It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm on the fence about Mediums. Are there any legit ones out there in ATS land?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Not sure about mediums, except one. James Padgett, It seems like he was visited by Jesus and some of his apostles and others.
www.divinelovedivinetruth.org...

He never made money off his gift and he was a successful lawyer.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
If you do find a genuine medium, I think it'll be a long search. There are many out there who label themselves as such, then just give general, mumbo jumbo answers. I have tried to find a medium, but never found one that could give me more than generalities. I actually had one fooled into thinking my dad was a caring , devoted father. [At least that's what she said] She was only doing a "cold reading" and I played her like a fiddle. Over about 25 years, I've been to 14 of them, all wrong about everything. I use to be very interested in this stuff, still am, but I've given up finding a real medium. Good Luck though, I sincerely hope you find what you're looking for.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

That is part of the reason why I do not offer readings. If spirit determines that there is a need, I let spirit do it. A lot of the time people search out mediums because of curiosity instead of serious need, and they won't get a proper reading because there is no spirit there. At least that is my perspective/take on it.

When the compulsion kicks in though, look out lol cause spirit has a message for someone.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
I will not however do a reading.

Why?
Did something happen the last time you did a reading?
Ahhh too bad. Hope it didn't FREAK you out.
Because we are all liars even if we only lie to ourselves.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I would be considered a medium, if you have any questions I can answer them here openly on the board, I will not however do a reading. I can point you to many very respected mediums if you wish, however, they are costly and in my personal opinion, you should save your money and learn to speak with spirit yourself.

I'm going to back Darkblade up here and offer this link as my own experience with him.

reply to post by NorEaster

The U2U exchanges that followed the thread were much more overwhelming, and my issue with the taps, knocks and variety of clearly paranormal incidents cleared up as a result of his putting my friend in direct touch with me. She (my friend) and I have developed a means of basic communication through tarot spreads (we were tarot buddies when she was still alive) and she doesn't feel the need to steal things and hide them or turn on the bathroom faucet or tap on the walls anymore. This specific development (the tarot ADC system that we worked out) even helped my 1st wife (who suffered a tragic death in the early 90s) connect with our daughter to clear up some troubling issues that had been left unresolved. Lets just say that if all of this is my imagination, then I'm a freakin' genius and should put this show on the road and make some real money.

Darkblade did come through in an impressive manner, and that's a fact that I'll always state and defend without any reservation.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by obnoxiouschick

I will not however do a reading.

Why?
Did something happen the last time you did a reading?
Ahhh too bad. Hope it didn't FREAK you out.
Because we are all liars even if we only lie to ourselves.

His dealings with my deceased friend were pretty painful for him. She died terribly, and for some reason he experienced her death as part of her reaching out to him. It was a brutal murder, and the physical pain was the least of the suffering. If he's ever gone through any other similar experiences with other readings, then I don't blame him for being reluctant. Not everything is like they depict it in the movies. Some connections can be literally dangerous, and it's impossible to know that ahead of time.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I figured u or sled would jump in.
I'm just in a pissy mood.
He passed some painful feeling energy to me.
I was a recent reading. The last? maybe

on topic - yes there are mediums
will I ever do a reading or seek another again hell NO

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by obnoxiouschick

There was no intent of passing anything painful to you.
With you, it was something totally different, and still hurts.
There is no way I can rectify your situation without destroying my situation, and I cannot do that to myself or my family. That is the reason for the cut off.

As weird as it sounds to anyone outside of the situation, it is the truth as I see it and I apologize openly for it.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

WOW
u actually replied

Good for you

Fine - I'll just say YES Darkblade71 is medium and a great painter.

c(_) mines tea I had to switch go drink your coffee

TO THE OP - seriously be careful. Usually local metaphysical shops, places that sell crystals and stuff.... they always have friends that know good ones. I've been to a few places and just talked to shop owners. Funny thing was the readers would pass over me say nothing to me actually and they always focused on my husband. This happened twice.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I too have seen the show "Long Island Medium", and it is one I thoroughly enjoy. As for her being the "real deal", I find it difficult to believe there could be anything phony about that woman!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Yours was the first murder I have experienced. I have watched people die in tragic deaths like a movie, but never have been inside someone when the lights go out. Your friend taught me a lot through that experience. This is all a learning process and that was one of the more profound experiences I have had. I've always been cautious of readings because as with yours, I found much of the time, I feel others pain. I suppose that is to understand it.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I have to say that having never been to a medium, I would not know where to start. However, being one that spirits are attracted to for some reason, can mediumship be learned? I often have a hard time sleeping at night because of all the chatter and I don't know how to 'listen' to them. To me, it often sounds like an indiscernible radio station..

