture? The entities would probably abduct the blood types they preferred the best, sorta like picking one's favorite wine from a wine cellar.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ntech
If I were the Aliens I would take the children. Much easier to manage and indoctrinate. Much more tender too.

They'd take fat alcoholics too, it would be their version of Kobe beef.

edit on 26-9-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloro

I think the rapture is a false doctrine inserted to confuse portions of Christendom. It certainly makes us look foolish, and doesn't line up with Jesus core teachings

"thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven"

"I ask not that you take them out of the world"

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Here are the requirements:

1)Need for the world to fall apart because it doesn't adopt your early common era levant-based view of the world (which according to the bible is flat).
2)Superficial kindness and mercy like the god you believe in
3)Self-righteousness
4)Love of a god that will exterminate billions in a cosmic eminent domain
5)Hatred of Science and Reason
6)Belief that death and suffering was caused by a stolen apple in the heavenly walmart
7)Belief that a god had a son who was himself that suffered, died (god dies?), and resurrected his son (himself) and that believing in someone who suffered for a few hours will save you while humanity remains a suffering lot over an apple -- suffering decreed by a loving god who demands blood sacrifice

new topics

top topics

join