It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YOUR PAST...very cool‏ !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The screen is going to fade to black.. have your glasses on, and follow the instructions below.

You'll be pleasantly surprised with this one... Type the year only!! Then click the question (?) mark!

Sit back and enjoy!! EVERYONE SHOULD SEE THIS -

IT IS WONDERFUL.

Click Below
Your Past

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I found this site just last week, good idea posting it

I love how my birth year is the year Back To The Future came out

It's really cool seeing how things were when you were born and something about their writing style had me laughing lol.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Miri08

I know I thought it was so cool I love your avatar too BTW!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by starlitestarbrite

Jim Morrison died and The Exorcist was the number 1 movie when I was born.
2nd

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It told me that google and abovetopsecret weren't invented yet????

Peace

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Peace

I got that line as well... with Yahoo too...the mention of AboveTopSecret.com not being invented yet is highly suspicious or it could just be that the programming picks up the site you came from, maybe.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ericthenewbie

Peace

I got that line as well... with Yahoo too...the mention of AboveTopSecret.com not being invented yet is highly suspicious or it could just be that the programming picks up the site you came from, maybe.

I got that too, but I figured it was because I clicked on that link from ATS. Does it maybe show them it was directed from here? Not sure how all that works, I'd have to ask my IT hubby. Seems to me that all sites are gathering information about who clicks on what, where, where from, how long, ect.. Info gathering at it's finest.. well maybe not it's finest, but certainly the norm it seems.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Well. OP. It wasn't very impressive to me, I still gave you a star and a flag though, just for nostalgias sake.

In 1978 the only thing of any actual import it described was the movie "Grease" being the number one hit in theaters. Basically everything else was rubish, of no import, or even fun value in remembering.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Awe sorry you weren't entertained but thanks anyway.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Well I loved the link; here's a sample from my birthyear...

In 1960... The state of emergency is lifted in Kenya, officially ending the Mau Mau Uprising. A major insurrection occurs in Algiers against French colonial policy. In Greensboro, North Carolina, four black students from North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University begin a sit-in at a segregated Woolworth's lunch counter. Although they are refused service, they are allowed to stay at the counter. The event triggers many similar nonviolent protests throughout the Southern United States, and 6 months later the original 4 protesters are served lunch at the same counter. Joanne Woodward receives the first star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The United States launches the first weather satellite, TIROS-1. The Kenyan African National Congress Party is founded in Kenya, when 3 political parties join forces. U.S. Senator John F. Kennedy wins the California Democratic primary. The newly named Beatles begin a 48-night residency at the Indra Club in Hamburg, West Germany. The 1960 Summer Olympics open in Rome. Sammy Davis, Jr. marries Swedish actress May Britt. That was the world you were born into. Since then, you and others have changed it.

Thanks for posting it. I will share this with my friends as well...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

For me it was all like the 80's ! but while born in the 80s I was a 90s Kid and miss the 90s so bad haha. Wish it had told me about more than just Lion King. didn't give me my Ninja Turtles
. It was kind of funny at parts something like "back in your day people read Books..." hahaha

When I was born Top Gun came out.
Oh and I think that was the first martin Luther king jr holiday.

Also could it type like at least 2 times as fast. I can't comprehend that slow.
edit on 9/25/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Definately a cool site...

The video game of the day was Lunar Lander? And the introduction of Radiated food

I totally had that game lol

edit on 25-9-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Hmm... More interactive feel to it than Wikipedia. Although with Wikipedia, the words don't move.

Cool either way, just imagine how sophisticated this style will get in the next few years.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
[align=center][color=00FFFF]... 1969 ...[/align]

The top selling movie was Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

People's Democracy begins a march from Belfast to Derry, Northern Ireland in support of civil rights.

The Soviet Union launches Venera 6 toward Venus. After 147 years, the last issue of The Saturday Evening Post is published. Two cosmonauts transfer from Soyuz 5 to Soyuz 4 via a spacewalk while the two craft are docked together, the first time such a transfer takes place. The two spacecraft undock. Soyuz 4 will reenter Earth's atmosphere and land January 17 while Soyuz 5 will have a hard landing January 18.

The Manson Family kills Leno and Rosemary LaBianca, wealthy Los Angeles business people.

In Cairo, Yasser Arafat is elected Palestine Liberation Organization leader at the Palestinian National Congress.

Apollo 10's lunar module flies to within 15,400 m of the Moon's surface.

Man lands on the moon during the Apollo 11 mission of the United States.

The first heart transplantation occurs.

The first computer game, Spacewar, is created.

The song I Heard It Through the Grapevine by Marvin Gaye topped the US charts.

Ooh, I bet you're wondering how I knew
About you're plans to make me blue
With some other guy that you knew before.
Between the two of us guys
You know I love you more.
It took me by surprise I must say,
When I found out yesterday.
Don't you know that...

When you were 9, the movie Superman was playing.
When you were 8, there was Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo.
When you were 7, there was a Disney movie out called The Rescuers.

In 1969, a new character entered the world of comic books: Vampirella. Bang! Boom!

What an an amazing it time
Thanks OP.

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Peace

IT said the same thing to me too :O

Progress, year after year. Do you wonder where the world is heading towards? The technology available today would have blown your mind in 1978. Do you know what was invented in the year you were born? The Credit-card-sized Calculator. The Solar-powered Calculator. The Spreadsheet.

I'm as old as the solar powered calculator

edit on 9/25/2012 by mblahnikluver because:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I was born in a great year. Yeah baby.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ericthenewbie

Peace

Yes, I expect it uses the referral which is very simple and nothing to worry about.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Yes, it only stated AboveTopSecret because we all clicked the link from here. I just copied the link into google, and it put Google.au in place of AboveTopSecret.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Very Cool!
I enjoyed reading about my birth year quite a bit! It was a good year! Apparently everyone loved 'The Terminator' and 'The Silence of the Lambs' that year. The Nintendo was released in the states, and quite a few other fun facts! The only part I didn't like reading about my birth year....."Genetically engineered crops are developed for commercial use."... Not cool! Oh well, the rest was a great read!
Thanks for sharing! Star & flag!!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Ericthenewbie

It's just picking up the referrer data from the link. If you direct type in the url it goes on about google and yahoo only.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join