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Menrva

I have often viewed myself as a radio receiver. Meditation to quiet the mind is almost always the first step.
These things can be learned for certain if you already are receiving. Next time you get the signals, ask them to slow down so you can understand it. Also with mediation, your vibration changes to a higher pattern, and with spirit slowing down and you speeding up, you meet in the middle and that is where the messages are clearest. But it is a matter of learning to quiet yourself and also for spirit to fine tune into you as you do it, if that makes any sense.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Menrva

I have often viewed myself as a radio receiver. Meditation to quiet the mind is almost always the first step.
These things can be learned for certain if you already are receiving. Next time you get the signals, ask them to slow down so you can understand it. Also with mediation, your vibration changes to a higher pattern, and with spirit slowing down and you speeding up, you meet in the middle and that is where the messages are clearest. But it is a matter of learning to quiet yourself and also for spirit to fine tune into you as you do it, if that makes any sense.

I've been doing a bit of personal research into developing this sort of connection capacity, and have been running into this "raising vibration" directive, and yet I have not been able to find any source that explains how to do this or how to tell if you're being successful (in a bio-feedback sense of self monitoring). Do you know of any very specific sourcing material that exists to help someone (like me) who learns by fully and deeply and specifically understanding exactly what is entailed without any ambiguities whatsoever.

I have this same problem with properly grasping meditation, since the steps and expectations are always described in vague general terms or outright jargon. I'd say that this issue is my biggest irritation as I try to personally experiment with these more esoteric aspects of metaphysics.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Menrva

This makes perfect sense. Next time they start talking, I will start listening. Thank you!!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Basically it is getting into the brain wave pattern alpha I think. I would have to double check, but if I am not mistaken, that is pretty much it. It is a matter of being able to put yourself into a waking trance. I used candles. I would stare at the candle until my mind would just blank out so to speak. I wouldn't fall asleep, instead I would sit there motionless for a few hours without realizing that is what I was doing.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Basically it is getting into the brain wave pattern alpha I think. I would have to double check, but if I am not mistaken, that is pretty much it. It is a matter of being able to put yourself into a waking trance. I used candles. I would stare at the candle until my mind would just blank out so to speak. I wouldn't fall asleep, instead I would sit there motionless for a few hours without realizing that is what I was doing.

I've sort of done this is recording studio sessions. I have ADD (didn't know that at the time) and the only way to get the track right (for me) was to trance out at an LED light somewhere in the room, and never take my eyes off it as I kind of "broad-viewed" the whole scene (kind of a peripheral view widening sort of thing with the eyes) and let my fingers do what they knew to do on the fretboard. Always nailed the track when I employed that technique.

Is this what you mean?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Yep, it would be like that.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Yep, it would be like that.

excellent. Thanks for helping me out here. Someone should write a book that gets right into the technicals of all of this. It'd go a long way toward erasing the stigma of flakiness attached to the field if nothing else was accomplished.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

reply to post by DAVID64

That is part of the reason why I do not offer readings. If spirit determines that there is a need, I let spirit do it. A lot of the time people search out mediums because of curiosity instead of serious need, and they won't get a proper reading because there is no spirit there. At least that is my perspective/take on it.

When the compulsion kicks in though, look out lol cause spirit has a message for someone.

In other words you have arranged things so that you never have to PROVE that you are for real to anyone who is in a disposition to actually test you.

I'm never going to believe anyone has access to supposedly impossible knowledge unless they can prove it under controlled conditions.
edit on 26-9-2012 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4 >>

join